What's Your Monitor Setup?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's your monitor setup?
What's your monitor setup?
First Page 2
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2020-07-24 07:25:58
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering what is everyone's experience with FFXI with multiple montiors? What is your preference? 1, 2, or 3+. Your resolutions? Widescreen? Ultrawide? Your playstyle, single, dual, triplebox+?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-24 07:31:16
Link | Citer | R

2 junk monitors. a traditional dimension 19", and a widescreen 22". I use the 19" for FFXI, the 2nd monitor for other purposes while playing...from just browsing or looking something up to watching HBO.

I can't work with a "windowed" version of the game, I need it visually to take up that monitor. Just feels infinitely smaller than it really is if not in fullscreen.

Sorry- forgot to mention I'm a single boxer.
 Lakshmi.Zutangdupes
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zutangdupes 2020-07-24 08:48:41
Link | Citer | R

I have two monitors. I play my main dude on 27" wide screen and my other dude on 24" wide screen. When i used to regularly play 4 characters I would keep my main dude on bigger screen max resolution then make the other three smaller res on second screen
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-07-24 09:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Ultrawide. Once you go 21:9, there's no going back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-07-24 09:06:39
Link | Citer | R

I usually triple box, but put all three character windows on my main screen, which is a 27" 1440p/144hz monitor (not that the refresh matters for FFXI). Each is using a 1920x1080 window.
I still just tend to use rudimentary //send commands or mouse/tab between windows, so I like having things close together like that.

That monitor is flanked by a couple 24" 1920x1200 monitors that I have other programs open on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-24 09:13:11
Link | Citer | R

2 monitors, single PoL/Character. 2nd monitor is for informational purposes (aka pulling up BG Wiki, Discord, or watching anime while mindlessly farming salvage or going through mules for their daily points/sells).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-24 09:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Two 27 inch 1440p monitors, first is running a game in borderless full screen, second is for discord / web browser and miscellaneous items. If I'm multi-boxing the extra characters are running in 1024x768 windowed on the second screen.
[+]
By kunami 2020-07-24 09:49:29
Link | Citer | R

I have 3 monitors, the main one is a 1440p ultrawide in the middle that always houses the game at full resolution. The two side monitors are 27" 1440p that house communications programs like discord or steam on the left and netflix/bg wiki on the right.

I play as a dualbox and keep my healer taru in a 1080p window that is either stacked on the main screen or off to the right.
 Asura.Yiviy
user: Yivi
By Asura.Yiviy 2020-07-24 09:56:54
Link | Citer | R

This is my current setup for 6 boxing. All 27" Asus 144hz, 1x 1440p panel(center) 3x 1080p panels (top, left, right). I typically keep the characters that require the most input on the center screen, which is generally the main DD, Rdm, Whm, Cor, and then the Brd and Geo sit off to the sides.

I'm considering dropping the top panel and converting one of the side panels to a 2160p. With a setup like this I could full screen my main character on the center panel and have the other 5 sitting on mini windows on the 4k display. Also 4 monitors is bulky as ***and the only time I take advantage of all 4 are when playing ffxi or path of exile, typically when playing any kind of competitive fps two of the current 1080p panels get disconnected to make sure we stay at 144+fps.

Desktop:

Physical: This was right after initial setup of the new rig, about a year ago. We've made some upgrades since but it's relativity the same currently. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but i'm proud of it!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zutangdupes
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zutangdupes 2020-07-24 10:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yiviy said: »
This is my current setup for 6 boxing. All 27" Asus 144hz, 1x 1440p panel(center) 3x 1080p panels (top, left, right). I typically keep the characters that require the most input on the center screen, which is generally the main DD, Rdm, Whm, Cor, and then the Brd and Geo sit off to the sides.

I'm considering dropping the top panel and converting one of the side panels to a 2160p. With a setup like this I could full screen my main character on the center panel and have the other 5 sitting on mini windows on the 4k display. Also 4 monitors is bulky as ***and the only time I take advantage of all 4 are when playing ffxi or path of exile, typically when playing any kind of competitive fps two of the current 1080p panels get disconnected to make sure we stay at 144+fps.

Desktop:

Physical: This was right after initial setup of the new rig, about a year ago. We've made some upgrades since but it's relativity the same currently. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but i'm proud of it!

i am fairly aroused by your setup lol
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-07-24 10:30:53
Link | Citer | R

some of yall tryna fly the space shuttle there
[+]
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2020-07-24 12:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Ultrawide only after experiencing the game in ultrawide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7MWT3JHzO4
 Sylph.Deathknight
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2020-07-24 13:23:37
Link | Citer | R

https://www.samsung.com/ca/monitors/c49rg9/

Game in the middle. Browser and other apps on the sides.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-24 13:27:07
Link | Citer | R

center is a PG279Q(2560x1440p 165fps)
2x PG278Q(2560x1440p 144fps) on either side

when i play xi, i tile 6 characters per monitor at 800x600 on center/right monitor and use left for visual studio, apps, browser, etc

overwatch or other games, i use windows 10 projection settings to only enable center monitor because i don't like the distraction of the others being on

right side is a cheapo 2560x1440 BenQ monitor, connected to 8 port kvm that leads to all my bot pcs in a rack in my utility room on other side of wall
[+]
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2020-07-24 13:40:02
Link | Citer | R

