Is Vajra Worth Making Anymore?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » is Vajra worth making anymore?
is Vajra worth making anymore?
First Page 2 3 4
 Phoenix.Nightfrost
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Nightfrost 2019-07-25 14:56:39
Link | Citer | R

with Twashtar getting a major 10% boost to rudras is Vajra worth the effort to make still? what's your guys opinions?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-25 15:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Not really.

It has uses, but honestly not worth the effort or money.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-25 15:04:57
Link | Citer | R

It was better than other options before we got da/ta on literally every piece of gear.

When only about 20 of us had one, pre rudra adustment bandwagon.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-25 15:10:09
Link | Citer | R

I mean (10?) years ago.. prices have bounced all over the place. Mandau vajra and twash, of the 3 it was probably 2nd price, but 1st damage.

It really depends when you got it.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2019-07-25 15:40:08
Link | Citer | R

I run Vajra augmented main and Twastar off, and here's my OPINION on it:

Vajra with AM3 (easy to obtain/maintain) allows you to swap out many of your Triple attack pieces for Store TP/DT/ACC hybrid set. This allows you to obtain 2-3 attack round builds (w/Samurai roll 2-3 , w/o 3) while maintaining more accurate hits/survivability. When your not buffed to the teeth (as I do working with a PET based party), you 'will' WS more often.

Its fun to one shot mobs occasionally in Reisenjima with Vajra's Sneak Attack or Trick Attack alone (no WS)

Other noice things:
-You still get the +50 DEX bonus from Twastar (offhand) along with +30 Accuracy (AUG Vajra).
-128 Twastar vs 140 dmg Vajra is a 9.1% higher DMG
-Without much support (1 GEO) its fun to bust out Mandalic Stab 140k - 199k (WS+SC) teaming up with Avatars on Omen Bosses and many of the other Geas-Fete mobs.

Summary IMO: Your top tier accurate and can weaponskill 'more often under a variety of conditions' while not sacrificing Triple Attack for survivability/accuracy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-25 20:12:15
Link | Citer | R

I use it sometimes. Fun to get the occasional 99,999 SA/TA Rudra on normal mobs with enough attack buffs, especially if you're skillchaining. Good to bypass certain mobs that have hpp triggers.

If you're asking if it's worth making over a Twashtar, the answer is no.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-07-25 20:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Vajra's alright if improving damage on Thief's only fusion option is worth it to you.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-07-25 20:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Vajra's alright if improving damage on Thief's only fusion option is worth it to you.

This it’s useful if you -need- to make light with someone usually using resolution or savage.

Ou, sometimes amb
 Phoenix.Nightfrost
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Nightfrost 2019-07-26 03:29:41
Link | Citer | R

i might just make it, R15 twashtar hits pretty hard already, and its not like i won't use it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-07-26 03:31:50
Link | Citer | R

"worth" is subjective. I say no, and I'll toss gil at silly things. But I also hate mythics with a passion. If you don't mind the mythic grind, and already have most things setup gear-wise, it does have its place.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-07-26 05:42:24
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
If I could make myself do Tokens I would make a mythic. I think the rest of it would be enjoyable being the first time I would have done it, but I cannot make myself spend about 15 hours on Nyzul Isle.

The 53 hours of Einherjar make the one Saturday afternoon getting tokens seem like a breeze imo!
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-26 06:05:43
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
If I could make myself do Tokens I would make a mythic. I think the rest of it would be enjoyable being the first time I would have done it, but I cannot make myself spend about 15 hours on Nyzul Isle.
it takes like 6hrs or less to get 150k tokens lol wheres this 15hrs coming from

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-26 10:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Makes THF super compatible with COR. Evis > Savage > stacked Mandalic = dead mob. The Savage will cause the mob to turn towards the COR giving a perfect back shot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-27 03:06:39
Link | Citer | R

I switched to the Vajra tonight and it worked out pretty alright, stacking WSs. Don't know if I can do this with the other daggers. Rudra can hit anywhere between 80-99k depending on tp properly buffed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-27 06:13:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't think Vajra is worth the investment. I was able to land 80-99k Rudra's with max skillchain damage using Twashter in this months ambuscade too. I think that's just Rudra's power at work. And if they upgrade REMA's again it probably won't come until the empyrean +3 release. If at that time we get any more triple attack or weaponskill damage increases vajra's new buffs relative to twashter's could get walled off by damage caps and diminishing returns. Vajra has some skillchain utility, but I wouldn't recommend it just for that.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-27 07:10:48
Link | Citer | R

What kind of buffs and debuffs on the mob do you normally run with?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-27 08:08:03
Link | Citer | R

The setup was Run, Thf, Geo, Cor, Brd, Whm

Barthunder, Lightning carol, Indi-Frailty, Geo-Wilt, Samurai, Chaos, 2x March, Minuet, and I was entrusted with Fury

It was a pretty optimized setup but Sahagins suck so we wanted to go in prepared. That's my biggest issue with Vajra though. If you set up a proper buff lineup Twashter's weaponskill damage can already come pretty close to the damage cap. I've had some really crazy damage spikes inside dynamis where the mobs have much higher defense on average. The Squadron Banneret is a Paladin for example.

