Quitting
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-05-01 08:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Any recommendations on making sure you quit 11 for good? Some new life and medical issues have come up. I feel it’s getting very close for me. I’ve been told deleting your account or dropping REMA. I know this is a dumb question to people but I’m getting close to being done mentally. Only things left I was interested in doing is finishing off 15/15 relic afterglow(I’m bored I Dano), making at least 1 mythic per my 4 accounts(assaults annoy me),finish bonecraft final crafting shield (no motivation) and level all 32 mules go 99 spam trove see what drops me or an item(so much time.)You can troll this if you want but I am looking for some serious responses. Either way if I like or dislike you. If I love or hate you everyone has been a riot and amazing at keeping this game alive for me while it lasted.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-01 09:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Don't delete anything. Just deactivate.

If you want to quit for good, play another game, best if it's a time-sink like another MMO. 14 is good, but there's lots of options out there.

But if you ever feel like coming back, by deactivating you at least get to keep everything you did before, and can come back easier than starting from scratch. Also, if you come back and want to start fresh, by not deleting everything, you can make it a little bit easier to get back in the game by moving stuff that can be boxed to another linked account.

But don't delete anything. If you never come back, then deactivation = delete, but if you do come back, you can't get back what you deleted.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-01 09:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Or if you really want to ensure to stop playing do what I'm gonna do eventually.

Just spam yell with some ***and get yourself perma banned.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-01 09:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I agree with this. I thought I was perma-done in 2012. I started back up in late 2018. life is long and weird. you never really know how you'll feel in 5 years, or 10, ect.

unless of course your medical issues are that you are dying, in which case I'd go eat a ton of different foods and try to smash as much as possible.

good luck either way.
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-05-01 09:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Apologies if this is frowned upon/not allowed in forums, but is selling your accounts an option? Pocket a few grand and move on to other things. Sounds like you have some solid accounts. No chance you would return after that.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-01 09:40:49
Link | Citer | R

sell your account and use the money for medical expenses or anything else you'd like.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-01 09:41:56
Link | Citer | R

people still buy accounts for this game? that's crazy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-01 09:43:01
Link | Citer | R

If you truly want to make sure you quit for good, fill it with a new hobby or game. Deleting your chars, dropping your items is equivalent to being banned, and most of those folk(including myself) end up back. Selling your account may be good for the money, but most of the people who do that end up back too.

No amount of getting banned made me quit, but getting into home improvement and overwatch has reduced my non-rmt playtime to effectively 0.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-05-01 09:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Tossing or deleting stuff won't exactly keep you away, especially if you get satisfaction from setting and completing goals like it sounds like you do. Starting over would just mean a lot more stuff to (re)do, and get a sense of accomplishment from all over again.

To me, it's more getting enough distance from it to be objective. It's easy to get wrapped up in games (or plenty of other things) to the point that you see them as a lot more important than they really are. The less the game matters to you, the easier it'll be to stay quit.
For plenty of folks, interests shifted or life happened to do that without a deliberate effort. So, take that as a model of what you'd want to do. Maybe that'd be a different game, or a different hobby altogether, but something that'd occupy the time and mental energy that you currently spend on XI.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-05-01 09:56:11
Link | Citer | R

deactivate, walk away, be content with what you achieve. no need to self destroy the account, and cherish the time spent.
just dont let nostalgia hit you.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-01 09:57:36
Link | Citer | R

I quit and comeback all the time. I wouldn't recommend dropping your stuff.
[+]
By Luminiferous 2019-05-01 10:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Life is gonna happen, so do your best to deactivate and walk away. As others have stated, if you have the opportunity, pick up a new hobby as it sounds like you don't need another game right now.

Who knows, maybe in 3 years there will be new content in this game. Maybe not. But at least you'll be able to better enjoy it if you can distract yourself with another self-fulfilling purpose until that time comes. Either way, best of luck to you.
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

If you want to quit for good, play another game, best if it's a time-sink like another MMO. 14 is good, but there's lots of options out there.

