Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-29 12:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure they lower and raise their level with gear, and the level+ is DI specific.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-05 17:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Next up is Domain Invasion, which will see the addition of a new notorious monster. Vanquishing this monster will yield enough domain points to bring you to the daily cap, so if you’re lucky you maybe be done in no time at all. We hope that this’ll provide an exciting new element to those of you eager to watch the counter tick up.

And what about the new notorious monster in DI?

It seemed only reward is a faster points earning. Whats not that much relevant atm though. 1/4 chance of this NM being totally irrelevant.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-05 17:22:38
Link | Citer | R

As advertised it doesn't make a whole lot of sense... randomly a 80 point dragon will spawn? Why? If you already killed at least one dragon you just get screwed out of points.

Now if they let you overcap if you get "lucky" and it spawns during your 2nd 3rd or 4th kill, then sure, it's worth the bother.

It has no drops... it doesn't give a special buff... it's totally pointless. It's literally "harder" for no reason. Wasted coding, wasted effort. Does it give a new vorseal? Does it count as a kill on all 3 dragons for their vorseals? Does it do anything at all or simply save you 15 minutes of dragoning.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-05 17:28:10
Link | Citer | R

One thing that came to my mind, if this new dragon is noticeably harder than normal dragons and takes say 10 mins to kill. The actual effect could be worse: if this new dragon is advertised and anyone have enough time to go there, that could mean people will just wait till dragon to pop, then massive amount of people will head to zone for faster points. But then none will be spamming normal dragons if they can just wait for the big one to pop making maybe slower to rotate the NQ ones.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-05 17:30:25
Link | Citer | R

That too. if it's an independent spawn outside of the "cycle" it's just going to cause people to ignore the other 3.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By aashafox 2020-02-05 19:28:59
Link | Citer | R

Current setup at JP midnight is they pop within 30 seconds, die within 2-3 minutes and head to other zone. 80 points done in no time flat, and I just stand there with the warp ring, warp scroll, and tele ring.. New dragon to take you to 80 isn't a game changer...
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-05 19:40:29
Link | Citer | R

aashafox said: »
Current setup at JP midnight is they pop within 30 seconds, die within 2-3 minutes and head to other zone. 80 points done in no time flat, and I just stand there with the warp ring, warp scroll, and tele ring.. New dragon to take you to 80 isn't a game changer...
except Reisenjima, where you stand there waiting for Elvorseal for 4 minutes after zoning in.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-02-06 06:14:21
Link | Citer | R

I would have rather seen them add in a 4th dragon in another zone so it eliminates the wait in Reisenjima and actually divides the daily total into the same number of mobs.
By devasbismarck 2020-02-06 09:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Probably not a good idea to change the points to weekly or whatever as all that will happen is it will get saved and done in 1 sitting(great if you happen to be there when the majority go) leaving the drags desolate and off peak will have a grind fest trying to get their 4 kills.

The only change that is needed is 1 min between pops to lessen the time spent standing waiting for each pop. That way ppl can also target specific ones for vorseals if they wish rather than all this zoning business and standing for 10 mins. Whole process is like 45 mins a day which is why i can see ppl getting annoyed when the actual time spent killing is a couple mins. (charm, horrid roar dependent)

They do not need any more hp etc as that will just drag out a process thats already too long. Most players are at 50k beads spilling anyway since you cant buy multiple ki for aeonics or do anything with them for that matter. A separate thing should be 10k beads for an omen card so we can use beads for at least something. Pretty much guaranteed 1k beads outside of charm, roar bad luck anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-06 10:54:44
Link | Citer | R

devasbismarck said: »
A separate thing should be 10k beads for an omen card so we can use beads for at least something

I have suggested this since the very beginning. Having an extra canteen based on a stupid luck Omen Treasure floor (and picking the right box) is just silly. Make Canteens purchaseable for 10-15k beads. The people who want to spam cards/mat/bodies aren't locked out of Omen since they can always farm more beads for KI, and they get points for Daily participation from DI so it's a win win. SE just doesn't properly think things through sometimes...
By Pantafernando 2020-02-06 14:08:04
Link | Citer | R

My guess is that SE wants you to invest in your 1$ mule if you want access to extra omen runs. Otherwise all but scales wouldnt be sendable to same account

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
devasbismarck said: »
Probably not a good idea to change the points to weekly or whatever as all that will happen is it will get saved and done in 1 sitting(great if you happen to be there when the majority go) leaving the drags desolate and off peak will have a grind fest trying to get their 4 kills.

The only change that is needed is 1 min between pops to lessen the time spent standing waiting for each pop. That way ppl can also target specific ones for vorseals if they wish rather than all this zoning business and standing for 10 mins. Whole process is like 45 mins a day which is why i can see ppl getting annoyed when the actual time spent killing is a couple mins. (charm, horrid roar dependent)

They do not need any more hp etc as that will just drag out a process thats already too long. Most players are at 50k beads spilling anyway since you cant buy multiple ki for aeonics or do anything with them for that matter. A separate thing should be 10k beads for an omen card so we can use beads for at least something. Pretty much guaranteed 1k beads outside of charm, roar bad luck anyway.

Nah that just congests areas up. 25 mins tops now to cap out daily points with rotation is fine. As far as beads, if you are capped on beads and have a malformed ki... Do the nm's for the weapon. Makes no sense to complain about capped beads if you aren't doing Aeonic runs.

PPL complaining about beads, can do more than 4 fights for more beads.

I really don't understand what is so special about having to log in every single flippin day though. What do they care if I play for 1 day a month compared to 30, as long as my check clears.

