Top 5 RMEAs to rank 15 and why
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Bismarck.Balguss
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Balguss
By Bismarck.Balguss 2021-02-20 06:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Gambanteinn and all Cursna+ gear is still only around 96% removal at 610 skill, still need cursna removal received gear to get 100% or get 650 healing skill which i'm not sure you can get while still having all the cursna+ gear. Can achive 100% removal with just removal+ gear and cursna+ gear without Gambanteinn, kinda makes it a lot less impressive, especially if you have Yagrush.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-20 08:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Haxetc said: »
Gambanteinn deserves to be a rank 4 just for the 100% cursna rate.

No. Gambanteinn is 2 stars at best. Your target still needs to wear Cursna received gear to make it work, and good luck having that on anybody who is not a tank (and then again, most RUNs I've met don't even bother and rely on their meva instead). Then factor in the effort and cost, and the fact that to bring the cursna rate high enough you still need to use all other cursna pieces... yeah, 2 stars at best.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-02-20 10:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Now why you would downgrade Burt and Ochain? R15 Atonement is a very powerful hatetool.
And Ochain can hit 100% blockrate on ilv150 mobs.
100% agree with the Burtgang. It's a 5/5, and not just cause of Atonement being..... ""good""... for something at least. (seriously. would it kill them to make the cap 11,900 instead of 1,190...)
The enmity retention (and just having enmity+23 too) and the PDTII push it pretty far up in terms of quality.

Ochain however.... I regret making it. At least it was free.
For almost everything, it's 100% Aegis 100% of the time.
And for when Aegis isn't useful/detrimental cause of it having a -5,000% block rate... I have found Priwen's Meva+50 in conjuncture with being able to keep reprisal up fulltime fairly easily to be my go to. (such as being the puller in Dynamis, for example)

Though I haven't done any shard farming in Odyssey on PLD... Ochain is probably really good there.
And there alone. (cause of the lack of enfeebles and magic damage from the trash mobs)
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-20 10:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Gambanteinn makes a good makeshift whisk.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-20 10:21:12
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Now why you would downgrade Burt and Ochain? R15 Atonement is a very powerful hatetool.
100% agree with the Burtgang. It's a 5/5, and not just cause of Atonement being..... ""good""... for something at least. (seriously. would it kill them to make the cap 11,900 instead of 1,190...)
The enmity retention (and just having enmity+23 too) and the PDTII push it pretty far up in terms of quality.

And for when Aegis isn't useful/detrimental cause of it having a -5,000% block rate... I have found Priwen's Meva+50 in conjuncture with being able to keep reprisal up fulltime fairly easily to be my go to. (such as being the puller in Dynamis, for example)

Though I haven't done any shard farming in Odyssey on PLD... Ochain is probably really good there.
And there alone. (cause of the lack of enfeebles and magic damage from the trash mobs)
Hmm. I used Ochain for pretty much everything in dynamis divergence. The only times I'd change to Aegis was on wave 3 RNG/COR NMs(Wildfire, and you can't block ranged WS anyway.). And Priwen on NIN NMs for meva(Man, Sakpata's is gonna trash Mijin.)

I think what content you do has a lot to do with it, but I still use Ochain far more often than Aegis or Priwen. Although, I've been seeing good use for Aegis on the Atonement 3 NMs in Odyssey Gaol. Most of them are Highly magic dmg focused.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-02-20 11:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmm. I used Ochain for pretty much everything in dynamis divergence. The only times I'd change to Aegis was on wave 3 RNG/COR NMs(Wildfire, and you can't block ranged WS anyway.). And Priwen on NIN NMs for meva(Man, Sakpata's is gonna trash Mijin.)
I only go PLD for pulling on W1/2 farming, so I just wind up fulltiming Priwen. (If it's something that vaguely matters like W3+, I'm probably on RDM... or if I'm tanking: RUN. lol)

I think what content you do has a lot to do with it, but I still use Ochain far more often than Aegis or Priwen. Although, I've been seeing good use for Aegis on the Atonement 3 NMs in Odyssey Gaol. Most of them are Highly magic dmg focused.
Bolded statement has never been truer said.
Aegis being good on new NMs isn't that surprising, that's part of why I find myself never using Ochain: all the iLv content is heavily magic focused.
(with the exception of certain Ambuscades, obvs)
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-02-21 09:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Balguss said: »
Gambanteinn and all Cursna+ gear is still only around 96% removal at 610 skill, still need cursna removal received gear to get 100% or get 650 healing skill which i'm not sure you can get while still having all the cursna+ gear. Can achive 100% removal with just removal+ gear and cursna+ gear without Gambanteinn, kinda makes it a lot less impressive, especially if you have Yagrush.