2 monitors, 1080p. 22" a benq and a hp, i picked up from facebook marketplace for 80 and 60 bucks used.
nvidia gtx 960 i bought for 60 bucks used. pc is a dell optiplex 9010, my whole setup is used off of marketplace lol.
dual monitor arm i got from walmart for 30.
"dual boxing" two characters.
i typically use the left screen for original character and right screen for alt. Depending on what i'm doing i drag folders or browser to appropriate screen.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-07-24 14:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Every battle station needs a proud dog portrait.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-24 15:20:06
Link | Citer | R

I play on a 65" flat screen TCL, use an HDMI cable to run the game on a laptop, so have a spare moniter next to my recliner, and the big screen in the living room.

I quad box, maybe this is as good a place as any to ask, does anyone know of a better way to switch between instances besides alt tab? I was hoping there was a way to map them to function keys, I.E pressing F1 swaps right to X character, F2 Y character, F3 Z character, alt tabbing is ok, until you have netflix, FFXIAH, and discord open also.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-24 15:44:11
Link | Citer | R

ffxiswitchmon is a common app, or use an autohotkey script:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47135/ffxi-switch-monitor
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-27 17:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Could you maybe point me in the right direction for how to set it up with function keys? Seems as though people are all using it to swap using controller buttons, and it's still a rotation of characters. Was hoping for a setup where if I press F1 it always pops to one specific instance.
By ryukin182 2020-07-27 18:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
ffxiswitchmon is a common app, or use an autohotkey script:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47135/ffxi-switch-monitor

Switchmon is bad imo, each time you start it, it cycles through the windows in a different order. If there is a way to set it up to cycle thruogh set characters i've yet to find it.

But the AutoHotKey, man that is a BLESSING. It switches between your characters the same every time because of how it's set up, and you can go forward and back, only downside is you need 2 AHK files running for it, but it doesn't eat up any resources.

Here is mine for a 6 box. https://file.io/JZDJrLrJQXBj

Just replace Name1 Name2 with your names at each instance, then change the "Joy8::" line to what you want your hotkey to be for cycling windows. I use a controller and Joy8 is the start button to cycle through each screen. And if nothing is selected, it'll pop to the first person on the list. If you really wanted too for each character you can just make its own file and just press set it to press F1 to make a certain character's window active. I'm sure you can compile it all into one file for the F keys but I'm too lazy.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-07-27 18:16:50
Link | Citer | R

I'll play, monitors off for obvious reasons
By ryukin182 2020-07-27 18:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Which monitor/lap top plays movies/tv shows non stop? Can't tell me you don't also do that
 Asura.Lirain
user: vadrek
By Asura.Lirain 2020-07-27 18:28:27
Link | Citer | R

ryukin182 said: »

This link is a 404 :)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-07-27 18:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Which monitor/lap top plays movies/tv shows non stop? Can't tell me you don't also do that
None, this is FFXI setup. I don’t have a lot of free time for movies and tv
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-27 18:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lirain said: »

This link is a 404 :)
>.<
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-27 19:03:19
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
vasna said: »
If anyone is interested i wrote a script that switches characters based on individual hotkeys for ahk.

#SingleInstance, Force
SetTitleMatchMode RegEx ;

XButton1::
WinActivate, Character
return
XButton2::
WinActivate, Character
return
WheelLeft::
WinActivate, Character
return
WheelRight::
WinActivate, Character
return

This works great, I changed it to:

#SingleInstance, Force

Alt & Left::
WinActivate, charcter1
return
Alt & Down::
WinActivate, character2
return
Alt & Right::
WinActivate, charcter3
return

So pressing alt & left activates character1, alt & down character 2 and alt & right activates character3. More precise and easy alt tabbing.

is this what I am after?
Code
#SingleInstance, Force

Alt & F1::
WinActivate, charcter1
return
Alt & F2::
WinActivate, character2
return
Alt & F3::
WinActivate, charcter3
return 

Do I need anything other than AutoHotKey?

edit: no joy, missing a step.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-27 19:58:05
Link | Citer | R

NVM the above works, don't forget admin haha
By RadialArcana 2020-07-28 02:29:38
Link | Citer | R

A powerful computer, 6 monitors, 2 laptops and a scuffed up old mouse mat. Buy a new mouse mat!
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-07-28 11:33:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Deathknight said: »
https://www.samsung.com/ca/monitors/c49rg9/

Game in the middle. Browser and other apps on the sides.
i play on same monitor ;)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-07-28 18:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Used to have a multiple screen setup but switched to this a few years back. It's a 43" 4k monitor, I play at 3840x1440 and use the top for browsers, discord, etc.
First Page 2