Forum » FFXI » General » Dear SE
Dear SE
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-07 23:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Artsncrafts said: »
its the same ppl saying the same ***and doing the same ***every time

Real people or bots? Sounds exaggerating.

Still don't get the logic why more PUG = more friends and PUGGing make one more social-able. Most of the intimate conversation I ever have in ffxi happen with close friends who played together more than a couple of times, but never with random PUG that pt once and never again.

I think people really downplay the importance of static in ffxi here. It's both more efficient than PUG and builds deeper connection between players.

there isnt enough new content to not get bored doing the same things with the same people the same way
By Jetackuu 2019-11-07 23:47:47
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Speaking of which, Afa y u no come outparse Kludge lately?

I want to play whm ;;

lol
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-08 00:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Speaking of which, Afa y u no come outparse Kludge lately?
Afania's JO crystal is HUGE
By Shichishito 2019-11-08 02:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I'm actually curious about a list of those benefits.
i think they have been listed numerous times befor.
primarily its more players for faster party building and trading on high pop servers vs shorter queues and less competition on low pop servers.

with the exception of empy NMs competition for NMs is no big issue anymore. ambuscade resets and campaigns already focus players activities on certain events so you can easily run in long queues even on low pop servers which dämpens this pro of low pop servers a bit imho.
By Shichishito 2019-11-08 04:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
That's absolutely false equivalency. Hand farmed or botted, taking 10 hours or 10 nights sleep is a gigantic difference. I never said or implied I cped manually, I specifically mentioned botting in my last post. Try harder.

Even if you only botted overnight, one night vs 10 is the difference between capping 10 jobs or 1 job. There is no world where taking 10x as long is irrelevant.

thats probably why its so hard for some of us to give any validity to your arguments, they only see the RMT speaking, not the player.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-08 13:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Full. Right. It's literally impossible to "fill" a single zone with your population.
They're full.

Why would we stand on top of each other? This kind of comment is precisely why people on Asura are different.
It's not people on the small servers arguing with us, it's asurans who somehow think that nobody on small servers can afford $9/18 to go elsewhere. We can, we just like it here.
I really don't get what they don't understand when I say that Asura is nothing but a store.

We literally pay that sum TWICE per month at least, for many of us. If we can send mules back and forth several times, and bring back stuff not only for ourselves for other people on the server (I used to stuff 6/10 people when I'd make trips), you bet that if we do not move our mains it's because we have no plan to join this shittery that is Asura or any other store for that matter.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-08 13:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
I'm actually curious about a list of those benefits.
i think they have been listed numerous times befor.
I've read every post before posting this, I didn't see any compelling argument, hence why I asked for some.

primarily its more players for faster party building and trading on high pop servers vs shorter queues and less competition on low pop servers.
Ok so, party making, I log on I'm already spammed with Ambuscade/HTB, dyna and other events are a given, I don't need to wait. So this argument is void, there is nobody shouting on our server for a reason.
Second, "trading", trading what? You mean like, looking for gear? It takes me 10min top to get any piece of gear I want that is crafted or tradable from Asura to Cerberus. So I get my gear just as fast as you but I don't lose my comfort. So this point is also moot.

with the exception of empy NMs competition for NMs is no big issue anymore. ambuscade resets and campaigns already focus players activities on certain events so you can easily run in long queues even on low pop servers which dämpens this pro of low pop servers a bit imho.
>Abyssea
It's indeed a great feeling to park my *** in Abyssea whenever I want and do whatever I want, however I want because I'll be alone in the area for the next 11 hours at least.
Ambuscade with barely any queue and none past a certain time is great, I wouldn't participate in Ambuscade if it was any other way.

I agree though about what you said about Ambuscade in general, it's not so bad for sure, I wouldn't use this as a main argument. However, the luxury we have here is that we can do ANY content possible, solo or multiplayer, whenever and however we want. We have no limitation, at all. So it is pretty difficult for us to be like "oh, a merge? sure, let's give up some comfort". Why would we want to give up comfort? We are all literally into retirement FFXI at this point, retired people want comfort and peace. We have it, we'd like to keep it.
By Afania 2019-11-08 15:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Still don't get the logic why more PUG = more friends and PUGGing make one more social-able. Most of the intimate conversation I ever have in ffxi happen with close friends who played together more than a couple of times, but never with random PUG that pt once and never again.

I think people really downplay the importance of static in ffxi here. It's both more efficient than PUG and builds deeper connection between players.

there isnt enough new content to not get bored doing the same things with the same people the same way

Sure, but that still doesn't make doing PUG more sociable.

We could always just quit when we run out of content to do with a static. More time to go outside for real friends too.

