Primed For Adventure 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Primed For Adventure 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Primed For Adventure 2: Electric Boogaloo.
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-19 14:56:39
Link | Citer | R

https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxi

Of course, you'll want to go to the most populated server, but cover the cancerous yell chat so people can't see what Asura players have to deal with constantly.

I know SE really hates how they can't make hand-holding new user guides/tutorials part of the UI (and they have tried in several ways if you dig deep enough or know which NPCs to talk to), but if the previous video only got 260 views over 2 months, this May 22nd thing isn't going to break any new ground in that department. It's too bad because games like these can be overwhelming if you havn't been around since early-on in the game's life.

I wish you luck and I know if the people involved read this, they likely have no hand in what work the JP director/producers want you to do for the English speaking audience.

Slap on some GM gear. Nuke some shield sphere bots or some JP farming accounts. That would get the buzz and views. Just a full-time GM that walks around nuking bots would probably get social media attention too to get those twitter views up. The botters don't hide and it's quite obvious. Fish in a barrel and all that.

Anyway, wall of text is a wall of text. Sorry.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-19 15:04:29
Link | Citer | R

The problem with Square is the users do a lot to make the game popular and they think the increase in players is because of the twitch stream.

So instead of supporting the creators that make content for the game they just keep doing this.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-19 15:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Real talk though: I would follow a sassy motion capture actress as a Shantotto streamer if she only spoke in rhymes and threw shade.
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-05-19 15:24:45
Link | Citer | R

That view count makes me a little sad. lol

People like Huntin4Games on youtube can clock a couple thousand views just having a chat about level sync but the official stuff can't get anywhere. :(
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-19 15:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy XI is older than the age group that primarily watches Twitch gaming streams from what I can tell. South Park literally had Kyle's little brother Ike and his kindergarten friends watching "Pewdiepie" content.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-19 16:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko
Nextgames
Cloudchief

etc etc

I wish they would stop using these damn FFXIV community members they have on staff to do this, they have no idea about the demographic for FFXI.
One of the reasons Warframe did well was because the developers embraced the youtuber creators who were covering the game.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-19 18:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Problem is, all of those use add-ons even if they attempt to hide it. Which is most people still involved in FFXI on youtube. I would imagine they want people on their payroll to do these type of things to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Honestly, probably nothing will get this game views unless they overhaul the graphics. People are vain and want to see modern games, not so much older ones. Either that or you have to somehow get the kiddies who bop from each game some youtubers do like Minecraft or Fortnite, then that will get people on this old thing. I'm honestly shocked, while happy, that people still produce content on those platforms for FFXI knowing that it will get like 1~5k views max. Just so much time and effort into these videos via editing and in-game stuff to only get a tiny amount of views and make you think why bother.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:40:27
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Ruaumoko
Nextgames
Cloudchief

etc etc

I wish they would stop using these damn FFXIV community members they have on staff to do this, they have no idea about the demographic for FFXI.
One of the reasons Warframe did well was because the developers embraced the youtuber creators who were covering the game.

At this point, it should be clear SE is collecting dust and didnt catch up with modern times.

Asking them to use modern media would demand them to review their methods.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-22 19:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Sp Sicycre and Okieeomi mentioned, at the end of the stream, that they wanted ideas or thoughts on what we would like to see focused on in the future. They also stated that these will be bi-monthly.

My hope or wish to see: Sunbreeze Festival minigames covered. I know that the Sunbreeze Festival starts towards the beginning of August and that's just a bit passed the "bi-monthly" two month period. It would be more like 2.25 ~ 2.5 months depending on how early SE plays it. Based on past version updates, it looks like it would start Monday August 10th.

Goldfish scooping! Fireworks! Mumor, Uka, and Ullegore!

I know cramming the Sunbreeze Festival into a 2 hour livestream would be a crunch, but at least goldfish scooping and maybe a bit of these 3 minigames (vets should remember them based on their descriptions):

Work on snagging the Swimsuits and Yukata, go out fish scooping, and then visit the 3 nations for a round of each of the city minigames. That sounds like about 2 hours of jumping around.

I dunno. I am just trying to be pro-active since the stream was more entertaining that I had expected.

Also... since I meme everything I get ahold of, this is for those of us that caught this little interaction.

PS: No, there was no yelling woman or spicy cat.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-05-22 20:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Part of their problem is it doesn't look like they're doing a dry run to make sure everything works cleanly.I know they're messing with flags on their RoEs so making sure they're unflagging properly to make sure they can complete their RoE would help a bit.

PS: There was spicy cat with that BSNM comment at the end. Burning Sicycre NM #Shotsfired
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-22 21:09:02
Link | Citer | R

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/628955513

1:50:58

A new White Mage has appeared! It's my cameo!
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-22 22:40:41
Link | Citer | R

It's funny, at one point I saw they were in Ambuscade and one asked "what percent is it!?" lol can you see percent on the regular game? Probably someone who used to or still plays the game, so that is cool. I was surprised it was as tame as was, people love to troll in those.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-22 23:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Slap on some GM gear. Nuke some shield sphere bots or some JP farming accounts. That would get the buzz and views. Just a full-time GM that walks around nuking bots would probably get social media attention too to get those twitter views up. The botters don't hide and it's quite obvious. Fish in a barrel and all that.
Yus.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-23 00:20:57
Link | Citer | R

I'd watch that streamed. GMDave it up, that'd be pretty dope tbh
[+]
By DPSKngWJlly 2020-05-23 00:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Gm dave/steve was best content this game seen n a long time...
[+]