Most Effective Mighty Strikes / Brazen Rush Spam?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Most effective Mighty Strikes / Brazen Rush spam?
Most effective Mighty Strikes / Brazen Rush spam?
First Page 2
By Felgarr 2020-08-13 16:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Hello!
What would you say is the most effective (highest DPS) configuration for WAR to perform Mighty Strikes + Brazen Rush spam? (Let's assume same buffs/mobs). I'm currently working on this configuration for Decimation spam:

Dolchineus
Fernago (TP Bonus +1000)
Valorous pieces with STR+ and Crit.hit damage+

Just something to do I guess while the DM campaign is currently running...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-13 16:47:35
Link | Citer | R

If you have 100% MA, Brazen Rush does little to help.

I mean, ok, having a SP ability that grants +80 Attack with JPs is ok, but really, it's lackluster compared to other SPs.
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2020-08-13 16:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Just means make a BR set with no DA and plenty of STP.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-08-13 17:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Or crit hit dmg +
By SimonSes 2020-08-13 17:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If you have 100% MA, Brazen Rush does little to help.

I mean, ok, having a SP ability that grants +80 Attack with JPs is ok, but really, it's lackluster compared to other SPs.

Thats some very weird statement. First of all you are not getting 100% DA on WS when you try to gear up critical damage bonus for mighty strikes. Same for TP set tbh. You try to wear stp, crit damage, da damage gear with brazen/ms both up. Brazen is only useless if you choose to make it useless.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-13 17:23:05
Link | Citer | R

BR's biggest impact will be on Weapon Skills as we're not normally capped DA there even with Fighters Roll. It doesn't seem like much but when everything else is capped, those extra hits help.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-08-13 17:30:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Fernago (TP Bonus +1000)

Why? For accuracy or some other ws?
By Felgarr 2020-08-13 17:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »
Quote:
Fernago (TP Bonus +1000)

Why? For accuracy or some other ws?

You're right, that was a typo. I currently use Barbarity+1 as offhand for Delchineus during Decimation-spam.
By Felgarr 2020-08-13 17:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Also, I'm seeing 2 options from people's replies:

1.) Load on STP because more frequent WSes during BR/MS spam is best
OR
2.) STP, Crit.hit.damage, double attack (more frequent WSes, as well).

#1 sounds like the laziest, lowest-common-denominator approach. #2 sounds like it could be the most impactful while TP'ing (and of course, WS choice matters).
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-08-13 17:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

#1 sounds like the laziest, lowest-common-denominator approach.
So a Dolichenus build then
 Siren.Itachi
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-08-13 19:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Decimation doesn't get much out of TP bonus right? You'd think you would use Odin sword off hand

Also why would Dolichenus beat R15 Chango with MS up? Does the 120% Decimation dmg become broken or something with MS?

Something kinda dumb but fun sounding that people posted in the other war weapon thread was going war/mnk Karambit with Store TP gear. With mighty strikes you'd get that extra store tp 100% of the weapon full time
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-08-13 22:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said: »
Decimation doesn't get much out of TP bonus right? You'd think you would use Odin sword off hand

Yes, zantetsuken or an augged sangarius. It's pointless to use Fernagu for decimation
By Felgarr 2020-08-13 22:58:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Friedrik said: »

#1 sounds like the laziest, lowest-common-denominator approach.
So a Dolichenus build then

I'm open to other builds, but just haven't had the best opportunities to test it. I have every end-game weapon for WAR (almost exclusively rank 15, as well).

In all the replies so far, I don't see anyone suggesting another weapon or weapon-skill, so thank you for your snarkiness.

(....and besides, #1 (STP only) means I don't even attempt Dark Matter augments, which I'd like to take advantage of while the campaign is currently running. I think STR+, Crit-hit-damage and STP is worth attempting/aiming for).
By SimonSes 2020-08-14 00:39:56
Link | Citer | R

You have all WAR weapons at r15 and cant figure this out on your own and call out people giving you suggestions.. lol

DM augments are for WS not for TP for this build.
You want crit damage augments, because you will have DA from BR and Decimation will crit obviously because of MS, so normal Decimation set focused on DA, STR and no crit damage will be way behind.
That being said DM augments with high crit damage and something useful are rare af. Its probably way easier to make them with stones.

