users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Weapon Skill Cleave Baby Aeolian Edge
PLD Weapon Skill Cleave Baby Aeolian Edge
 Asura.Materdark
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2020-07-01 23:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Just would like to know where is the best place to farm for CP as PLD/RDM Cleaving with a dagger.

Set I have so far with a magic Attack buff
going 3500-4000K damage on 300TP

ItemSet 374148
Magic attack +10 hand
Magic attack +8 Legs
Magic attack +9 feet
I'm sure someone here has a better set than me

with this set, you can take out very tough mobs and easy prey.

To use item set go here please share https://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-07-02 00:18:32
Link | Citer | R

I love the energy in this post title.
Have you tried like Escha-Zitah w/ opo & big boy opos?
I dont even have PLD unlocked but could you potentially get WSD/mab on valorous gear? Or even Founders set from August in SR, I think that has MACC/MAB on it. Rings maybe Shiva +1?
By Vankathka 2020-07-02 01:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Like I get 2020 sucks but do we really need to go back to 2014 gearsets, lets not and say we didn't.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-07-02 02:18:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
ItemSet 333947
Carmine D path
V.Body: MAB+48 DM aug
Rudianos: INT/MACC/MDMG/WSD+
Augury Cuisses: R15

Alternatives
Body.
Sacro breastplate should be very close to my DM augment here.
Carmine body+1 D path should also be pretty up there.
Founder's with good aug, Not as good as the others, but still good.

Hands, Founder's is also a good alternative here.

Legs, really well aug'd Odyssean, or eschite cuisses, path.. D I think, is +25 MAB.

Feet I think the only other options in augmented Odyssean/valorous.

And I still need a pemphedro tathlum...

For daggers, you can use Levant until Malevolence. But Malev is way better despite levant's wind affinity.

I feel like I may be forgetting some of the older alternatives... Oh, and there's Orpheus' sash, but well... hah.

Here you go, something to work toward.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-02 03:38:16
Link | Citer | R

I tried a few cleaving on apex recently, i didnt find it impressive at all.

Even the idea of cleaving apex seems like unimpressive nowaday. Personally i think cleaving in reisenjima should net about the same JP, while you get way more experience and back when it mattered, spark/accolade.

I invested some time on this but i just gave up on the idea.

BTW, i also made a set "pre-cleaving" focused on shield block and convert dmg for tp with Arke, just because.

ItemSet 373674
By Pantafernando 2020-07-02 03:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Next "conceptual" attempt on apex mobs i will do, after i managed to grab a Daybreak, is to have a tank holding many mobs while a SCH gonna be helixing one by one as soon as the recast allow, and let them die by itself while tank pull more, resulting in mobs killed every time a recast allow.

But last i noticed, i think if you leave mobs alone for too long, even with helices, you earn exp. Dmg was super slow back then, gnnna see how faster luminihelix can be.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-07-02 07:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Next "conceptual" attempt on apex mobs i will do, after i managed to grab a Daybreak, is to have a tank holding many mobs while a SCH gonna be helixing one by one as soon as the recast allow, and let them die by itself while tank pull more, resulting in mobs killed every time a recast allow.

But last i noticed, i think if you leave mobs alone for too long, even with helices, you earn exp. Dmg was super slow back then, gnnna see how faster luminihelix can be.
Dunno if you're still talking about including PLD for the purpose of PLD JP in this idea, but if not, if you're gonna be bringing help, could just BLU burn. I used to go BLU/RDM, WHM/BLM, GEO/BLM. GEO Sleepga for hate > Entomb > Floe > WHM Sleepga > Anvil > GEO Sleepga etc.. I'd pull in the crab/bat area since both of them aggro. Stuff being afflicted by Malaise dies in like 4 or 5 casts, but because pulls can be large, some mobs will not be put onto the GEO's enmity list from Sleepga until other mobs die (or the GEO targets them directly, but since I was triple boxing I couldn't be assed to do that).
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2020-07-02 09:45:56
Link | Citer | R

This was back in 2016 when i did this Paladin PLD Cleaving 27-31 mobs
This can be done with very tough mobs also op 5 in rev place
By soralin 2020-07-23 18:13:41
Link | Citer | R

I have found cleaving just below Apex mobs to perform better overall, in terms of Jp/hour.

So Map 2 of the various Gate zones.

However.

I have found even better JP/Hour was just getting a shining one and Spamming Impulse Drives on Apex Bats, Skillchaining off Ayame.

Me (Pld/Sam) + Ayame + Ulmia + Kupipi + Koru Moru + Joachim

One skillchain would typically delete about half the bats HP, oftentimes totalling up to over 100k dmg.

Use an accuracy stewpot and it becomes easy mode, honestly.

Savage blade spam also is almost as good, slightly lower DPS but if you have an Ambu sword, it works great.

