FFXI Problems With TetraMaster

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI problems with TetraMaster
FFXI problems with TetraMaster
By MarrocAdalwulf 2019-11-11 21:54:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently having several issues with the game not wanting to load text correctly(i.e. any item from a quest or campaign shows up as gil, not the item given), not allowing me choose multiple choice options from certain zones(i.e. Home Point warp, Survival Guide warp, NPC choices for quests), and it will soft lock whenever I change jobs from the Mog House and leave, causing me to have to restart the game. I currently use Windower with addons like Gearswap and Timestamp turned on, and I also use the most current versions of FFXIVision and FFXIView. Currently, even playing vanilla will do the same things however.

So, I originally had purchased and downloaded the game from Amazon several years back, and I believe the outdated TetraMaster is what's causing a lot of my issues right now. Whenever I try to uninstall the game from my Windows 10 PC, it will say it's removing it, but will not actually remove anything from the computer at all, and when I had to reinstall it about a month ago, I had to redownload the installer from Amazon just to get it to work. It kept saying that it couldn't locate the TetraMaster files after downloading it from the official website and would not let me proceed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this so I can just play the game again? I'm really hoping that I don't have to go and buy a whole new copy of the game elsewhere at this point just to be able to play it again.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-11 22:06:30
Link | Citer | R

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html?l=wcb1911
current FFXI installer. no purchase necessary.
By MarrocAdalwulf 2019-11-11 22:17:27
Link | Citer | R

That is the exact location I tried to download from last time. And it keeps giving me an error message that it needs the "POL and TetraMaster Launcher" file to be able to install.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-11 22:28:40
Link | Citer | R

SE said:
* Please be sure to download all of the files listed above to the same folder.

Follow directions.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-11 22:39:25
Link | Citer | R

MarrocAdalwulf said: »
redownload the installer from Amazon

after downloading it from the official website
My apologies, I skimmed until I read the first bit, and never got to the 2nd.
idk
By Jetackuu 2019-11-12 01:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Aww Jet is being nice. I saw what it said before! :3
You shut your mouth!
By MarrocAdalwulf 2019-11-15 11:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
SE said:
* Please be sure to download all of the files listed above to the same folder.

Follow directions.
I did this as well. Twice in fact, and same results both times. Once on desktop and once from Downloads.
 Asura.Kuztastic
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: RobKuz
By Asura.Kuztastic 2019-11-15 13:39:57
Link | Citer | R

OK, I could be wrong, so I apologize if I am...
But wasn't Tetra Master discontinued in like 2010???

EDIT: My mistake. I thought you were looking to PLAY Tetra Master. Ha! Sorry
By Jetackuu 2019-11-15 15:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Either A. Your downloads are incomplete either by using a ***browser or user error and it's failing to install due to not having all the files. B. Your system is royally screwed up, may need to reinstall windows (if you have to ask how to fix an install I'm going to assume you probably shouldn't use tools like revo or even more-so play in the registry, so doing a system reinstall is probably the best solution in that case. It's most likely A though.
By Onimaru 2019-11-15 16:30:03
Link | Citer | R

You can still play tetra master??
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-15 16:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Onimaru said: »
It was shut down years ago.
By ashcrow 2019-11-15 17:08:40
Link | Citer | R

yes

http://www.tripletriadflashonline.com/
By Jetackuu 2019-11-15 17:17:30
Link | Citer | R

ashcrow said: »
yes

That isn't Tetra Master...
By ashcrow 2019-11-15 17:42:07
Link | Citer | R

yes

same ***different smell
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-15 19:11:38
Link | Citer | R

I never did do Tetra Master, it was outside of XI.

I do play tripple Triad a bit in XIV as it is intergrated into the game. I do not, however, play mah jong.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-15 20:11:38
Link | Citer | R

yes

same ***different smell
Except it isn't the same at all...
By MarrocAdalwulf 2019-11-16 15:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Either A. Your downloads are incomplete either by using a ***browser or user error and it's failing to install due to not having all the files. B. Your system is royally screwed up, may need to reinstall windows (if you have to ask how to fix an install I'm going to assume you probably shouldn't use tools like revo or even more-so play in the registry, so doing a system reinstall is probably the best solution in that case. It's most likely A though.

Let's see, where to start with this?

I downloaded the installer from the official website from both Opera browser and from Firefox, and confirmed both times that each download had all components required. I followed all instructions included with the download from the website. And, just to clarify, this is not "fixing an install" that I am asking for help on, this is a problem in game whenever I try to actually use it.

I have also defragged my computer, and even gone in to specifically remove the content that is supposedly giving the issue through "Apps and Features" in Windows 10, as well as trying to remove it from the directory. I'm also aware of how to work with registries and have already attempted to remove the appropriate registry keys for this from the system, redownloading and reinstalling the game, from the same website mentioned before, with the same results.

I'm going to ask that you please stop being needlessly aggressive and rude on this if you don't have steps that can legitimately help with the situation at hand.

FYI, already have a different plan in motion since no decent suggestions were mentioned here beyond, "reinstall windows, you idiot".

Have a nice day!
By Jetackuu 2019-11-16 16:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Why are you running a magnetic hard disk? or did you just moronically defrag a ssd? Not to even mention that unless it's disabled manually by default Windows will keep a normal hdd defragged on it's own. Either way fragmentation or not has no bearing on this issue at hand.

Did you run a checksum to make sure the files were complete? (doesn't sound like it or it wouldn't be looking for files when trying to reinstall)

If your files are corrupted then it means your install is corrupted and the error you were stating when attempting to reinstall is an installer error.

You're obviously not clearing something off properly as A. the uninstall feature shouldn't be corrupted as it is and B. You obviously have remnants that aren't being removed.

You can ask all you want but as I'm not doing what you're asserting I can't really help you on that part. I already told you how to properly fix it, just because you choose to ignore it is on you.

I have a hard time taking anyone seriously when they state ignorant things such as this:

Quote:
and I believe the outdated TetraMaster is what's causing a lot of my issues right now
Not to mention the thread title.

I'm sorry that you think somebody should hold your hand to fix a problem that you apparently created due to your own ineptitude and then get upset when they tell you how to fix it and proceed to ignore them.

I'll start again since you seem to be incapable of following simple directions, I'll try to make them simpler for you:

Path A;

1. Stop what you're doing, delete any downloaded files, reboot PC.
2. Uninstall the game, and probably use Revo to remove it entirely, brute force that *** (may want to create a restore point first, google it.)
3. Reboot again.
4. Download the files from playonline.com (probably use a real browser, try chrome. Who the *** actually uses opera? wtf?) into a single directory and verify the filesizes or run a checksum to verify the hash, either way.
5. Run the .exe to extract the installer
6. Run the installer, follow the prompts.
7.???
8. Profit
9. Bingo you have the game reinstalled.

Path B. Format drive, Reinstall windows, start from step4 of path A.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-16 18:39:22
Link | Citer | R

MarrocAdalwulf said: »
reinstall windows, you idiot

I also want to point out that this wasn't said, it may be what your twisted mind read, but it's not what was said and is gross misrepresentation of what was said.