Another obvious DM augments are QA+3% for TP

Lastly Decimation is probably one of the better WSs for MS/BR, but I think melee damage and ws frequency might actually pull whole build below few other options, but I dont have access to any direct comparision between fully optimized MS/BR setups.

Edit: Spaitin probably has the biggest experience with various setups for MS and maybe you can ask him directly or point him here. Also I wouldnt be surprised if Resolution would still be best for it, if you dont self skillchain and Chango 3step if you do self skillchain.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-08-14 00:48:14
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
You have all WAR weapons at r15 and cant figure this out on your own and call out people giving you suggestions.. lol

DM augments are for WS not for TP for this build.
You want crit damage augments, because you will have DA from BR and Decimation will crit obviously because of MS, so normal Decimation set focused on DA, STR and no crit damage will be way behind.
That being said DM augments with high crit damage and something useful are rare af. Its probably way easier to make them with stones.

Another obvious DM augments are QA+3% for TP

Lastly Decimation is probably one of the better WSs for MS/BR, but I think melee damage and ws frequency might actually pull whole build below few other options, but I dont have access to any direct comparision between fully optimized MS/BR setups.

It's not that I can't figure out. I wanted to engage in conversation from people who play WAR more frequently than I do. I also didn't want to engage in too much trial&error and just start building the right sets for what I want to do. (i.e. if I make incorrect assumptions or inferences based on my tests and other people have already figured it out, why would I re-invent the wheel?).

In any case, your logic is sound and appreciate your help. As far as DM augments go, I happen to get STR+15, Acc/Atk and crit.hit. damage+1% (not a huge amount, but it's something).
By Felgarr 2020-08-14 00:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Siren.Itachi said: »

Yes, zantetsuken or an augged sangarius. It's pointless to use Fernagu for decimation

Why not Barbarity+1 (or should I be aiming for as much quad attack as possible, specifically in my Dolchineus set?).
By SimonSes 2020-08-14 00:58:08
Link | Citer | R

It's not that I can't figure out. I wanted to engage in conversation from people who play WAR more frequently than I do. I also didn't want to engage in too much trial&error and just start building the right sets for what I want to do. (i.e. if I make incorrect assumptions or inferences based on my tests and other people have already figured it out, why would I re-invent the wheel?).

In any case, your logic is sound and appreciate your help. As far as DM augments go, I happen to get STR+15, Acc/Atk and crit.hit. damage+1% (not a huge amount, but it's something).

In case you will miss my edit, try to ask Spaitin directly to post in this thread (he will probably suggest going for setup that mob is weak to when its possible, so ambu h2h /mnk for blunt and shining one impulse drive for piercing). Also you augment just confirms what I was saying. From normal stones you can get 5% crit damage and 10str which is obviously better. Even just 5% crit damage would be better and thats pretty easy to get. I have personally never seen DM augment above 5% crit damage that is also possible with stones, so maybe you cant get higher, but its just a guess. That being said you would need something like 5%crit damage with high WSD or some TA/QA to beat whats possible with regular augments with stones.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-08-14 01:03:34
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

In case you will miss my edit, try to ask Spaitin directly to post in this thread. Also you augment just confirms what I was saying. From normal stones you can get 5% crit damage and 10str which is obviously better. Even just 5% crit damage would be better and thats pretty easy to get. I have personally never seen DM augment above 5% crit damage that is also possible with stones, so maybe you cant get higher, but its just a guess. That being said you would need something like 5%crit damage with high WSD or some TA/QA to beat whats possible with regular augments with stones.

Yes, I totally get what you're saying. (If I do get DM specific augments on a valorous piece, like Phalanx received or WSD+10, I'm obviously go to keep it and when I'm specifically trying for crit.hit.damage, like you said,I will use stones).