Forcing people to do a solo chore once a day is not going to encourage them more to play in a group, or have warm bodies to team up with daily players. This particular grind actually detracts from group play, people are off soloing these for a good hour, while the events they could be running with other people may be hindered by lack of people, because folks are still working down their DI for the day.

Tallying each week as opposed to daily will not prevent people from taking down the worm any slower/faster than it already happens. People will still be out there on the daily grinding away. It's an error to think that the only good time to be able to take down the wyrm will be weekends, or w/e else. There will be people just as likely taking it out in one go on the weekdays as the weekends.

And there are people who still grind more for beads anyway, so.....

Whats the big chip on "hardcore" players shoulders about keeping it daily, vs us "casuals" that would like to do things in a different fashion. And aghast, heaven forbid, people grabbing one or 2 a day if they have downtime, and then finishing up before tally, obviously those people are lazy filthy casuals.

It's not, "I get my shiny in a week or I am mad," it is just allowing more flexibility for people who have other things in life to do, but still want to keep up with, and lets face it, they are out there "no life, hardcore gamers"

I really do not see why this is so unreasonable an adjustment, you can still do it daily as you find time, or if you need to catch up for the week you can do it all at once.

Not seeing the issue. And damn you guys really need to fight about anything dontcha, swear to god people are so used to the grind, that they refuse to think it a good thing to make things more accommodating for other players. It effects literally nothing for your status quo, you can still do your 80 a day. But if it were weekly, you would also benefit from the "overflow" over the cap if you happen to get a killshot or two.

Seriously lighten up. Quit resisting change.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 17:02:20
Link | Citer | R

The long and short of your question; metrics

They care that your character is logged in everyday, because it looks better on a graph than simply having a sub paid.

A "paid for" character is one metric, and a "logged in character" is a different metric. Both matter for different reasons. "player engagement" "likelihood of retention" "future freemium type additions required" etc
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The long and short of your question; metrics

They care that your character is logged in everyday, because it looks better on a graph than simply having a sub paid.

A "paid for" character is one metric, and a "logged in character" is a different metric. Both matter for different reasons.

They need to adjust their metrics, and take a lesson from all the "spreadsheet" pushers. What looks good on paper, is not necessarily good for real world scenarios. It's like theory crafting.

But I do get where you are coming from w/ that perspective. Me personally, would be a lot more inclined to log in daily and get to pick and choose my chores, as opposed to having them forced upon me daily. And really, who is trying to seriously play this game that is not already logging in damn near everyday anyway.

There are already a ton of daily chores in this game. If they keep it up, only thing people will do is their chores and be so annoyed by it that they log out once done, rather than play content they would like to play, they are stuck using up their possibly limited game time, doing BS chores.

DI is not rewarding content, its getting an paltry allowance for "taking out the trash."

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:09:49
Link | Citer | R

SE made their change most are fine with it being a daily cap. Few crying about wanting it to be weekly because they don't have time daily, even some protesting doing it which I find funny. But whatever 25 mins a day just moving my characters while I make dinner or clean up after work is just fine. Soooo much effort lol

See that attitude of "crying" is a joke. Your attitude is the problem not theirs.

It's wrong to not want to have to do this boring *** ***everyday? You are sadistic if you like doing it.

Anwho I've said my bit. People have their minds made up. So no point in arguing any further. Each side has beaten their respective horses to death.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Then don't play the *** game if its "boring *** ***". The whole game is a chore and always has been "boring *** ***".

That is a matter of opinion, whats boring and whats not. YOU are a sadist, plain and simple. If it is not required everyday, would be less boring.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 17:13:47
Link | Citer | R

It's not about "how difficult or buzzword" doing DI is every day.

It's about the response to feeling required to do it. Every day you don't do a daily (omen, dragons, dynamis, gobbiebox, gain-money, weekly ambuscade seal, Deeds, RoE, logging in mules) your brain goes "hey what the ***, you're missing free money"

Dailies force you to comply, and most people can't resist or hate that feeling when they try.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:16:54
Link | Citer | R

It's not about "how difficult or buzzword" doing DI is every day.

It's about the response to feeling required to do it. Every day you don't do a daily (omen, dragons, dynamis, gobbiebox, gain-money, weekly ambuscade seal, Deeds, RoE, logging in mules) your brain goes "hey what the ***, you're missing free money"

The point, is that not everyone has the time to do it daily. Some people, like myself, are not available every single day, on the other hand, some tend to do marathon play styles, like I do on my weekends, play through most of it.

SO, yea its pretty upsetting that "no lifers" get all the free ***, while people who still potentially put in the same amount of hours per week are left with missed opportunity.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 17:18:35
Link | Citer | R

And to bring that point full circle, is why people bot, lol (not to bring that debate here, just to state a fact)

Bot can do your dragons even when you can't!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:23:25
Link | Citer | R

"No lifers" aren't getting all the free ***. We are putting in the work to get it. Those that get left behind made a choice to do other things.

Yea in your own words "walking to the pop and then AFK" that's true skill and hard work. Clown.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-06 17:35:59
Link | Citer | R

And to bring that point full circle, is why people bot, lol (not to bring that debate here, just to state a fact)

Bot can do your dragons even when you can't!

Honestly, I would think someone in your shoes would be a proponent of this sort of change. Less time interrupting your daily RMT to max all your guys points each day. Can program it to execute once a week instead. But then again, running bots, time is not an issue.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 17:44:13
Link | Citer | R

None of the items are particularly an improvement and the wyrm ash, the juice just ain't worth the squeeze.

That "hourish" you give up to go do a dragon costs as much as the money you make back, IF your ash sells, and IF it's not undercut. You just break even.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8