Link | Citer | R

No. Not worth it to come here for DI points. Stay in your ***server
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-23 10:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Why are people xferring for DI? Even fenrir, which has a very small population, is beating this dragon now.
By fonewear 2020-02-23 10:19:42
Link | Citer | R

This is the end game content we all waited for. A long pointless fight for very little reward.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-23 10:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Why are people xferring for DI? Even fenrir, which has a very small population, is beating this dragon now.
Have we beaten it besides the one yesterday? When I see it spawn during JP primetime and they start shouting, it either wipes the zone and people leave, or they time it out around 40-50%
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-23 10:32:09
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
This is the end game content we all waited for. A long pointless fight for very little reward.

This right here^
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-02-23 11:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Timed out at 21% on Bahamut about 10 minutes ago.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-02-23 12:09:32
Link | Citer | R

I looked through a couple of the posted Mireu videos on Youtube and I'm not seeing them get terrorized, is there some way to stop him from using it? Or a way to evade it outside of just pumping up MEVA since that hasn't seemed to work for us?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-23 12:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Timed out at 21% on Bahamut about 10 minutes ago.

139 people in the zone, the main issue is people soloing with trusts. Literally half the people there could not see it due to 100s of trusts clogging everything up.

On one of the dragons yesterday we had maybe 65 people, and it died in 30mins.

So if you wanna kill this for w/e reason, party/ally up. If you don't have an active linkshell, friends or alts who play support, get 3 random DDs in a party and call a WHM COR and BRD or some ***.

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I looked through a couple of the posted Mireu videos on Youtube and I'm not seeing them get terrorized, is there some way to stop him from using it? Or a way to evade it outside of just pumping up MEVA since that hasn't seemed to work for us?

If i'm ever there on PLD, Founder's feet/Sagasinger. other than that, idk. Addle probably helps and stacking Meva.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-23 12:44:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Addle probably helps and stacking Meva.

Im not sure if that will help much. I was constantly being terrorized even up to 50 sec on my RNG with 5/5 Malignance. I didnt have barstone tho, so maybe if you really stack bar + 5/5 Mali + maybe carols, then you will start seeing resists, but most likely not full resist too, but some partial resists.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-02-23 13:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Mireu uses Imposing Visage.ArkEV is terrorized.
Selh'teus evades.
Qultada is terrorized.
Qultada is terrorized.
Sylvie evades.
Selh'teus is terrorized.
MihliAliapoh evades.
Ulmia evades.
Sylvie evades.
ArkEV evades.
Ygnas evades.
KingOfHearts evades.
Qultada is terrorized.
Kupipi evades.
KingOfHearts evades.

A gaze attack?
By malakef 2020-02-23 13:36:17
Link | Citer | R

I think the terror is either random who it hits or more likely has a cap of people it hits and you can get lucky and never see it. We had our WHM get hit with a 50 second terror while everyone else just flat resisted or something and we was standing on top of each other but honestly I didn’t see a resist message so I don’t think I was even targeted somehow.

Half the time I don’t see the dragon either but F8 still works and it will show up so I can engage it.

Also, and this was a rough one, but yesterday morning about 9am eastern we killed it with 313 in zone and I was still able to target it but my god the lag. We did win but it was a mess.
By Aerix 2020-02-25 09:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva just got its (presumably) first Mireu kill at 0:48 JST with 27 mins time remaining.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-25 09:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Shiva just got its (presumably) first Mireu kill at 0:48 JST with 27 mins time remaining.

I waltzed in at around 15%... looks like JPs did all the work. About 100 ppl in zone.

Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-02-25 10:16:04
Link | Citer | R

I think we got the first kill on Rag this past Saturday (not sure though):

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Aerix 2020-02-25 10:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Aerix said: »

I waltzed in at around 15%... looks like JPs did all the work. About 100 ppl in zone.