I have many jobs geared and played them at varying frequencies. At this point in my FFXI career, I tend to tailor my goals around the rare augments I get instead of the other way around, I don't have much else to do. I got 1 piece with STR+15 and crit.hit.damage+1 and wanted to get feedback from you guys before investing in it further. I personally like the idea, even if it's rare or miniscule or difficult to obtain. It's not like I have much else to make in this game.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-08-14 01:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Why not just use a great sword and Resolution spam for Mighty Strikes/Brazen Rush? Overcapping attack for Reso isn't an issue on the content where you'd use this strat, right?
By SimonSes 2020-08-14 02:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Personally I would be more curious about 5step with Dolicheneus than just spam Decimation.

Like Calamity > Decimation > Smash Axe > Decimation > Decimation
By Crossbones 2020-08-14 09:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Could be wrong but I remember it being mentioned that pulse scythe was one of the best options for war sp zerg. Don't have one myself so can't speak from experience.
By malakef 2020-08-14 12:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Does weapon type even matter when we should be approaching capped damage under max buffs and MS/BR? Would be more inclined to go with whichever option allows you to WS faster. Though throwing in a SC option sounds interesting to pump out more damage if it’s just the WAR going off.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-08-14 12:38:10
Link | Citer | R

I use sangarius +1 augmented OH for ambu axe. By far the best option I’ve tested with it thus far. Also multi stepping with it isn’t hard and it pumps out fat dmg doing so
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-08-15 08:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »
I use sangarius +1 augmented OH for ambu axe. By far the best option I’ve tested with it thus far. Also multi stepping with it isn’t hard and it pumps out fat dmg doing so

Yeah, I see what you mean. I used to use Barbarity +1, until the recent augments to Sangarius.

Do you mind sharing your decimation set? I haven't updated mine since September, when I was told that to put as much multi-attack as possible:
Code xml
			<head>Flam. Zucchetto +2</head>
			<body augment="D20925277801407">Argosy Hauberk +1</body> <!-- Path A STR/DEX+12 Atk+20 -->
			<hands augment="D2710170112959">Argosy Mufflers +1</hands> <!-- Path D STR+20 DA+3 Haste+3% -->
			<legs>Pumm. Cuisses +3</legs>
			<feet>Flam. Gambieras +2</feet>
			<neck>Fotia Gorget</neck>
			<waist>Fotia Belt</waist>
			<ear1>Brutal Earring</ear1>
			<ear2>Cessance Earring</ear2>
			<ring1>Regal Ring</ring1>
			<ring2>Niqmaddu Ring</ring2>
			<back augment="S8136641508812818575">Cichol's Mantle</back> <!-- STR+30 Acc+20/Atk+20 DA+10 -->
By Crossbones 2020-08-15 10:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Change legs to argosy +1.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-08-15 17:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Thank you sir
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2020-10-23 15:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Woah, just found this thread. Reso hits harder than upheaval during MSBR, but it doesnt SC. Which is both a good and bad thing.

For Reso
ItemSet 366564

For Blunt weak mobs.
ItemSet 368983

For Upheaval

ItemSet 367715

For teles , I usually go with someone using shining one and spam Spiral and Impulse for darks both ways.

Decimation will hit very hard, but the WS frequency of DW is far below the 2hand WS frequency. In a Mighty Strikes zerg you should be in the 3 hit build with 100 DA range with capped attack and acc. DW just cant keep up with that.

For non fighters roll builds (which shouldnt happen during an SP zerg) These are the more common TP sets I use now.

ItemSet 375415

ItemSet 375308

IF you are just determined to do Decimation builds
ItemSet 367313ItemSet 367314
ItemSet 375198

I have a set for MS, Shadows up and shadows down.

If I am doing 2 war for a MS zerg, and light SC are okay. I do one with reso and one with upheaval.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-10-23 20:41:25
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 367271
This would probably be close to ideal for TP during blood rage Brazen Rush if you want to min max that much. Everything augmented with STP.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-24 00:08:46
Link | Citer | R

This is extremely helpful. Thank you! What are the acro hands augments?
 Shiva.Anoq
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-10-24 01:49:30
Link | Citer | R

STP for Ody legs aug on those sets?
First Page 2