Reinforcement Points Question

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Reinforcement Points question
Reinforcement Points question
By Hecky 2020-04-01 16:39:51
Link | Citer | R

I returned to the game a few months ago and will only be able to play casualy. Being on the EU timezone also limits things alot. But i may be abe to join a group farming dyna-d 1-2 times a week. This time around i dont wanna get totally manic about the game and neglect real life completely.
Befor i quit the last time i got my Trishula which id love to agument. But after reaing up on it thats a project i dont know if i will be able to manage at the time being. I do however wanna try for a JSE neck. But for it to be really worth it i feel i need to aim for a +2. Just the gil for the item itself gonna take time to save up. But what im wondering is if its realistic to augmant it on a casual playplan? Id mainly aim to get points in dyna-d, and buy items on the side when i can.

I guess what im wondering is how long it would take, assuming we mainly did wave 1-2? Are we looking at a few months or are we talking about sometime next year?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-04-01 17:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Welcome back to the game! The time it takes to fully RP a +2 neck heavily depends on how large and good you Dyna-D group is but supposing yours can at least clear full wave 1 and halfway through wave 2, I'd say you are looking at 5-6 runs (3 weeks supposing 2 runs/week) total to get R25. This of course is really a ballpark as I have no idea on how many people and how well geared/organized they are but we are still talking about weeks rather than months.

I'd also start to farm and deposit JP to unlock the Trishula RP upgrade (link) as it's pretty slow (700/week and you need 10k) but require little effort and R15 Trishula is a beast. It's gonna take almost 4 months this way which sucks but it also gives you time to do Omen and farm the Astrals so that in 4 months you can have the R15 Trishula basically for free.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-01 18:17:47
Link | Citer | R

If you're doing Dyna D 1 or 2 times a week, I'd expect your group to be able to clear the wave 3 bosses eventually, assuming it's not a low-number group.

If they already have experience in Dyna, then you're more likely to get the clear in less time than the 4 month JP grind. Especially considering your point about not wanting to spend a lot of time online.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-04-01 19:02:22
Link | Citer | R

If your group can handle wave 3, go that route by any means, even if it takes 3-4 runs to do enough dmg to final boss you are still saving a ton of time. Wave 3 is sensibly harder than wave 1/2 and gives little incentive outside of RMEA unlocks so most groups won't bother. Pick you poison between that and the long JP wait option