users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Farsha Builds
Farsha Builds
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-28 14:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Hi all. Ive been looking around at the Farsha sets. Does anyone have experience with the relic hands? Is the fencer bonus worth it? This would be for mobs weak to magic and i would be spamming cloudsplitter with magic buffs/debuffs.

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-28 16:54:55
Link | Citer | R

IIRC I think Fencer+1 is only a +50 tp bonus. Magic Attack Odyssean would probably be best.If you can manage +30 Matk and WSDMG+4 they would serve you well on Cloud Splitters.

With Job Gifts, Traits, Blurred+1 and Moonshade I was already hitting a +1000 TP bonus when using Fencer.

My set might be a little out dated, I haven't really used CS in awhile.
Code
 sets.precast.WS['Cloudsplitter'] ={
        ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
    head={ name="Jumalik Helm", augments={'MND+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Magic burst dmg.+10%','"Refresh"+1',}},
    body={ name="Found. Breastplate", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+15','Attack+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
    hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'VIT+3','INT+4','Weapon skill damage +4%','Accuracy+18 Attack+18','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
    legs={ name="Eschite Cuisses", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','"Conserve MP"+6','"Fast Cast"+5',}},
    feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'VIT+1','Pet: Phys. dmg. taken -2%','"Treasure Hunter"+2','Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
    neck="Sanctity Necklace",
    waist="Orpheus's Sash",
    left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Arvina Ringlet +1",
    right_ring="Regal Ring",
    back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-07 12:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok i've done some updating.

ItemSet 372902

neck thoughts? and moonshade vs friomisi?

also looking at augury cuisses but unsure of how much the macc will change things on harder content.

Thanks in advance!
By SimonSes 2020-05-07 12:56:20
Link | Citer | R

This set has total of +72 EDIT: + ~100 (assuming 20 on cape and ~30 on legs augment) magic accuracy. To put that into perspective, r15 Leaden Cors have like +300.

I think you might have problem with resists on anything serious.

Generally speaking most of that gear will be far behind solid MAB Odyssean augments I think and those also comes with macc.

Sanctity neck, Odyssean feet/hands/head with 30mab/macc/WSD would be much better probably.
By malakef 2020-05-07 13:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you need lots and lots of MAB to make those types of WS work. It basically works like WSD but has the extra benefit of helping to overcome the targets MDB which is when the damage starts to take off. We had a guy do cloudsplitter recently in the magic damage party and he basically said wave three it took a nose dive which I’m sure is because of the higher MDB those possess.

So basically wave 1 and 2 you good and wave 3 boss you good but regular wave 3 it’s kind of bleh.

So all that said your set is basically all wrong except the body, moonshade, sash, and legs.
 Bahamut.Kwech
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2020-05-07 14:31:41
Link | Citer | R

That was me that took Farsha into W3 with Mala. Fencer build, DRG sub, Acumen/Malaise, FR+Sam's, R12 Farsha, BRD buffs were normal.

My Cloudsplitters were doing 30k+ occasionally but the damage wasn't consistent so I ended up swapping to Calamity/Mistral Axe with the occasional CS for aftermath and to continue to check on its output.

Considering this is the highest difficulty I've taken CS into, my conclusion was what SimonSes pointed out - there's not enough M.acc. I'd do 30k+ cs, then the next two are 7k. This was with Marine Stewpot fyi (we put together a magic buff pt).

Here's my set for comparison:
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Agoge Mask +3",
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','Enmity-1','Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments={'"Counter"+1','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','STR+4 DEX+4','Accuracy+14 Attack+14','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

I still need the body piece you listed, and the rings may not be optimal, but checkparam is showing 101 m.acc from gear.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-07 15:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks all. Gives me something to work on :P

Doing the odyssean is the easy part. I made this thing r15 so I can see what sort of potential we can get out of it!
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-05-26 07:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kwech said: »
That was me that took Farsha into W3 with Mala. Fencer build, DRG sub, Acumen/Malaise, FR+Sam's, R12 Farsha, BRD buffs were normal.

My Cloudsplitters were doing 30k+ occasionally but the damage wasn't consistent so I ended up swapping to Calamity/Mistral Axe with the occasional CS for aftermath and to continue to check on its output.

Considering this is the highest difficulty I've taken CS into, my conclusion was what SimonSes pointed out - there's not enough M.acc. I'd do 30k+ cs, then the next two are 7k. This was with Marine Stewpot fyi (we put together a magic buff pt).

Here's my set for comparison:
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Agoge Mask +3",
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','Enmity-1','Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments={'"Counter"+1','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','STR+4 DEX+4','Accuracy+14 Attack+14','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

I still need the body piece you listed, and the rings may not be optimal, but checkparam is showing 101 m.acc from gear.

How is your damage riding am3 and using calamity/mistral in a physical set up? Competitive with great axe and other top tier dd? I know dynamis isn’t really the best place to compare for various reasons, so not necessarily in that situation only, but overall? Love fencer and dw builds and tempted by farsha..
 Cerberus.Blackpain
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2020-06-20 18:47:05
Link | Citer | R

I’m a returning player after a six year hiatus. So am seeing Farsha is a good choice for WAR? How does it compare with the 2H weapons?
 Bahamut.Kwech
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2020-06-20 20:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Bahamut.Kwech said: »

How is your damage riding am3 and using calamity/mistral in a physical set up? Competitive with great axe and other top tier dd? I know dynamis isn’t really the best place to compare for various reasons, so not necessarily in that situation only, but overall? Love fencer and dw builds and tempted by farsha..

Hey just noticed your reply Flowen, some tidbits of info since my last post based on my experience:

In dyna I can consistently do very well with Naegling fencer build. With Farsha, suddenly my wsavg goes down with the same gear setup (duh, OP savage blade). To make up for that you have to take a dps loss building to 3k and then popping off a unbuffed ws ~ CS ~ for aftermath. Which is very nice on your white damage for sure, but then you factor in time between pulls ticking down said aftermath, and all of a sudden you're just wasting time.

It's quite a few hurdles that can be mitigated by perfectly timing your CS early in a pack of mobs, but ultimately leads to issues that make it worse than Naegling.

That said, I find Calamity/Mistral to be fantastic interchangeable 30-40k ws's with more sc options than Naegling/Savage Blade. Likely putting it ahead during content where you have 1 other person and skill chains are happening.

Is it competitive with 2H builds? Not in the same way sword is, sadly. But since this is a Farsha thread, I'd like to add that man this thing is sick looking.
[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-20 22:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 Sirris shows up crying about BST because he sucks at it
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-06 12:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blackpain said: »
I’m a returning player after a six year hiatus. So am seeing Farsha is a good choice for WAR? How does it compare with the 2H weapons?

Another direction you could go with Farsha build is focus on white damage and use Mistral Axe. You'd probably use a set like Simon's here:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/171/#3504199

But instead of Ukon/Utu you'd use Farsha/Blurred Shield +1. 201 base damage + 50 STR at R15 isn't too shabby.

Fenrir.Puciato said: »
Inb4 Sirris shows up crying about BST because he sucks at it

Sir, this is a Warrior thr- I mean, a Wendy's.