Alexander HTBF

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Alexander HTBF
Alexander HTBF
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Moink 2021-02-07 16:41:55
Link | Citer | R

If you use Arciela, ensure that she is hitting Alexander's back... She wont gain TP and will just become support. Positioning is key.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-07 17:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Moink said: »
If you use Arciela, ensure that she is hitting Alexander's back... She wont gain TP and will just become support. Positioning is key.

She has a native regain and still has access to some enfeebling magic. It's a risk using her
[+]
 Shiva.Anoq
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-07 21:49:05
Link | Citer | R

yeah been using Qultada Joachim Monb Karaha and Selhteus. Just spamming Evis. Idk wtf is going on, def get GotL a lot more than other jobs I do it on. Maybe my dmg is too low or something.
 Asura.Slacks
Serveur: Asura
user: bignig
By Asura.Slacks 2021-02-07 21:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Your problem is most likely Joachim, he uses carnage elegy an will force Gotl
[+]
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-07 22:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Def it, got him and Ulmia mixed up >< tyty!
 Asura.Cordyfox
Serveur: Asura
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-02-07 23:31:11
Link | Citer | R

I've never had an issue with Joachim on Alexander. I don't think he even attempts to use Carnage Elegy on him?
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-08 01:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cordyfox said: »
I've never had an issue with Joachim on Alexander. I don't think he even attempts to use Carnage Elegy on him?

He must have been getting a few in, maybe just bad luck and was happening more often on THF? Tried with Ulmia on THF just now and didn't get a single GotL.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-08 01:32:36
Link | Citer | R

It's funny how Joachim can manage to land Elegy when you don't even want him to use it but can't be bothered to cast March after the party takes fifty points of damage.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [151 days between previous and next post]
By Tanag 2021-07-09 12:43:07
Link | Citer | R

I've been doing Normal a lot recently as MNK/THF with the suggested trusts. The fight is easy overall, though super boring. Fights take 15-20min. It's especially dull since you need to space out your WS to not cause skillchains (on MNK at least).

In the end, I had to drop Arciella II. Her Unceasing Dread would land paralyze quite often causing massive heals.
I also recommend positioning Alex so Qultada(and other trusts) are behind him. He has caused a few unintended skillchains for me.

(Sorry for the necro)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-07-09 13:30:49
Link | Citer | R

On MNK, I always used to alternate VS and RF to keep from skillchaining. I would understand if maybe the trusts were causing problems, but you shoudn't have to worry about skillchaining with yourself.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [299 days between previous and next post]
By Karl87 2022-05-04 18:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the necro. Just started farming myself on N as nin/war with trusts seltheus, qultada, ulmia, monbreaux & yoran. Wep was kannagi and I was doing shun.

The issue I’m having is I am somehow proc’ing gospel and idk why. Checked my logs and I can’t see what’s doing it, none of the trusts are debuffing it in any way that I can see. I read through this thread to get any ideas but can’t find anything in common with what’s been posted. He usually seems to use it immediately after using divine judgment. Any ideas or have I missed something glaringly obvious?
By Vankathka 2022-05-04 19:00:29
Link | Citer | R

At higher difficulties, Gospel of the Lost is used at specific percentages along with Divine Judgement

For N, it is used at 90% and 30%. If kill speed is slow between 90% and 70%, he may use it at 70% as well.

From BG Wiki, seems to be whats happening to you exactly.
By Karl87 2022-05-04 19:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Dammit, missed that page entirely as had just seen the regular nm page not the ‘prime’ version, mb. Yeah I think that’s what’s happening then, thanks
By Starbucks 2022-05-05 03:33:32
Link | Citer | R

If you have MNK it is probably much easier to use that. Even if you just geared it with nin gear and some random h2h
 Siren.Codegen
Serveur: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2022-05-05 05:02:10
Link | Citer | R

on monk you can solo VD if you pick trusts really carefully and choose when to use JAs, I even user the drg/whm mithra hunter trust just because she casts haste on you and doesn't do any enfeebles and won't feed tp while hitting for zero damage.