So this entire "playing with static only = anti social" statement still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
By Shichishito 2019-11-08 16:35:17
Link | Citer | R

Ok so, party making, I log on I'm already spammed with Ambuscade/HTB, dyna and other events are a given, I don't need to wait. So this argument is void, there is nobody shouting on our server for a reason.

thats nice for you but its not the case for everyone and i'm pretty sure most statics initially started out as a shout group. they also have the advantage of spontaneity opposed to statics that need to be sheduled like a job.

Second, "trading", trading what? You mean like, looking for gear? It takes me 10min top to get any piece of gear I want that is crafted or tradable from Asura to Cerberus. So I get my gear just as fast as you but I don't lose my comfort. So this point is also moot.

it goes both ways, gear is more readily available and you can sell your stuff quicker, too.
relying on other people from a different server or paying for a double jump can hardly be considered comfortable.
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-08 16:38:56
Link | Citer | R

We could always just quit when we run out of content to do with a static. More time to go outside for real friends too.

So this entire "playing with static only = anti social" statement still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

quit quoting me to put words into my mouth, if you really need me to break down obvious ***i will
By fonewear 2019-11-08 16:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Let me guess Asura sucks

My dead server is great

Repeat for 7 pages.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-08 17:49:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-08 17:58:41
Link | Citer | R

when in doubt always go for both.
By Afania 2019-11-08 18:32:19
Link | Citer | R

quit quoting me to put words into my mouth,

I was replying to someone else's point first. You are the one who randomly hijack the conversation with a different point which wasn't being discussed.

Not my fault if your point ended up being associated with a different poster.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-08 18:40:48
Link | Citer | R

thats nice for you but its not the case for everyone and i'm pretty sure most statics initially started out as a shout group. they also have the advantage of spontaneity opposed to statics that need to be sheduled like a job.

it goes both ways, gear is more readily available and you can sell your stuff quicker, too.
relying on other people from a different server or paying for a double jump can hardly be considered comfortable.
Only if you can't afford it.

The problem with your (the opposition, not you) side of the argumentation is that you all projects your own problems and limitations. If we had those or if they were an issue, we'd either be on Asura or not playing anymore. I don't think you guys understand that.

As for the people who aren't as lucky as I may be, that's fine, they can do whatever they want. Just don't put everyone in the same bag, thanks.
By Prong 2019-11-08 20:27:18
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Prong said: »
I thought you weren't responding any longer? You weak willed narcissist you...
I said I wasn't responding to your previous crying and insecurity about servers any more. Your pathetic and desperate attempt to slander me makes it clear that you are accepting defeat in the very argument which you started. This clearly deeply, deeply bothers you and hence you feel the need to try and change subject and make it personal.

I won't respond further because, no offense, you are not intelligent enough for me to waste time on. This is not an argument or a challenge for me but simply dealing with an immature fool with a chip on his shoulder begging for attention and trying to save face.

You keep saying you won't respond, then keep responding. Then, you repeatedly claim mental superiority with zero evidence to back this claim. All evidence points to the contrary in fact. You whine and cry that people make statics and don't need PUGs and call them "anti-social" then claim I'm whining and crying. Are you running for office? Because you sure sound like a politician.

The fact is I hit the nail on the head, backed by what some others have said about you. You suck, you've made people mad so you had to go to Asura to get shout groups because nobody wants to play with you more than once. Now you've spent the last two days justifying your decision as if it were noble and the only way to go, when in fact, you had no choice because you're an a~hole.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-08 21:28:46
Link | Citer | R

quit quoting me to put words into my mouth,

I was replying to someone else's point first. You are the one who randomly hijack the conversation with a different point which wasn't being discussed.

Not my fault if your point ended up being associated with a different poster.
A. You were not replying to someone else first, you quoted me and only me, and also edited what i said every time you have replied

B. My first post wasnt quoting anyone, merely a subjective statement in a PUBLIC FORUM about the topic being discussed... That is hardly hijacking the thread, and implying such is just dishonest, but you have shown thats who you are already.

C. My post was my OPINION, im going to assume you have autism or something because you assume i meant people litterally doing the exact same thing the exact same way every single time. I was saying that playing with the same people gets boring, which is an OPINION, to say that im exaggerating when im not even being hyperbolic or asserting some objective fact is insinuating that im somehow LYING, which is IRONIC because on the page before you LITTERALLY SAID YOU SPEND HOURS TELLING A TANK WHERE TO STAND....

thats *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and OBVIOUSLY you are exaggerating, so you're full of ***and a hypocrite, and intellectually dishonest. Shown also in the way you "half quote" people, and by half quote i mean edit what they said to fit your response.