Yeah, they definitely did the lion's share. I feel bad for the people who just instantly warped the moment Mireu showed up, though.
By Aquapenguin 2020-02-25 10:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Just died on Bismark. Took 135 people but we killed it with 30 minutes left.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-25 10:45:13
Link | Citer | R

You guys should stop beating Mireu otherwise dev will think they are fine as they are
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-03 19:25:36
Link | Citer | R

So I got the epeen title at JPmidnight today, and thought I should share a couple things I noticed.

• He seems to go through cycles of undispellable spikes. (I don't think Siren ever managed to dispel them, might just be a random wind resistance. But they dropped after a time, so maybe it proc'd. Not like there's a message for it.) Flame, Ice, and Dread.

• At <50% HP, he'll occasionally do a message about how he's weakened and for a very short time will take normal damage, comparable to the other three dragons. No idea what caused this, I had all the filters on and all the animations off, I highly recommend doing that. My computer is high end and it was like using my phone as a hotspot from all the people.

• When he was down to just a sliver, like <2% or so. A similar message would crop up where he would "refuse to give in"... didn't look like a short invincibility? It was hard to tell. Might have been a heal, but with his HP so high, it's really hard to tell; but if it was a cure, it wasn't for a "huge" amount.

Odin is a JP heavy server, and I went when I saw one of them shouting for helping with it; so either do that on your JP heavy server, or start doing a shout ENG ppl.
We got him dead with ~5min left on the timer.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-04 09:36:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir just killed it's second (that I know of). It spawned just before JP midnight, and we downed it with around 120 (I last checked around 50%), with 25 minutes left.

I saw all the same behaviors, with an addition of along the lines of "Mireu returns to normal", I only saw it once it chat some time after a vulnerable message, but it only appeared once out of the two vulnerables around 20%.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-03-04 10:44:00
Link | Citer | R

We've killed it 3 (or more?) times now. I'd say best bet for anyone wanting to do this for title is just to pray it pops within 10 mins before or 20 mins after JP midnight. So long as your server has a decent JP population with idk 80+ showing up it should die. Trusts like Uka (quicksteps for evasion down) and ShikareeZ (full potency(?) ancient circles) can be helpful I find. Can just resummon Shika every 3 mins to keep circle on everyone full time.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-03-04 10:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Seems that way. The kill I know of/was at for Leviathan was right around JP Midnight this past Sunday, and far as I could tell was largely the effort of JP players. Plenty more of us could have helped, had we actually been able to target him, but the model never loaded.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 19:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Yoji_Fujito;625021 said:
Thank you all for your feedback.

In content where a large group of players work together, the total amount of damage dealt by players tend to scale tremendously with each participating player. Notorious Monsters are adjusted to be on the stronger side with this in mind; however, this time there were some limitations caused by system-related bottlenecks, which resulted in over-tuning the monster.

After receiving your feedback, we’ve decided to make improvements in the next version update through several fixes and adjustments, which we’ll briefly summarize here.

▼ Adjustment Upon Entering the Battle Area
Displaying Content Level Beforehand
Up until now, it wasn’t possible to tell if Mireu had spawned or if it was another Notorious Monster. By displaying the content level beforehand, you’ll be able to tell whether the Notorious Monster that’s currently spawned is Mireu or not before moving to the battle area.

Addition of New Status: Battle Preparation Period
After moving to the battle area, for a certain amount of time you’ll receive a buff where you won’t receive any damage as long as you don’t gain enmity or manually remove the buff. When the buff disappears, you’ll be considered as participating in Domain Invasion. On the other hand, you won’t receive Domain Invasion Points if you enter the battle area and the battle ends before your buff has disappeared.

▼ Adjustments to Mireu
Greatly Lowering Spawn Rate of Mireu
Mireu currently spawns as frequently as once per day and will be adjusted to appear far less often.

Adjustments to Rewards
In addition to the current rewards, you’ll be able to receive bonus Domain Invasion Points by defeating Mireu. These bonus Domain Invasion Points will be added regardless of your daily limit.

Furthermore, by repeatedly defeating Mireu, the amount of Domain Invasion Points that can be earned from regular Domain Invasions will increase, and in the final reward your daily limit will be slightly increased. The increased Domain Invasion Point gain and daily limit will reset when Mireu isn’t defeated consecutively; however, this bonus is shared across all players in that world.

