RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-06-03 12:37:28
Link | Citer | R

How many real players are farming enough Sparks without botting for this potentially hurt them so badly? We don’t know the numbers yet but it’s not likely to be some super low max like three maxed out trades a week or something.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 12:45:02
Link | Citer | R

It really depends on the cap to determine how it hurts. 10+ mil? 5 or less? At current prices, how much do YOU think is fair or not, or effective or not. In reality, they should nerf it entirely if they wanted to go this route. Real players adapt, but are also irritated that yet again, *** RMT bots have ruined a decent way to make Gil.

That is the complaint. So half nerfing it is even more annoying because it doesn't do anything worth a ***. So all those bots still crammed in the same exact zones, business as usual, are still behaving like *** the nuisance they have always been.

All the while, the normal people just trying to make some gils for various goals, are now time gated even further based on a cap rate of making said gil.

And here is the best rub. RMT buy more copies of the game, and pay for more active subs over any given period of time. So SE gets to profit, RMT get to profit, all off of the players backs.

IT'S ***.

FYI, I'm still gonna play the game, so before the cliche crowd drops in, IDGAF I'm still going to PLAY the game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-03 12:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
The average person isn’t botting sparks and the way I’m reading it sounds like only botters are the ones seemed to really fear this so that would just be another boon.
Dunno how many times it has been said, this will do nothing to botters. This will have an effect on real players.

It does do something to botters. Just not a lot. It will cut to their bottom lines if they farm sparks.

Assuming SE doesn't make spark invalid, the sparks farmers are going to have to buy more characters to farm sparks. It doesn't cost a lot as 1 character is $1.

So if SE limit the sparks thing to 5mil spark a week then an account making 20mil spark will now need an extra 3 leveled mules for their troubles or $3 a month.

However, for average players? Not really. Unless SE hires an actual economist, they are just running in circles.
You dont need a leveled and geared mule though.

POLID 1 = main char that does the killing. This account doesnt leave the area, its constantly botting and killing
POLID 2 to 18 = 16 chars each. Max out sparks on char 1, log out and log char 2 in. rinse repeat.

You actually need to run the mules through ROV until Qufim access and buy a warp ring.

It's also very tedious to log out and log in multiple chars.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-03 12:49:30
Link | Citer | R

How many real players are farming enough Sparks without botting for this potentially hurt them so badly? We don’t know the numbers yet but it’s not likely to be some super low max like three maxed out trades a week or something.
I'm pretty sure a brand new sparks scrub can cap out 5-6 times in a 4 hour gain xp window.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 12:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Legit I think that, just gonna hoard up rema mats and ***and not even bother worrying about Gil at all tbh.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-03 12:55:27
Link | Citer | R

The average person isn’t botting sparks and the way I’m reading it sounds like only botters are the ones seemed to really fear this so that would just be another boon.
Dunno how many times it has been said, this will do nothing to botters. This will have an effect on real players.

It does do something to botters. Just not a lot. It will cut to their bottom lines if they farm sparks.

Assuming SE doesn't make spark invalid, the sparks farmers are going to have to buy more characters to farm sparks. It doesn't cost a lot as 1 character is $1.

So if SE limit the sparks thing to 5mil spark a week then an account making 20mil spark will now need an extra 3 leveled mules for their troubles or $3 a month.

However, for average players? Not really. Unless SE hires an actual economist, they are just running in circles.

POLID 1 = main char that does the killing. This account doesnt leave the area, its constantly botting and killing
POLID 2 to 18 = 16 chars each. Max out sparks on char 1, log out and log char 2 in. rinse repeat.

You actually need to run the mules through ROV until Qufim access and buy a warp ring.

RMTs dont need to do this. They can just buy a semi ready char and start from it. Someone else do all this investment and sell.

In the same place people are buying/selling gil they also sell those chars half made. As it was said, there is bots to run a char through missions. This bot exists solely because its being mass producted to sell.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-03 12:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Not difficult, at all.

1-Qufim access is VERY early RoV. The most tedious part is the pollen/dewdrops.
2-RMT bots dont even do their work in escha, I see most of them in Yahze/Ceizak/Cirdas
3-Warp Rings are also easy to get. Theyre a rank 1 item and cost 5000CP to get. Depending on the month, the first Deeds reward is 7x copper vouchers, turn those into CP and get a ring. Alternatively, death warp out.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 12:56:12
Link | Citer | R

A few questions I'd ask SE if they'd answer legit:

1. Is your intent to HOLD the economy in its current state, or make adjustments in one direction or another?

2. When such alterations are made, what is the process to make such decisions? Is this something that comes from the very top, or just a list of suggestions made by developers that are just implemented?

3. Obviously they have an idea of how they want their game world to operate, and between RMT and we players looking for shortcuts we muck up their plans. I'd love to know what THEY consider acceptable market values for high-volume sale items- give me YOUR ideas of ideal prices for: a stack of sublime sushi, a crocea mors, a jinxed doublet?

