Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2020.07.06
Site Update 2020.07.06
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 18:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
UNMs also? lol, thanks for the hard work!

Is there really enough there to justify a subsection?

Creating a subsection isn't a big deal, but if there isn't going to be sufficient traffic in it, it's just a way for threads to get lost.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 18:36:25
Link | Citer | R

It's possible with Odyssey being upgraded, UNM topics could become a thing.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 18:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

I mean, y'all are the ones who play, so I trust your judgment on this, I just worry about having forty subsections with 4 topics each.

Get some upvotes on Draugo's post and it'll get done.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 19:27:43
Link | Citer | R

I think it's still too early, we are in stage 1 of Odyssey, anticipating 5 or so stages.
 Sylph.Theodren
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2020-07-07 19:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Rooks said: »
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Can I please check with you if the issue with augmented ranged weapons not being recognized by the site due to ID issue and not showing in the relics list on ffxiah character page is fixed? (I've regretted instantly augmenting my fomalhaut when I obtained it before it synced to my page)

This works for me in dev; I don't know why it's broken in production.

Still looking, sorry :\

I too have the same exact issue with Fomalhaut (that I rank 15'ed). Thanks for your hard work Rooks!

Same issue here. Augmented my fomal almost immediately after getting it, and it never did show up on my profile.

Appreciate all the hard work Rooks, the new Ambuscade section is awesome!
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 20:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

I mean, y'all are the ones who play, so I trust your judgment on this, I just worry about having forty subsections with 4 topics each.

Get some upvotes on Draugo's post and it'll get done.
I dont think they like me that much around here, something you do need, is when clicking an individual item's page, the AH category it's under, unless i may be blind?
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 20:34:45
Link | Citer | R

as far as the sub category thing, UNMs, a single thread can be created per NM that ppl can discuss.

Instead of 50+ random threads in generic NM section being a beach to try and find information about them.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 20:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
the AH category it's under, unless i may be blind?

The AH parser itself will do that for some items, but I can't fix it to do it for newer items.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-07 20:46:38
Link | Citer | R

UNM topics? I dont think Borealis Shadow and Specter Worm and Muut dont need their own threads. most UNM's are trivial in 2020
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-07-08 04:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Can I please check with you if the issue with augmented ranged weapons not being recognized by the site due to ID issue and not showing in the relics list on ffxiah character page is fixed? (I've regretted instantly augmenting my fomalhaut when I obtained it before it synced to my page)

This works for me in dev; I don't know why it's broken in production.

Still looking, sorry :\

No worries bro, many thanks for responding and the hard work, and many thanks in advance!
 Asura.Slacks
Serveur: Asura
user: bignig
By Asura.Slacks 2020-07-08 07:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Are there any plans to update the Nations Mission completion status since LS community blew up? I’m not sure the details of what all goes into it or if it’s even possible to pull the data from the GW client. ?‍♂️
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-08 07:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Slacks said: »
Are there any plans to update the Nations Mission completion status since LS community blew up? I’m not sure the details of what all goes into it or if it’s even possible to pull the data from the GW client. ?‍♂️

It involves a rewrite of the GW client, as the current version isn't viable to build or modify anymore. It's maybe 40% done?

Some of that I can do server side by checking titles, but the GW client needs to be remade for a host of reasons, so I really should just finish that.
[+]
 Asura.Slacks
user: bignig
By Asura.Slacks 2020-07-08 07:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the quick reply. I was just curious and didn’t know how much went into it, which I was pretty sure was a good bit. Thank you for all the work you put into this site :)
[+]
 Asura.Artoriusrex
Guildwork Premium
user: yangjie
By Asura.Artoriusrex 2020-07-08 14:00:46
Link | Citer | R

do you have a patreon account or something else that perhaps the community could make donations Scragg? Everyone appreciates what you do, so perhaps it would be nice to be able to 'incentivise' some of these harder but well needed updates!
Do you get any share of our GW premium monthly payments?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-08 14:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Artoriusrex said: »
do you have a patreon account or something else that perhaps the community could make donations Scragg? Everyone appreciates what you do, so perhaps it would be nice to be able to 'incentivise' some of these harder but well needed updates!
Do you get any share of our GW premium monthly payments?

All GW premium goes to Scragg/server costs now. GW and AH share infrastructure (we switched hosting providers around the start of this past year).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-07-08 16:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Slacks said: »

It involves a rewrite of the GW client, as the current version isn't viable to build or modify anymore. It's maybe 40% done?

Some of that I can do server side by checking titles, but the GW client needs to be remade for a host of reasons, so I really should just finish that.
May as well do it for v5.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-08 16:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
May as well do it for v5.

