Just FYI: Pocket PC (specially W5 Pro) Runs FFXI.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Just FYI: Pocket PC (specially W5 Pro) runs FFXI.
Just FYI: Pocket PC (specially W5 Pro) runs FFXI.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2019-07-07 15:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Just a FYI: I bought a Pocket PC from Amazon.com for $135 (lightning sale - 20% off). It comes with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed along with a copy of Windows 10 Pro and activation key (if you ask for it). You can find it at:

W5 Pro Mini PC Intel Atom Z8350 Windows 10 Computer Stick 4GB DDR 64GB eMMC Support 4K HD,Dual Band WiFi AC,BT 4.2

After an initial issue with error POL-0512, it is running like a champ - a slow champ, but it is functional. I wouldn't want to do any end-game stuff, but Mog Gardening, daily RoE quests, etc is working well for me (from what I can tell at this time). As for getting over the POL-0512 error, please, see the FFXIAH thread:

Brand new computer & POL/FFXI install - POL-051

I bought it so I could have 2 of my POL accounts on at the same time doing the daily RoE quests (e.g. 20 Buffs, 30 Heals, 5 Cure status, etc). Yes, my main system could run both POL accounts in FFXI window mode, but for $135 it was worth seeing if this would work. I'm going to do the daily RoE stuff using both my main and this Pocket PC.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-07-07 19:29:08
Link | Citer | R

*EDIT*
Wrote a “Nice Find” a second ago but checked them link...

Thought this would be like a lunch-box tower PC or something but NOO
This is a stick lol.

Just bring this, a mouse, Keyboard/Controller/Both and your Monitor and you’re good to go.

Very useful for all those Desk-Job guys that may or may not have their work computers monitored.

That’s pretty cool
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-07-07 22:01:22
Link | Citer | R

im def gunna look into this for my sister. she plays it pretty casually on my old computer thats a PoS from walmart still uses a j1900 celeron processor. Without anyone around her on vanilla shes getting 15 fps its sad, this stick computer sounds like an upgrade.
I had thought about getting her a cheap notebook pc before i saw this thread, unless someone else knows a decent casual pc/laptop/stick for ffxi under 200 bucks.
edit: I found this one on amazon for 10 bucks more than the non flash sale price on the stick with much better specs i think ill get. The only draw back is that its refurbished. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BCGW85X/ref=psdc_13896597011_t2_B01CV9G1BO
By afkspot 2019-07-07 23:48:11
Link | Citer | R

The stick probably wouldn't be better, that link would be half decent with an added half-height GPU (due to the size) and a SSD though.
 Alexander.Humpo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Humpo
By Alexander.Humpo 2019-07-10 06:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
*EDIT*

Very useful for all those Desk-Job guys that may or may not have their work computers monitored.

That’s pretty cool

That or people that are stuck in a hotel for a week during DM augment campaign.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-07-10 07:42:54
Link | Citer | R

You should look into remote desktop options.

I have thisbluetooth keyboard and I use my phone to log in. I also wouldn't do any actual events over this setup, but crafting, AH, mog garden, and LS chat are great.

You also get the added benefit of having access to your computer for anything else you want to do.
By DPSKngWJlly 2019-07-10 09:42:57
Link | Citer | R

You grabed the wrong machine ahoulda got a gpdwin2
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-07-10 10:58:48
Link | Citer | R

DPSKngWJlly said: »
gpdwin2
Hmm $135 machine vs $750~. Did you even read the whole post?
[+]
 Asura.Xenorex
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenorex
By Asura.Xenorex 2019-07-11 15:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Both are pretty cool ideas. I never heard of the gdpwin2, its like a pc nintendo switch with a keyboard. I saw on Forbes someone figured out how to install windows on a switch, has anybody figured out how to run ffxi on a switch yet? That would be an option in the middle of these two price wise, but with all the portability of the gdpwin2.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]