Wait. How ? That +100 is pretty significant.
By SimonSes 2021-02-21 11:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
Redemption does quite well with the new gear. I have r15 calad redemption and liberator. I’m like 95/5 in favor of scythe I rarely use calad for much anymore tbh

SUPER happy to hear that- haven't started mucking with sets yet, but I have always wanted Redemption to have a situation to shine in.

Sadly at attack cap, Redemption is ~14% behind Calad and thats before skillchain and before damage loss from using 3000TP Quietus for AM3. This is also using full Sakpata for TP and WS with Calad and same for TP with Redmption, but with Ratri+1 head and feet for WS. Also Calad loses DPS (but very slowly) when holding TP, while Redemption needs to hold TP for optimal DPS (and difference is significant). Also even with full Sakpata for TP and WS (slightly different accessories) Liberator has about the same DPS as Redemption, but holding or spamming has little impact to DPS, you have no dps loss from 3000 Insurgency for AM3 and you have utility advantage of Liberator.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-21 13:21:43
Link | Citer | R

My dream of exploding things using bat wings is still just a dream. Thanks for the info

The lack of style points meeting dps expectations in this game continues to be brutal
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-21 15:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The lack of style points meeting dps expectations in this game continues to be brutal

Yeah, just playing with DRK now and scythe weapon skills are some of the best looking. It is a shame that DRK's best move is to spam torcleaver.
[+]
By Veydal1 2021-02-21 15:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Quietus, and Redemption by extension, is powerful in its own little niche situations - under attack cap on DRK. Unfortunately for Redemption, there are not many situations where you'll be under attack cap and not be able to better benefit from the survivability that Apocalypse brings.

Scythe having a higher pDIF cap, the new gear available, and R15 Apocalypse dishing out respectable Catastrophe damage makes it a Rank 5 for me. Catastrophe might not benefit from overflow TP but it's still a solid choice.

That being said, from a pure damage perspective, Caladbolg (white damage & WS damage) & Liberator (WS frequency) will do better. I wouldn't argue with either being labeled as "Rank 4" or "Rank 5" though.

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
My dream of exploding things using bat wings is still just a dream. Thanks for the info

That's the beauty of it though. Outside of some real ball breaker content, you should do just fine with using something like Redemption over the alternatives. Remember, it's a GAME. Find some like-minded friends and enjoy yourself :)
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-03-06 01:50:01
Link | Citer | R

here's my hot take: as a R10 Death Penalty owner I would never deny anyone the pleasure of big stupid numbers but it's not a top tier weapon in a world where so many of the NMs that actually matter (inasmuch as any of them matter) resist dark as much as they do

you can one-shot a Dynamis statue with a TP Bonus gun if you're using the right gear; get over it
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-06 05:26:59
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
here's my hot take: as a R10 Death Penalty owner I would never deny anyone the pleasure of big stupid numbers but it's not a top tier weapon in a world where so many of the NMs that actually matter (inasmuch as any of them matter) resist dark as much as they do

you can one-shot a Dynamis statue with a TP Bonus gun if you're using the right gear; get over it

Its a one trick pony, but stupidly powerful one trick pony.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-06 06:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Depending on the eyes I can also one shot the mobs too. The only times i take DP off during dyna is for W2 boss and W3 fetter mobs and its back on for the W3 boss.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-06 07:36:47
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Its a one trick pony, but stupidly powerful one trick pony.

The only problem with DP these days are CORs who think they're "done" with just a DP. @SimonSes nailed it- its a one trick pony, but that pony just happens to be Secretariat. But not every race is the Belmont Stakes- sometimes you want Man o' War.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-03-29 04:45:49
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »

Yea i swear i see a difference with using ochain 99, back when dyna D was hard my ls was crying pld would suck mt wave 3 boss i did it w ochain 99 pre Burtgang too, Rune epeo was not able to take hate just bumping back and forth he was zerging too,

Anyway was thinking on getting rag and R15 it for some of the odyessy fights and maybe it might be good in the future again for accuracy who knows or is it not worth it,
By eliroo 2021-03-29 06:51:04
Link | Citer | R

If you think you made the DP to one shot statues in DynamisD, you should probably just drop the DP.

Seriously though, outside of being a powerhouse for most things in DynaD (One shotting mobs, melting bosses), its still an incredible weapon where its unresisted which is pretty common in odyssey.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-29 12:55:03
Link | Citer | R

sometimes you want Man o' War.

