Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Currency Farming Method
Dynamis Currency Farming Method
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-01-03 18:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a video that I made for my nephew to help him farm better in Dynamis. I'm hoping more people will be able to get some use out of this video. Let me know what you think! Happy New Year!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-01-04 02:31:31
Link | Citer | R

I think due to fall in dynamis currency price for some time already its a terrible money maker. Possibly farming spark even outside gain should net more money or currency purchased at the end.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-04 02:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I think due to fall in dynamis currency price for some time already its a terrible money maker. Possibly farming spark even outside gain should net more money or currency purchased at the end.

While accurate, it's kinda not the point (I think). I don't know why you would want to farm dynamis (boredom? ease? personal goal to earn without buying?) But you don't really need a reason.

You'll make a lot more simply farming crystals and sparks/accos are supplemental lol. And there's none of that proc ***.

I watched the video, good tips. The only thing I would mention is instead of trying for literal minutes to proc a mob, just kill that one and move on. Time is money. (I don't totally agree with the use shitty daggers either, more kills is more money even without procs but I haven't done it in like 4 years, I don't know how true that still is)
By funsam 2020-01-04 05:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Back at lv99 before trusts and i-level gear a lot of information on point about procing these days kill speed so fast just kill everything especially every nm, pop zone boss etc, those 100 drops from nm's is where the true money is at.

Just be careful of hate on Rng(eagle eye shot) and Bst nm's(charm) especially those can still 1 shot squishy characters still if not careful.

Also zone like Jeuno are my favourite one small zone = less running and more killing and a lot of nm's in zone too, also check zones before entering these days you never want competition in zone.

I would only do dynamis these days if you still missing base relics or farming currency because you can't buy enough on server you are on, some server will have a supply and demade problem if no one does dynamis and potentially price rise.
[+]
By geigei 2020-01-04 05:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Might as well kill gigas in tower with gilfinder.
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2020-01-04 06:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Didn't watch the video sorry, at work.

I've been doing dynamis lately with Blu + Thf/blm. Grab a cluster with blu, sleep, thf casts poisonga, blu melts them all. This isn't the best method for obtaining singles, but it is the best for obtaining Sparkling Stones and 100's. I walk out with 4-8 stacks of Sparkling Stones and anywhere from 5-15 100's in a run.

If you can't dualbox, don't bother with blu. Even with TH4 augmented gear, drops are terrible. Dancer/no sj + Trusts is probably still a viable method for white !! in dreamlands.

As others have said, if gil is your endgame then do something else. Spark farming is almost definitely more profitable.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-04 08:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis currency has spiked over double since the last wave of bans. 100 shells were going for over 300k a piece.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-04 10:55:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm assuming it was like this on Asura, but for the past couple years on Odin, 100s were only ~150k to 200k, they've been slowly growing in price recently though.
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-01-04 15:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for watching! I just figured I’d share for anyone working on relics and don’t have Gil to just buy off of AH. Also when the sparks farming gain exp times are down or the camps are overrun it’s good to just get currency the old fashioned way.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-04 15:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You'll make a lot more simply farming crystals and sparks/accos are supplemental lol. And there's none of that proc ***.

You are sure you are not talking about multiboxing a lot of chars? Farming sparks/acco solo is very slow outside of gain exp. Farming dynamis efficiently can probably bring you araound 400 coins per hour at least. Assuming prices around 300k per 100s. Thats 1.2M+ I kinda doubt you can get that much farming sparks/acco, but maybe im wrong. I havent really ever tried optimize sparks/acco farm outside of gain exp.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-04 15:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Yea i wondered a bit myself but earning more than 1m/h (or 300coins+/hour) you can consider dyna as competitive as spark/accolade farming even outside gain exp.

Even if you arent on gain exp that doesnt mean you dont have some "doable" time limited RoE. Magic kill is fine for magic cleaving on reisen/gates. Kill type of mobs is good on gates. Add this with spoils of any kind (bat wings, flint stones, etc), conflicts if available, sometimes ambuscade RoE, combat RoE then you have a large amount of quests, its definitive possible to complete at least 50% on both spark/acc in an hour.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-04 16:21:58
Link | Citer | R

Obviously though for non-multiboxers there are a lot of better way to farm cash than old dynamis or spark.

And spark just should be considered if you can multibox and have RoE for multiples char.
By Judiah 2020-01-04 18:42:21
Link | Citer | R

I agree that it could be useful to just farm your own currency sometimes. I use a different method though. I take blue mage and go to dynamis buburimu and lock subjobs. Then farm during magic proc cycle and get the increased chance of 100s dropping off white proc. Doing this I’ve gotten 27 100 pieces in 2 hours and 370 singles. It’s all about chance though. I’ve had far worse runs where I’ve only gotten 1 100 piece and 455 singles. Remember to use your TH gear and a healer trust. I set spells for evasion and keep up my own haste. Just don’t stand there trying to proc every mob.
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-01-04 20:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Judiah said: »
I agree that it could be useful to just farm your own currency sometimes. I use a different method though. I take blue mage and go to dynamis buburimu and lock subjobs. Then farm during magic proc cycle and get the increased chance of 100s dropping off white proc. Doing this I’ve gotten 27 100 pieces in 2 hours and 370 singles. It’s all about chance though. I’ve had far worse runs where I’ve only gotten 1 100 piece and 455 singles. Remember to use your TH gear and a healer trust. I set spells for evasion and keep up my own haste. Just don’t stand there trying to proc every mob.

Wow cool method! I haven’t heard of anyone doing magic procs in a while since they nerfed it so long ago. It’s good to know magic proc is such a viable option still! Great job!!
[+]