Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 14:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I only said it was not worth the effort to go after a title. Goddamn I never said anything about what you just rattled off. I wasn't telling anyone they don't belong.....

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point was that we have proof Mireu can be killed with a dedicated effort from a coordinated group of individuals, and that in this case "less is more". The more people you throw at it, the harder it becomes. This is especially true when you have AFK'ers. In practice you won't have a coordinated effort though, you'll just have a haphazard mess. Coordinating a couple hundred people when most have no connection to one another is impossible. So killing this thing is an unneccesary headache.
If the rewards were worth something people would make an effort.
By Nariont 2020-02-13 14:05:17
Link | Citer | R

better hope they add some rewards then

as is this is like a old 75 campaign battle that keeps adding more waves and doesnt end, cept you cant leave and get some partial credit, and you cant go to another zone that might end its fights quicker, just gotta sit there and wiat it out or decide to accept the wasted time and come back later
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-13 14:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Seems logical that SE would do this.

1. Players complain that DI is now riddled with bots and there's no substantial reason for seasoned players to do it any more...while at the same time the lack of those seasoned players makes the content harder for newer players by a process of absence.

2. SE changes DI, introducing a new points system and new rewards that are attractive to those seasoned players. But clearly not playing their own game, SE attempts to make the new DI a more egalitarian experience, granting everyone present DI points- which only encourages at the least AFK'ing and at the worst Botting.

3. On top of this, due to increased interest from the new gear, people complain that the content is mindless and merely a daily task.

4. SE responds the only way they know how, falling back on old models that worked in an 18 man situation but fail horribly in a 100 man situation- HP scaling based on those in the encounter and heavy damage AoE moves.

Problem being those people that were AFK'ing or botting still are, vastly increasing the HP beyond active players. In addition, there is a trained population of newer players who learned on Quetzacoatl in Reisenjima that you stand behind the dragon so it wakes you up via a manageable Spike Flail. But with the scaling, that Spike Flail becomes lethal to everyone, whether they followed the Dragon's "rules" or not. This is a problem that will never be fixed by following mechanics because there will ALWAYS be players who treat this like a single player console game and don't read forums, don't listen to advice, and think "well, I don't want to be near that nasty dragon's mouth! Look at all those teeth!"

SE responded to our complaints, but the more they do the more it seems they don't understand their own game any more. I used to think that SE had a desire to see the game played "Their Way"- things like OG AV made me think that. Nowadays, its just clear they are adding content that's supposed to be more difficult, but they only "accomplish" this via scaling up content rather than thinking of new ideas.
By Crossbones 2020-02-13 14:28:20
Link | Citer | R

They don't play their own game and probably haven't for years idk how many times this needs to be said. The only reason this game is still played isn't because of SE but it's because other players make tools that make this game enjoyable. If windower didn't exist like ten people on macs would play this and that's it.

DI is 14s tomestones, that's literally what it is. You do them to reach your cap then do other ***. It's not supposed to be enjoyable or thought provoking content, it's a means to an end. The more they try to pick at their self inflicted wound the worse its going to be. Being empty content that's filled with bots but you can finish it in 20 minutes is best case scenario. No one is gonna want to bring a full optimal alliance for this (especially since sings and rolls are not gonna be consistent, gj there morons), this isn't wave 3 dyna and no one wants this to be wave 3 dyna, they just wanna get their points and eat their sandwiches.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 14:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
I agree with the "less is more". For Asura Mireu will probably never be killed. 170+ dumb *** with trusts, spike flailing it instantly over and over just isn't going to be something that can be coordinated...
When the new dragon appears it phases everyone out of the fight thus you need a new seal to join but show it like lvl145 and not 119.
By Nariont 2020-02-13 14:40:40
Link | Citer | R

And this would stop people entering anyway how?
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 14:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
And this would stop people entering anyway how?
I never said it would stop them but might deter some...ya I know that is extremely unlikely but stranger things have happened.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 14:42:34
Link | Citer | R

It just needs to be it's own pop, somewhere else. If you WANT to fight it, you can. Take it out of the cycle.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 14:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It just needs to be it's own pop, somewhere else. If you WANT to fight it, you can. Take it out of the cycle.

Agreed
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-13 14:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm.. would horrid roar dispel brew?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 15:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Hmmm.. would horrid roar dispel brew?

Go try!