The GW plugin (both currently and the in-development future version) isn't built against a specific version of Windower; it's a separate process that a thin shim passes data to. This means that 1) I don't have to know or care about Windower's internals, and 2) it's easily ported to Ashita as well, since all they have to do is write a similar shim.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-08 17:35:27
Link | Citer | R

So if some of you Asurans were not aware, there is a player named "Whereisdi" that you can whisper with anything like just /tell whereisdi ? or /tell whereisdi . and they have a script that will reply to you where the most recent domain invasion news is.

The Unity chat is a total clusterfluff on a server like Asura and I don't see SE caring about it with the new Beginner/Returning chat. I 99% believe that they treat Asura differently because of the population and until they start caring about it... never mind. They will never care about it.

I do know that they are at least trying with some aspects, however, of the beginning game play. They have toyed with guides that you can access ingame via the menu (but I always forget where they are hidden and I know this game like the back of my hand so how the frick could a noob find them). They also have the Primed For Adventure streams they do so it's not like they don't see the need for a beginner friendly channel. Their best move on this will be that they are linking it with the Mentor program.

Not trying to derail and this could probably go in a different thread, but I wanted to pass along that Domain Invasion thing that people seem to still not know about.

Oh, and nothing really explains how SquareEnix feels about Asura more than this meme:

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 17:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Your analogy/picture lacks critical dollar signs / stacks of money instead of coffee?
By Uhahguru 2020-07-08 17:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone offer to run a WhereisDI on other servers? I'd be willing to do it on Siren, if they would let me or share the process or code.
By RadialArcana 2020-07-09 05:55:39
Link | Citer | R

The Politics and Religion section now has a global kill switch that locks the entire section.

The appeal of P&R is to have discussions about these subjects that are open to all, in reality it's purely one side vs the other and it's nothing but arguing and people trying to gotcha the other group and make out they are bad.

P&R is just "the argument" sketch by Monty Python, you go in there with good intentions and just end up falling into "NO IT ISNT!" "YES IT IS!". Even if someone makes a good point you agree with you often feel you have to argue against it because they are on the wrong side/

I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing it exists on FFXIAH at all. So many people have been banned or see others as enemies because of its existence, which is sad really.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-07-10 01:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Apologies for not mentioning this in my earlier posts, but I've just noticed, Rooks could you kindly move the FFXI HD Mods thread from the General section to the new Dat Modding section. Thank you very much in advance!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 08:43:12
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
P&R is just "the argument" sketch by Monty Python, you go in there with good intentions and just end up falling into "NO IT ISNT!" "YES IT IS!".
I would say it's more like Keystone Cops.

I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing it exists on FFXIAH at all. So many people have been banned or see others as enemies because of its existence, which is sad really.
I wouldn't say enemies per-say. Vic and I may get into arguments (I wouldn't even call them heated arguments), but I would still go out and have a drink with him. Just...not in Austin, because lolaustin.

San Marcos or New Braunfels, sure, and if he feels adventurous, he can also come to San Antonio. But Austin is a shitshow. I hate having to go there during the few times I need to go to the capital building.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-10 08:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Apologies for not mentioning this in my earlier posts, but I've just noticed, Rooks could you kindly move the FFXI HD Mods thread from the General section to the new Dat Modding section. Thank you very much in advance!

Done.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-11 09:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Please make this page https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/latest show thread colors just like the main page Latest Forum Topics section.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-07-13 02:42:40
Link | Citer | R

If it's not too much trouble can you move this

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54905/corsair-rolls-hd-dat-mods/

To the modding forum?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-07-13 05:27:49
Link | Citer | R

If it's not too much trouble can you move this

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54905/corsair-rolls-hd-dat-mods/

To the modding forum?
Done.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-16 21:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Rooks, the links work for stacks, but the prices seem to be for asura (?) and they are showing the quantity in stock for singles, not stacks.
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-16 23:02:20
Link | Citer | R

all item pages that have stacks sold on AH display "Stack Price [stack_price] ([stack_price] per)"
example: L.Jadeshell: Stack Price 35,000,000 (35,000,000 per)

https://www.ffxiah.com/rewards/ambuscade
https://www.ffxiah.com/rewards/plasm
& https://www.ffxiah.com/rewards/unity

These all default to singles price. Could the AH price on these rewards pages instead be an average price and weighted:
( Singles_Price * Singles_Sales_Rate + Stack_Price * Stack_Sales_Rate ) / ( Singles_Sales_Rate + Stack_Sales_Rate * Stack_Size )

effectively average out the prices between singles & stacks while weighting them by how often they sell?

Plutons for example:
Single Price= 10,000
Stack Price= 390,000
Single/Day= 0.716
Stack/Day= 33.158
Stack Size= 99
Formula= (b1*b3+b2*b4)/(b3+b4*b5)
average= 3,940.7

also, whenever you get around to redo'ing recipes. Could you use the same formula with an npc price as the ceiling when one is available?
[+]