But, since cleaving serves many purposes, here is my set atm, but I think it can get a few upgrades akin to Martel's set.

Carmine gloves +1 for example look like a very solid upgrade, but I think Eschite Cuisses might work out to be better than R15 Augury.

ItemSet 374580
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-23 20:03:33
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
but I think Eschite Cuisses might work out to be better than R15 Augury.
How do you figure that?

Augury+1[R15]
dex+10
int+43
MAB+46

Eschite[D]
dex+0
int+25
MAB+25
Macc+23

Even if you were arguing for a higher MACC option, I think I'd try for macc elsewhere. Augury legs have high int, and a ton of MAB. Eschite are not winning this.

In terms of further upgrades, there's Cohort Cloak+1 now, Which at a glance is very likely going to best in head/body slot at R15, barring some truly ridiculous DM augs.

I think I went over most of the other options/upgrades in the post that w3as quoted a few posts up.
By soralin 2020-07-24 19:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Oh another new upgrade we can use (and is easy to get) is Sanctity Necklace. Matt+10 and Macc+10 on it is quite juicy, I think its our best necklace option.
By soralin 2020-07-24 20:32:57
Link | Citer | R

After reviewing new item options, I think something like this is close to the ideal set (with of course the option to +1 the belt if you feel like burning the gil for it)

ItemSet 374580

R15ing the Legs, Body, Ring, and Ammo will cost a pretty penny though, but I think this tier of gear may push you up high enough to be able to cleave Apex mobs reliably.

And as for the discussed above tanking set, I would go with this:

ItemSet 374597

Rudianos augmented with Block rate, HP, Meva or something like that.

Kaiser helm can be augmented with Shield Master +3 (+30 Tp/hit)

Might be also an option to consider instead Homiliary in the ammo slot for cleaving apex mobs, but honestly I dunno if its important, going /rdm and having access to Refresh, Convert, and getting refresh from Sakura, and being able to pop off Fealty if it gets really bad, I dunno if we care.

Kaiser helm though seems awesome, I think Im gonna grab that upgrade asap.

Arke gear wont be /super/ helpful except for giving us extra TP on the non blocks and on getting crit, right? I dunno how I feel about its lack of Meva, I think I would instead prefer to use Odin body and better Meva feet/legs... Sulevias perhaps?
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-07-24 21:03:10
Link | Citer | R

After reviewing new item options, I think something like this is close to the ideal set (with of course the option to +1 the belt if you feel like burning the gil for it)

ItemSet 374580

R15ing the Legs, Body, Ring, and Ammo will cost a pretty penny though, but I think this tier of gear may push you up high enough to be able to cleave Apex mobs reliably.

And as for the discussed above tanking set, I would go with this:

ItemSet 374597

Rudianos augmented with Block rate, HP, Meva or something like that.

Kaiser helm can be augmented with Shield Master +3 (+30 Tp/hit)

Might be also an option to consider instead Homiliary in the ammo slot for cleaving apex mobs, but honestly I dunno if its important, going /rdm and having access to Refresh, Convert, and getting refresh from Sakura, and being able to pop off Fealty if it gets really bad, I dunno if we care.

Kaiser helm though seems awesome, I think Im gonna grab that upgrade asap.

Arke gear wont be /super/ helpful except for giving us extra TP on the non blocks and on getting crit, right? I dunno how I feel about its lack of Meva, I think I would instead prefer to use Odin body and better Meva feet/legs... Sulevias perhaps?

Can use moonshade instead of crematio, orpheus's sash as waist and probably pemphredo tathlum is still better in the aeolian set. I think epaminondas's ring wins also. Baetyl pendant is another upgrade if not having Macc issues.

Edit:

Turns out I had an updated set made lol

ItemSet 374360
By soralin 2020-07-24 21:39:13
Link | Citer | R

What are you augmenting on Moonshade?

TP Bonus is typically not an upgrade since you will hit 3K TP very very quickly anyways, which makes TP Bonus lose value.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-07-25 00:44:22
Link | Citer | R

What are you augmenting on Moonshade?

TP Bonus is typically not an upgrade since you will hit 3K TP very very quickly anyways, which makes TP Bonus lose value.

You can just swap in something other than moonshade at higher TP values. This is pretty common practice.

Also typically spamming WS at lower TP is better value, so unless you're getting 3k TP before you're even done with the previous WS animation, I would say Moonshade would win pretty easily, especially given AE's FTP curve.
By soralin 2020-07-25 00:51:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
Also typically spamming WS at lower TP is better value, so unless you're getting 3k TP before you're even done with the previous WS animation, I would say Moonshade would win pretty easily, especially given AE's FTP curve.

Pretty close, yeah, when you have like 30 mobs.

I can see the value in it though at low TP for less target count.