Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 198 199 200
By fonewear 2019-09-14 13:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Biden said ‘record player’ lol

I found this record !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2019-09-15 10:19:55
Link | Citer | R

kids these days are at a disadvantage cause parents arent using their phonographs its tragic stop making fun of it
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-15 12:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Libs cant catch Trump so they’ve gone back to making up things against kavanaugh now
By Nausi 2019-09-15 12:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Another 30 year old allegation this time with a witness, who just happens to be a clinton lawyer.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-15 13:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Rgb must be close to death, it must be why they are out smearing today
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-15 13:52:06
Link | Citer | R

Probably the IGs report is devastating to them.
By fonewear 2019-09-16 10:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
kids these days are at a disadvantage cause parents arent using their phonographs its tragic stop making fun of it

Kids listen to the rap music !

[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-16 14:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Wow the nyt has confirmed itself as low rent trash.

100% facts I don't like.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-16 18:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Cheap Renewables Could Make 90% of Proposed Gas Power Plants — and Many Pipelines — Obsolete by 2035
Desmog - never heard of them.

Its already cheaper to build renewable than natural gas. And that's without the proposed pipelines.

KN, if you have any energy companies who have natural gas infrastructure in advanced planing in your portfolio, consider dumping them in the near future.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-16 19:35:01
Link | Citer | R

To Chanti's point, I've always said that the only way that "green" energy will ever take root in the U.S. is if it becomes cheaper and easier to produce than non-renewable energy.

That being said, extrapolated graphs from heavily biased sources are cute, but I wouldn't bank on them and neither should you.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-16 20:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Cheap Renewables Could Make 90% of Proposed Gas Power Plants — and Many Pipelines — Obsolete by 2035

Its already cheaper to build renewable than natural gas. And that's without the proposed pipelines.

KN, if you have any energy companies who have natural gas infrastructure in advanced planing in your portfolio, consider dumping them in the near future.

I propose a new proposal !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-16 20:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Due to my public education I can't read a graph pie chart or anything with lines or numbers.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-09-16 20:17:59
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Due to my public education I can't read a graph pie chart or anything with lines or numbers.

You have to use common core. You get to draw all kinds of squares and lines and numbers to add 1 + 1.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-16 20:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Chanti. I dont think you understand the nature of the issue.

The appetite for total human energy consumption increases daily by x%.

That teeny tiny percentage is greater than the entire renewable energy industry’s output.

Green energy cannot even keep up with out growing demand, let alone replace our existing demand.

Theres no silver bullet, or at least i didn't find any in tje light skimming i did of your blog post.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-16 21:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-09-16 22:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
To Chanti's point, I've always said that the only way that "green" energy will ever take root in the U.S. is if it becomes cheaper and easier to produce than non-renewable energy.

That being said, extrapolated graphs from heavily biased sources are cute, but I wouldn't bank on them and neither should you.

I work at a financial institution who's customers are exclusively energy generation, transmission and distribution, these guys crunch these numbers all day. Renewable energy is only financially viable with the heavy tax incentives and those are structured to only apply to private companies exclusively selling that stuff. They were structured specifically to benefit private business's owned by progressives and it's really obvious when you see the numbers. Every few months we get someone asking why we're not investing into growing a renewable portfolio and the answer is that it simply wouldn't be profitable. At scale it's only usefulness is a sort of pyramid scheme where the initial "investors" get their money back by selling it at inflated value to someone else, who then sells it to someone else, until it's held by some 401K retirement fund that takes the hit when it doesn't work out.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-17 08:06:57
Link | Citer | R

ok Chanti lets put these two together.

If theres never going to be enough green energy to replace conventional energy, AND the only way to replace conventional energy with green energy is to tax conventional energy through the roof, THEN what kind of lifestyle/standard of living will we have when we no longer use conventional energy in the new green communist utopia?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-17 09:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Sean Spicer’s Wardrobe on Dancing With the Stars Isn’t Sufficient Payback for His Sins, but It’s a Start
Slate

I will respond to the comments on my energy posting later when I stop laughing.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-17 10:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Sean Spicer’s Wardrobe on Dancing With the Stars Isn’t Sufficient Payback for His Sins, but It’s a Start
Slate

I will respond to the comments on my energy posting later when I stop laughing.

I don't know what you are talking about I"m wearing the same shirt he is wearing...it's my Tuesday shirt.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-09-17 10:33:40
Link | Citer | R

There are wind farms not too far from me and my limited knowledge of windy makes believe. That just 4 windmills can power most of my state.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-09-17 12:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Lefties are obsessed with bullying their opponents into submission.

Intolerant and hateful. Just like all bullies.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-17 16:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Natural gas plants are supposed to pay off in 20 - 30 years of a 40 - 60 year lifespan.