Statics are good for getting gear, there hasnt been much new content in years. If you have been playing fairly consistently the past 5 years you should have most things, If you want to static go ahead, some people get bored playing with the same people and/or doing the same content. Like myself, im not LYING, im not exaggerating, facerolling ***gets old to me. I like mixing it up with other people sometimes. Its why we're on a multiplayer game, you are essentially arguing for a LAN Party on FFXI, either way it doesnt matter!

You are arguing opinion as though its fact cuz ur some spaz, find a static that wants to tolerate your bs because you obviously lack the communication skills to even direct a tank on where to stand in less than an hour
By Afania 2019-11-08 21:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Why does this ***still go on?

DirectX said: »
Could have 3 huge, 3 large, 3 medium, and 3 "I play solo or with the 5-10 people I have ever been able to befriend because I have aspergers and cannot cope with the idea of meeting new people"

I highly doubt most people post here has more FFXI PUG experience than I have.

And yet if I'm gonna pick between PUG and a static of 5 to 10 people it would be static all the way.

It has nothing to do with anti social nor anything like that. But more to do with PUG has MUCH higher fail rate than static even if everyone has same lv of gear and correct strategy were used. And in general, requires much higher time investment.

Sometime in PUG I had to spend hours tell tanks exactly whats the correct position and skill order, while replacing people that just wanting to leave the pt with a bad tank.

Then after they finally learned how to do it properly they'd just leave, which wasted time invested on them. If they are in the static at least they can contribute next run. That's not the case in PUG.

Other times I had to deal with people who spent hours trying to argue my strategy won't work because it's not "meta", despite it totally worked with LS.

Nevermind the obvious fact that with random I have 0 idea on how they perform. Sometimes there are slow whm, epeo tank who doesn't know how enmity JA works, DD who claim to have rema but it's not AGed, cor who attempted to join pt with ilv 117 guns etc.

So eventually I'd have to make a decision between being that elitist A hole who gear check everyone and feel bad about it, or well, just choose not to PUG anymore.

I never have to deal with any of these with static or LS.

So yup, if I can play with a static of 5 to 10 people and done everything in game without the need to deal with random PUG people, it would be dream come true. Why would I even want to PUG?

Ironically, if I want more new friends, I believe not playing MMORPG at all and spend more time outside is the way to go.

This was my first post, which was replying directX's statement, not yours..

You were the one who randomly join the convo by replying right below and saying static = same people saying same ***all the time and youre bored.

That, has nothing to do topic above. Nor I really care your opinion on your static members.

I made ONE statement saying real player wouldnt say same ***all the time, thats it. Because I think you are devaluing the value of friends and statics by saying that. But whatever. I didnt even say you are not allowed to get tired of static members if you prefer PUG. If you get bored of your friends because they only do same thing over and over its your choice, idc.

Not sure how this turns into another 5 pages of shitstorm, with people getting incredibly mad over it.
[+]
By Afania 2019-11-08 22:22:16
Link | Citer | R

which is an OPINION, to say that im exaggerating when im not even being hyperbolic or asserting some objective fact is insinuating that im somehow LYING,

You are arguing opinion as though its fact

No, you read way too much into what I wrote.

I find it hard to agree that statics are that negative. But I never say your feelings arent true.

"I have different opinion from you" =/= "my opinion is universal fact that applies to everyone else".
By Jetackuu 2019-11-08 23:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Afa I think you broke the kid.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-09 03:57:37
Link | Citer | R

yea im broken while afa is still lying and acting confused by basic english, how many edits later
 Asura.Zidaner
Serveur: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-11-09 04:18:38
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

This could also apply......

[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-09 04:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zidaner said: »
Let me spell it out as simply as i can...

Saying someone is exaggerating about their opinion because you dont agree with them is asserting that said person is being dishonest, to do that right after exaggerating about an objective statement makes you a hypocrite in addition to being dumb.
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-09 04:27:33
Link | Citer | R

This could also apply......

I think this one applies for you pal

[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
Serveur: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-11-09 04:31:32
Link | Citer | R

That was a good chuckle. I needed that, thanks :D
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-11-09 08:56:19
Link | Citer | R

Let me spell it out as simply as i can...

Saying someone is exaggerating about their opinion because you dont agree with them is asserting that said person is being dishonest, to do that right after exaggerating about an objective statement makes you a hypocrite in addition to being dumb.

This ***still goes on, seriously?

Yeah, I said you are exaggerating, because in reality if you prefer can choose NOT to kill the same thing over and over with friends, or change conversation topic with your friends so they don't say the same things.

So saying static=kill the same thing with people saying the same thing sounds exaggerating because it sounds more negative than it really is. God forbid people think your opinion is incredibly negative.

How you end up reading that as accusing you for being dishonest AFTER I explained that wasn't my intention is mind blowing.

This is public forum, people will have an opinion on your opinion. Get over it. You are making a very big fuss with multiple rage posts over nothing.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13