Parameter Adjustments
We’ll be lowering the evasion and magic evasion of Notorious Monsters, making them easier to hit. Additionally, bonus accuracy will be added to the Awakening status.

▼ Adjustments to all Notorious Monsters
Adjustments to Monsters Not Being Displayed
We’ll be addressing an issue where players are unable to gain enmity on an enemy due to the Notorious Monsters not being displayed. Although their display priority was already increased, internally there are some cases where characters are prioritized, so we’ll be making adjustments to address this.

The above adjustments and fixes will be implemented simultaneously.

Points for Mireu go beyond daily cap, and increase daily cap if killed. No change to Mireu itself, just more reason to bother. (lowered eavsion but still a hundred fitty *** million hp)

I still ain't interested, but knock yourselves out, gonna need them wyrm ashes.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-03-04 20:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
You guys should stop beating Mireu otherwise dev will think they are fine as they are

Ever since it started spawning on me randomly during the time I could do DI, I stopped doing DI all together. Great job devs, another winner
By malakef 2020-03-04 20:05:26
Link | Citer | R

If they are weakening him (good start) and allowing for more than the daily cap (looking promising) why would they make him spawn less now (wtf point of him now)? It seemed like he would spawn on average once every 20 to 30 spawns although that’s just a rough average. I don’t think that was super high especially given he will be weaker.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-04 20:44:19
Link | Citer | R

I really don't know how to feel about this. I feel like it does confirm my suspicions that Mireu was created with the single objective to stop botting (pretty sure that failed miserably), and now they're trying another way. The DI buff is completely stupid and isn't needed, and I'm sure it will be easy to script clear that and have nothing change. If you happen to lag behind during the rush hours, and don't clear it fast enough as the wyrms are dying, guess what, you just lost your 20 points for that fight.

I feel like the daily limit thing is just a slap in the face. Unless it's severely weakened, how are low population servers suppose to kill it when it pops during the hours no one is really on? That's like dangling a carrot on a stick for a pig.

I was hoping this would be a good update, I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up for it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 20:56:47
Link | Citer | R

The extra rewards seems fine to me.

At first i loled when they said mireu was suposed to pop once a day and now they would even reduce that. So, why even keep the mob there?

Now if it pops like once every 2 or 3 days, gonna see japaneses complaining to non jp players (and vice versa) for not keeping the chain.

Reducing its evasion should be fix its difficult. It we can hit it with minor buffs, we just need to throw bodies on it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 20:58:57
Link | Citer | R

That line about "should pop about once per day" is clearly wrong. Damn thing pops 5-6 times a day. If they meant it will be adjusted to once per day that makes more sense.

There's potential for a lot of point generation depending how they change it, problem is (right now) points aren't worth anything. That'll change when wyrm ash is added as an item for more than the 4 crafted items.

With that said, that doesn't make anyone care about KILLING it, only reaping the free rewards after the suckers kill it. You simps can go ahead and kill the mob, and then a thousand bots will get double DI points, sounds great lol. You literally screw yourself by making it easier for more people to collect ashes.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-04 21:01:42
Link | Citer | R

I took it to mean they are making it once per day, which as Pantafernado said, is likely to cause friction when the chain is dropped, assuming the gains for it are worthwhile (Probably won't be, so nothing of value will be lost.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-04 21:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
The extra rewards seems fine to me.

At first i loled when they said mireu was suposed to pop once a day and now they would even reduce that. So, why even keep the mob there?

Now if it pops like once every 2 or 3 days, gonna see japaneses complaining to non jp players (and vice versa) for not keeping the chain.

Reducing its evasion should be fix its difficult. It we can hit it with minor buffs, we just need to throw bodies on it.

Yeah, or add a lot more acc onto the DI specific gear. If you cant hit it with trust buffs + food with DI gear, then i dont see the point. You arent going to get more than trust buffs in this thing, and the DI gear should be what is used to fight him, else why does it exist?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26