Renewables are currently cheaper to produce. Other than solar concentrator plants they do have a shorter lifespan and also a shorter pay off period.

Asura.Saevel said: »
I work at a financial institution who's customers are exclusively energy generation, transmission and distribution, these guys crunch these numbers all day. Renewable energy is only financially viable with the heavy tax incentives and those are structured to only apply to private companies exclusively selling that stuff. They were structured specifically to benefit private business's owned by progressives and it's really obvious when you see the numbers. Every few months we get someone asking why we're not investing into growing a renewable portfolio and the answer is that it simply wouldn't be profitable. At scale it's only usefulness is a sort of pyramid scheme where the initial "investors" get their money back by selling it at inflated value to someone else, who then sells it to someone else, until it's held by some 401K retirement fund that takes the hit when it doesn't work out.
Umm... Coal, oil, and natural gas are subsidized far more heavily than renewables.

Ask your customers what the price of gasoline would be without subsidies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-09-17 18:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Renewables are currently cheaper to produce. Other than solar concentrator plants they do have a shorter lifespan and also a shorter pay off period.

Renewables can't even come close to providing all of our electricity needs right now, so the point is kinda moot.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-17 18:33:16
Link | Citer | R

And then there is this interesting study:

Farming under solar panels saves water and creates energy
futurity.org

Quote:
Farming crops under solar panels, a process called agrivoltaics, can boost food production, water savings, and the efficiency of electricity production, researchers report.
I live in dryland farming country, water retention is BIG.

P.S. You can run solar under wind turbines ...
By Nausi 2019-09-17 19:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Umm... Coal, oil, and natural gas are subsidized far more heavily than renewables.
This is not true. Not in any objective way. Maybe in total dollars, but when one side of the seesaw represents 95% of the total you expect the total pile subsidizing it to be bigger than the pile subsidizing the other 5%.

Renewables are not cheaper than conventional methods not in cost per watt, not in space, not at all. The only reason they are is because conventional means are more greatly taxed and regulated.
By fonewear 2019-09-17 19:33:43
Link | Citer | R

There's enough hot air in this thread to provide energy for the next 10,000 years.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-09-17 20:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-09-17 23:18:00
Link | Citer | R

No they aren't, not even remotely close.

I've seen the numbers for electricity generation, transmission and distribution. Generally your power production is broken into two separate entities, Generation and Transmission G&T and then Distribution, over 90% of the "power companies" are actually "Power Distribution" companies who buy power on the market from the G&T folks. We make the loans to over 70% of the power companies in the USA and virtually 100% of the rural markets. The "US GOBERMENT SUBSIDIZES MUH EVIL GAS!" is actually talking about RUS loans and other forms of cheap money for capital investments. Those are only available to rural america, you know those red states full of deplorable's you despise. It's something the US government does to encourage rural development by making it cheaper to build and upgrade infrastructure.

Here's the catch, RUS loans come with a huge approval time, six to eighteen months worth along with a bunch of strings attached. Due to this those rural companies instead like to make bridge loans through us where we loan them the millions they need, and then when the paperwork is finished it's transitioned to RUS similar to how refinancing works.

The only place ill informed liberals like Chanti and friends like to invent "GOBERMENT SUBSIDIZED EVIL GAS MAN" is by swapping out European governments for the US. The US Federal government doesn't tax gasoline sales just like it doesn't have any other sales tax. It leaves it up to the states to handle that. Other countries have massive 50% ~ 100% tax on fuel which cause's the consumer price to skyrocket, those governments then use those funds to buy votes and it's called "green".

But please tell someone who happens to work on the money side of electricity generation (cause hey they need engineers too) that your totally woke on the financial aspects of how it works.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-09-17 23:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
This is not true. Not in any objective way. Maybe in total dollars, but when one side of the seesaw represents 95% of the total you expect the total pile subsidizing it to be bigger than the pile subsidizing the other 5%.

Renewables are not cheaper than conventional methods not in cost per watt, not in space, not at all. The only reason they are is because conventional means are more greatly taxed and regulated.

There are two instances where "renewables" make sense, first is where geography greatly favors them. Hydroelectric and geothermal and big examples of this with lots of success. The other is where there's virtually no opportunity cost, think solar rooftops in hot locations. They provide the most power when we're using the most air conditioning so act as an efficiency measure to reduce consumption. We actually provide a financial product to assist our customers with analyzing the cost model of this path and help predict the ROI and how the loans should be structured.

It's crazy how much data we have on this, something like 30 or 40 metrics are used for monthly reports, and once a year we do a ginormous one that's over 240 metrics and the size of an encyclopedia. Covers every category of business unit, every size, every situation and is a huge benefit in financial planning.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 198 199 200