We can already push our triple attack close to 60%. If our empyrean set upgrades that it's not unfeasible to believe we could be pushing 65-70% at some point in the future. Likewise if Twashter gets any more rudra's % bonuses it's averages could come so close to the damage cap that even if Vajra did hit the damage cap regularly the difference between hitting it and "almost" hitting it would be too close for it to have any real meaning. As our native triple attack goes higher and our average weaponskill power increases the line between Vajra's benefits and our natural abilities blur together.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-27 08:52:47
Link | Citer | R

They probably were yes. Those screenshots happened about a month or two ago and I don't keep track of my tp count for every weaponskill. I just saw the numbers and screencapped when it happened. If they weren't 3000 TP they're right on the border, I can tell you that much.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-07-27 11:51:07
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't aware Rudras made light, guess we learn something new every day.

Vajra is pretty insane on stacked WS's, the CHD +30% buffs all of them and not just Mandalic. The weapons WS bonus's just make Mandalic semi-competitive with Rudras around 1~1.5K TP. It's best used as a SC closer, which is THF's best DD role anyway. On high defense mobs Mandalic wins hands down due to the 75% attack bonus the WS gets, something most don't actually know about.

As for if it's worth it, that's up to the user as like all REMAs there is a huge investment involved.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-27 12:14:31
Link | Citer | R

It's like if you're career only play thf you make vajra last.

If you casually play thf and other things vajra isn't even on your radar.

If you just came back and intend to play thf vajra last.

If you already had them all rank0 vajra last.

If you want the best lockstyle/best color fart cloud vajra first!

(Mandau withholding, on paper it's definitely last but in reality I don't think anyone has really run it at r15 and really isn't run in realistic scenarios. )

How often does anyone even play thf anyway with the exception of ihina loh and melph. Money is better spent elsewhere. Same with relic +3 stop paying 50m for a job you don't even use once a week.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-27 13:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Wasn't aware Rudras made light, guess we learn something new every day.

It's more about how often we need to make light versus the rest of the time when we just spam weaponskills and ad-hoc skillchains on the fly. That and the cost of a R15 Vajra. There aren't a lot of situations where you're doing a dedicated light skillchain and even when you are Twashter is more than capable of handling those fights just fine. Anyone can unlock Mandalic Stab via NINI trials, and the difference in those limited situations isn't great enough for me to want to build one. I respect your warrior prowess Saevel, and I know that versatility is very important to you. But the question was "Is Vajra worth it". As LoH mentioned, "worth" is subjective, but for the amount of time and money it takes to build R15 Vajra you could build R15 Twashter or Aeneas instead. From the value standpoint of a thief, Twashtar and Aeneas both have much greater weight because they're all around better daggers. Is Vajra better in a few niche situations? Yes. Do I actually see myself placed in those situations on a regular enough basis that I would want to build it? No! Simple as that.

I do thief to the best of my ability; it's the job I've chosen to specialize in as you have to warrior. If I felt Vajra was a worthwhile investment I'd build it. My honest opinion is it isn't. Ihinaa and LadyofHonor have both said that Vajra isn't worth the investment, and they're both equally passionate (and probably even more so) about the job than I am. As Eiryl said, Vajra comes last in priority. That doesn't make it a bad dagger. It's just much worse in cost/reward ratio than the other two.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-27 17:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »

Nice, I've never gotten damage up that high without Vajra or on extra damage mobs, but I don't have my Twashtar at r15.

If you notice, though, that I wasn't aiming for the biggest numbers, and my WSs were not going off at 3000TP. All my numbers that night were in that range. Point is, you can hit those numbers casually with the Vajra on every mob. That last Rudra was closing a 5-step skillchain, so it probably wasn't even over 2000TP, and I don't run with as many atk buffs as your group.
By Triffle 2019-07-27 17:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »

I switched to the Vajra tonight and it worked out pretty alright, stacking WSs. Don't know if I can do this with the other daggers. Rudra can hit anywhere between 80-99k depending on tp properly buffed.

Isn't skillchain damage buffed on the Ambuscade NMs this month? Don't think it's that hard to hit high.
First Page 2 3 4