Partially because I'm just curious about what they have in their minds, partially because I want some kind of picture of their timeline.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 13:04:57
Link | Citer | R

That would be an incredible interview. Actually, now that you peaked my interest, I tried to get them to answer a question about sparks in the last AMA.

Quote:
FFXI question

to reseph sent 3 months ago

Well ***, I see you closed the thread. If you find a way to work in one more question, I would honestly very much love to know the answer.

If crour was such a problem, why are sparks still a thing even though they are a significantly larger problem. With a very easy solution to boot. Putting a daily cap on it wouldn't affect the new players that it exists for at all.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 13:10:42
Link | Citer | R

....its really fun when Draugo "likes" your post- its like you get a personal "OOOO!"
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 13:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Usually I'll throw down a + for something I agree with, so being upset that I agree what your statement, seems dunno, like you're insulting your self?

Didn't know I carried such negative weight around but whatevs.

Lord help you if you happen to + something I have said, yeesh.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 13:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Usually I'll throw down a + for something I agree with, so being upset that I agree what your statement, seems dunno, like you're insulting your self?

Didn't know I carried such negative weight around but whatevs.

Lord help you if you happen to + something I have said, yeesh.

oh no! I literally meant it as a funny compliment of how your avatar appears when in the "like" position vs in full form.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 13:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Ah IC.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-03 13:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Have capped copper vouches think should I use them on sparks before update?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 13:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Have capped copper vouches think should I use them on sparks before update?
Maybe half of them lol.

Save the rest for what ever flavor of the decade currency is next.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 13:27:12
Link | Citer | R

What is the cap on coppers? Jebus?

If it is like 30-40 mils worth, might be worth cashing out, but vouchers are very handy for other currencies too, so.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 13:32:13
Link | Citer | R

cap is 999 vouchers

26m ish

I would cash them out to zero, while they have other "uses" if you don't cash them now, you will never be able to cash them for sparks. You'll never use 1 million conquest points, or assault points, or imperial standing etc. Worth considering for Obsidian Fragments for ergon progress though.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-03 13:36:57
Link | Citer | R

Acheron Shield still best or is something with unity better?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 13:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Theres no unm item that sells for 100k per piece (10:1) Shields still optimal. (optimal = fastest)

(tolba shells sell for 100k but not 1.2m / stack)
By Mrxi 2020-06-03 13:41:14
Link | Citer | R

been dumping prize powder with accolades since it came out, i asked for it to stack to 99 on forums 4 years ago
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 13:41:23
Link | Citer | R

again to be abundantly clear for the math challenged:

acheron shields aren't some magical item worth MORE, they're just worth the MOST sparks in a single item, meaning FEWER to purchase, you're not making more than someone doing a different item.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-03 13:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Not difficult, at all.

1-Qufim access is VERY early RoV. The most tedious part is the pollen/dewdrops.
2-RMT bots dont even do their work in escha, I see most of them in Yahze/Ceizak/Cirdas
3-Warp Rings are also easy to get. Theyre a rank 1 item and cost 5000CP to get. Depending on the month, the first Deeds reward is 7x copper vouchers, turn those into CP and get a ring. Alternatively, death warp out.

nothing is difficult, just take more time. The more time it takes the less gil/hour you get.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-03 13:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Remember its tedious for you log in and out doesn't mean its tedious for them. Not saying point is wrong but whats tedious for you may not be for others.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-03 13:56:52
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
been dumping prize powder with accolades since it came out, i asked for it to stack to 99 on forums 4 years ago
Worth more then selling shields?
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-06-03 13:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Mrxi said: »
Worth more then selling shields?

Worth about the same. Shields come from sparks though
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 14:00:52
Link | Citer | R

ok, one last time:

ALL sparks and accolades item that sell to NPCs sell at the exact same point:gil ratio of 1 point:10 gil. So if something buys for 10 points, it sells for 100 gil. If something buys for 2755 points, it sells for 27.550 gil. Adjustments after this equation are made for the "fame bonus" of selling items in home cities where your fame affects it.

So its NEVER a question of "what's best to sell". Its only a question of "what's the fastest way to get rid of all these sparks/accolades and turn them into the gil that's absolutely identical no matter what I buy."
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-03 14:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Remember its tedious for you log in and out doesn't mean its tedious for them. Not saying point is wrong but whats tedious for you may not be for others.

POL is pretty old because it's on dial-up. If you have like 4-5 accounts you will start to feel the slow down unless you start using a fair bit of time skipping stuff. By the time you reach 15~17 accounts, even the time skipping addons would feel slow.

If it's annoying enough, they would be better off just selling JP bots, crafting bots or other bots.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-03 14:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Oh my bad I knew sparks were all the same thought maybe accolades was different
By Shichishito 2020-06-03 14:05:13
Link | Citer | R

couldn't they just stop gil distribution by keeping stock up server side for all the lower priced items RMT like to abuse for gil distributin?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17