Note; Even though you have the absolute max int and mnd, you can STILL be charmed, and deathed etc, so dispel could land, can it dispel a brew though, that I don't know.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 15:06:07
Link | Citer | R

They would probably create a preventative measure to remove brew the moment you pop it. the same way alexander htbf responds to heavy buffs/damage with just dispel everything. They do little sucker stuff like that

remember when people finally beat AV with Kclub DRKs and they came out of nowhere with this whole "Resistant to SEBW" ***?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 15:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Brew isn't going to matter. It has, by conservative estimates, 100-150m hp in best case scenario on small servers. If you get all ~33 brew ws off at 99k a pop you've done less than 3%. Probably not even 1% on Asura.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 15:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Holy ***one hundred million lol? the ***?

I said it before, but that's some crackhead ***.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 15:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Holy ***one hundred million lol? the ***?

It's pretty hard to get an exact number given it likely HP scales, but when I screwed with it yesterday we were doing a bit over a million damage per 1% tick with only 20ish people there(probably 35 at start, if it doesn't ever readjust). If it directly scales, that means those 100 people dragons on asura have over half a billion.
 Bahamut.Aldy
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2020-02-13 15:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Had 5 real people fighting him just now on Baha and we STILL couldn't stop the flails. Had one random dude on WAR just constantly fighting from not the feet and wiping me and a friend trying to at least play around with him with proper buffs + debuffs and strong gear.

Tried sending him a tell but in all honesty, how are we supposed to contend with something as simple but facepalming as people behaving like this?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 15:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aldy said: »
but in all honesty, how are we supposed to contend with something as simple but facepalming as people behaving like this?

Wilt, attack down, scherzo, hybrid TP set.

The way to win this on demand is organizing enough people with enough debuffs to get value out of the randoms, regardless of how stupid they may be.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 15:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Thorny do you know if it has a cap on HP scaling (like past 50 it stops increasing)? Or are large servers like Asura completely screwed because the HP is too much to handle in 30 minutes?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 15:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Thorny do you know if it has a cap on HP scaling (like past 50 it stops increasing)? Or are large servers like Asura completely screwed because the HP is too much to handle in 30 minutes?

I have absolutely no idea how HP scaling works, or if it even HP scales at all. My impression from the other dragons is that they dynamically adjust to the amount of people present while keeping the same HP%, but even that isn't something I'm confident in. It doesn't have to be a linear system either, each person could be weighted less relative to the base given so many will be leeching.

You get an hour not 30 minutes, btw. And, more people is not necessarily a negative. You just need to make a point of stacking debuffs so the players with no buffs are able to hit it. Torpor, Distract3, quickstep. Frailty, dia3+lightshot, def-(angon or blu?), boxstep. Wilt, Fade at the very least to keep them alive. Get it's stats low enough that everyone is contributing and it will drop.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 16:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Thanks for the clarify. So there is NO reason to throw waves after waves of people at it for nothing....

Too bad this is an open world content event where anyone on the server can join at any time huh? It's impossible to stop more people from signing up and calling trusts mid fight. Telling them they don't belong there because it makes things harder doesn't exactly work. You can't weight one person's DI progress over another. The AFKers are the ones who really make things difficult anyway, but apart from flailing them away there's really not much you can do about it. And even if they do get flailed the mob dies slow enough that if they're semi-attentive they may still notice they got sent to their home point and have time to return before the fight is finished, putting you right back at square one. Plus, that also means that flail is going off and that alone makes things more complicated. Mireu is just a design mess. It baffles me how they can make some systems so balanced and well thought out, and then other times they throw this kinda stuff at us.

The one guy that is in charge of all this stuff. Probably said. Let's just give this dragon 150 million HP and call it a day. I don't have time to think about this *** !

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 16:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Problem on Asura is with the amount of people there beating on it are giving Mireu perma-TP spam. You are literally seeing Spike Flail every 10-15 seconds. You can't do anything even with proper -dt sets, wilt, barrier ect. Those flails were doing 2-5k damage to everyone in zone.

The problem with Asura is the average mentality is that of a 12 year old boy. Impatient ignorant and generally unpleasant.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 17:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Maybe this is SEs subtle way of saying get the *** out of asura? they seem to want to keep a certain number of servers running, despite some being ghost towns and others being way too full.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 17:32:44
Link | Citer | R

It's really not an asura thing. Just as unreasonable anywhere else. It may be literally impossible here, but that's only slightly worse than anywhere else.

tl:dr on merge/why not/don't understand

They're just letting it sort itself out. (it doesn't work) but that's the plan. Free availability to go where you want (for a fee). If you interfere and do merges someone will be mad, if you leave it alone and let everyone do what they want (for a fee) you aren't responsible.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26