Corsair K95 G-key Binding

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Corsair K95 G-key binding
Corsair K95 G-key binding
By Kazaki 2020-03-18 11:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

I couldn't seem to find this issue by searching the forums. Thanks for your patience.

Does anyone know how to bind the G keys of a Corsair K95 keyboard? I'd like to assign things to them using the init file but I have no idea what they would likely be called.

By Meeble 2020-03-18 12:18:52
Link | Citer | R

1. Assign a long and unused key-combo to each G-key in the Corsair software. Ctrl-Win-Shift-Alt-F12, for example.
2. Add [ bind ^!@~F12 <thing you want to do> ] to your init.txt or somewhere it will load for your character.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-18 12:59:30
Link | Citer | R

With my keyboard you leave the keys blank in the Logitech software, then bind them using binder plug in, not sure if your KB is supported with that.

From there you can bind it several way, one being the init. Another is to call a script, that way you can have a few different setups for your keys, or you can bind them in you job luas also.

For my KB it's alias g510_m1g1 exec yada.txt or you can do alias g510_m1g1 input /ja yada yada

You will need to check the binder help info @ windower to find your exact formatting and if that KB is supported.

You will need the binder plugin to alias those keys though. The stuff the guy above is talking about is for normal KBs function keys, which you can also do for even more fun buttons.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-18 13:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Your KB may be like:

k95_g1

So if you make a .txt for say your job is mnk you can do

In your scripts make a mnk folder

Then do a war.txt in that folder
So now your script will be //exec mnk/war.txt (for mnk/war ya see)
So when you change to mnk/war you would type the above and boom aliased, can setup several subjobs or main jobs that way.

Inside that txt do

alias k95_g1 exec mnk/chakra.txt
alias k95_g2 exec mnk/boost.txt
alias k95_g3 exec mnk/ragingfist.txt
alias k95_g4 input /ja "Provoke" <stnpc>

Etc.

Can alias them the same in your init.txt but they won't be job specific.

If you do them in your lua you can skip the .txt part. And they will alias automatically when job changing, instead of the //exec mnk/war.txt example I made above. There I am sure also is a way to get the lua to recognize what subjobs you are using also to alias different commands, but idk that much about how to do that yet.

I am just not sure exactly what the formatting for that specific KB would be.

I hope all that makes sense lol.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-18 13:29:46
Link | Citer | R

https://docs.windower.net/plugins/binder/

It looks like the binder plugin is not supporting your KB, so I see meebles method a little clearer now, which should work, for you, just kind of a confusing work around, using the actual Logitech software instead.

You might try harassing the original plugin developer into expanding the supported devices, seems like many years back I contacted him about some features and he seemed nice enough with a response. (I wanted him to add alt/shift/Ctrl expansions to the keys, I don't think he ever got around to it though)

Not sure if he is still active, or if he is the current guy that made the latest binder updates but:

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Arcon
By Meeble 2020-03-18 15:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Having binder support would be ideal, but the method I shared above is keyboard-agnostic and will work with any keyboard.

The only potential issue is accidentally picking a keyboard combination already in use by the OS or some other plugin/addon you have loaded. Generally speaking, a finger-contorting combination of multiple mod keys and the F-row is a safe bet. Complexity doesn't matter, because the software remembers for you, and you won't ever have to press those keys yourself.
[+]
By Kazaki 2020-03-19 07:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Draugo and Meeble. Looks like binder doesn't have support unfortunately. I'll try the crazy-combo binds, that sounds like it might work. Appreciate the responses!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [663 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-01-11 01:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Was wondering if anyone came up with or discovered a different solution to this problem of keyboards with macro keys not supported in Binder.

Looking at the https://docs.windower.net/commands/keymapping/ list of keys supported there's a lot of keys you're not likely to find on most keyboards, but I don't know how I can map these keys in Corsair's software (what I have) or Logitech's software (what I have for my mouse) since those softwares don't simply let you pick from a list of all known legitimate keys that could be put on a keyboard.

Reason it would be nice to do this is I could map the physical key G1 to just the "mail" key which this keyboard normally doesn't have and do similar with other keys for G2 through G5. In Windower I could then simply add binds to those supported keys to run a G1 alias instead of using some exotic key combination and perhaps add a little extra functionality to the keyboard itself at the same time instead of an exotic key combo that normally doesn't do anything.

Just wondering if anyone happens to know how that could be done on Corsair or Logitech devices or others for that matter. Perhaps some 3rd party software that can edit macros on these devices, but I haven't found any. Thanks for any info.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [227 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-08-25 20:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone gotten this to work on a Corsair keyboard's macro keys reliably, if so what key combination are you using?

Kind of gave up on this for a long while til today. Couldn't find any way to put uncommon key scan codes onto the G-keys, at least it seems impossible using the Corsair software.

Decided to try the key combination theory today, but it is so unreliable it does not seem practical.

Even with a simple 2 key combo like CTRL and F1 which works in game just fine if you do it manually, but if you have the keyboard macro it seems to fire so quickly windower doesn't recognize it properly with any reliability.