Can confirm, though those times can be very confusing

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2021-03-29 13:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Cross dressing as a woman is only a thing a man can do. There for it is the most mascuiline thing a man can ever achieve.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-29 16:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Friedrik said: »
sometimes you want Man o' War.

Can confirm, though those times can be very confusing

sigh....kids these days....
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-03-29 16:50:02
Link | Citer | R

LEAVE MANOWAR ALONE!! T-T

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2021-03-29 19:31:54
Link | Citer | R

i have an opinion on this one....

to me, the best REMA options are those that will be "game breaking." By this I mean that they will allow you to do something you normally couldn't do in the game.

HULK SMASH? I mean, sure....pick the absolute hardest hitting REMA for that situational weakness and you have your answer...but that's not game-breaking to me as it doesn't break the rules.

What does?

#1 - YAGRUSH
Breaks all mechanics(outside 1x/10m). IMO one of the most OP pieces in the entire game. You may hate playing healer, most do. But this thing makes its presence known. It is broken at 75.

#2 - MARSYAS / DAURDABLA
Honor March is cheating. Marsyas is cheating. Only song in the game with multiple stat effects.

For years Bard was a game changer with 2 songs. And well worth taking a dd spot for them. Daurdabla gives 4 (or 5). just crazy.

#3 - TWASHTAR

Take a THF: crazy evasive, fast as all hell, can self SC light and dark all day w/o ever missing, and add a force drop ability. Weakness? they don't really hit all that hard compared to the big 3.

Add an r15 twashtar and that ceases to be the case. You now have a solo job with full survival ability that can spike damage with just trust supports for 40k + 80k + 80k on IT+++. The white damage and thf atk speed just melts everything when farming spots like Omen.

Tizona is filthy for the same reason, but BLU had good survival AND damage AND magic already...def makes BLU a monster but a monster doing what it was doing before, just better.

Disclosures:
We are long Twashtar and short Tesla.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-29 20:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
i have an opinion on this one....

to me, the best REMA options are those that will be "game breaking." By this I mean that they will allow you to do something you normally couldn't do in the game.

HULK SMASH? I mean, sure....pick the absolute hardest hitting REMA for that situational weakness and you have your answer...but that's not game-breaking to me as it doesn't break the rules.

What does?

#1 - YAGRUSH
Breaks all mechanics(outside 1x/10m). IMO one of the most OP pieces in the entire game. You may hate playing healer, most do. But this thing makes its presence known. It is broken at 75.

#2 - MARSYAS / DAURDABLA
Honor March is cheating. Marsyas is cheating. Only song in the game with multiple stat effects.

For years Bard was a game changer with 2 songs. And well worth taking a dd spot for them. Daurdabla gives 4 (or 5). just crazy.

#3 - TWASHTAR

Take a THF: crazy evasive, fast as all hell, can self SC light and dark all day w/o ever missing, and add a force drop ability. Weakness? they don't really hit all that hard compared to the big 3.

Add an r15 twashtar and that ceases to be the case. You now have a solo job with full survival ability that can spike damage with just trust supports for 40k + 80k + 80k on IT+++. The white damage and thf atk speed just melts everything when farming spots like Omen.

Tizona is filthy for the same reason, but BLU had good survival AND damage AND magic already...def makes BLU a monster but a monster doing what it was doing before, just better.

Disclosures:
We are long Twashtar and short Tesla.

So idk if you read the title but top 5 to rank 15, Yagrush isnt worth spending the money to r15 before other options and Marsyas/Daub dont even get r15
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-03-30 00:09:33
Link | Citer | R

kikoku, kannagi, nagi, heishi, battle bard, duh.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-04-03 20:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
LEAVE MANOWAR ALONE!! T-T

just RP with this song with your ragnarok R 15 so everyone hate you for wearing a ***Sword!!
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-04-07 19:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Hello all:

I have a question that I can not seem to find an answer to:

If I were to upgrade a relic with Oboro for 10k plutons and obtain a variant, thereby skipping the 250 umbrals required for aftermath, could I obtain that bonus later?

Appreciate the assistance.

I am considering upgrading my Apoc.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-04-07 19:38:02
Link | Citer | R

if you're upgrading directly with 10k plutons, you've obtained the version that is both 119 with afterglow—which i assume is what you're referring to—and has 269 skill.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-07 19:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Weakness? they don't really hit all that hard compared to the big 3.

The big three, in case you forgot, are the plague, scurvy, and my flint-lock glock.

If you get that reference, you are awesome.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11