But if you ever feel like coming back, by deactivating you at least get to keep everything you did before, and can come back easier than starting from scratch. Also, if you come back and want to start fresh, by not deleting everything, you can make it a little bit easier to get back in the game by moving stuff that can be boxed to another linked account.

But don't delete anything. If you never come back, then deactivation = delete, but if you do come back, you can't get back what you deleted.

I agree with this many years ago I deleted a really nice character instead of just deactivating...

If you delete your character you will regret it.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
people still buy accounts for this game? that's crazy.

Not that we can discuss it on a third rate hack forum...but you would be shocked at how much some of these "things" go for.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Also you should come to Asura you can troll noobs and piss off mercs etc. Good times ! Join me and my terrible linkshell that doesn't do anything !

But seriously server transfer was best thing I ever did.

To me it was a fresh start on a server that was dead and boring. It felt like playing FFXI all over again. New players new linkshell new everything.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-05-01 10:11:20
Link | Citer | R

Why I will not come back to ffxi:

I quit in early 2013.
My character is gone... that much I don’t mind.
The part that bothers me though, is I had a Kraken Club after 3 years of crafting/farming... and that thing was SO FUN!
It spoiled the game for me. BST/DNC was my JAM. Imagine having Meikyo Shisui, but all the time.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-05-01 10:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Any recommendations on making sure you quit 11 for good? Some new life and medical issues have come up. I feel it’s getting very close for me. I’ve been told deleting your account or dropping REMA. I know this is a dumb question to people but I’m getting close to being done mentally. Only things left I was interested in doing is finishing off 15/15 relic afterglow(I’m bored I Dano), making at least 1 mythic per my 4 accounts(assaults annoy me),finish bonecraft final crafting shield (no motivation) and level all 32 mules go 99 spam trove see what drops me or an item(so much time.)You can troll this if you want but I am looking for some serious responses. Either way if I like or dislike you. If I love or hate you everyone has been a riot and amazing at keeping this game alive for me while it lasted.
keep the game play casually, if u ever return, There might be an expansion dont be harsh on urself.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-05-01 10:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to hear that Drakenv, glad we got to meet up and do some Omens together! If you ever wanna give all your Gil and items away, I’m always here! But for real tho hope the medical stuff isn’t too overbearing and you can push through <3
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:47:26
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say I quit FFXI but I do take long breaks like two or three month breaks.

Then when I come back it feels like I have stuff to do in game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-01 10:49:59
Link | Citer | R

I "quit" about 2 years ago. Will I come back? Highly unlikely because I'm into 14 right now. Does that mean I will never come back? No, because I'm no fortune reader, I can't see what's in the future.

And if I could, I wouldn't waste it on anything other than stocks and lottery.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:50:01
Link | Citer | R

It is blasphemy on this website but FFXIV is very fun in short doses. Say you play FFXIV for 3 months get bored go back to FFXI.

Also I hear going outside to ride a bicycle is fun...I wouldn't know I've been living in an underground fallout shelter for the past 20 years....sunlight would probably kill me.

Where I live it is finally starting to get warm enough to go outside and burn off all those Doritos and Mt Dew.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-01 10:52:38
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Also I hear going outside to ride a bicycle is fun
[+]
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Worst part about reality is all the fat people...no I don't have a mirror in my house thanks for asking.
By fonewear 2019-05-01 10:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Also the graphics in reality aren't as good as the PS2 graphics of FFXI.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-01 10:56:30
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Worst part about reality is all the fat people
I think stupid trumps fat.

You can "cure" fat by exercise/diet. You can't cure stupid.

Well, not without a shotgun that is.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2019-05-01 10:57:35
Link | Citer | R

just deactivate would be what i would do.
everyone needs a break at some point.

i've been perma'd like 8? times i think and ***i'm still playing lol.
i have to much fun with the ppl's i've known close to half my life to stop playing.
as for the things you want to do i'd just find someone doing them as well.
assaults bore / bug the crap out of me but they tend to make ppl want to group up for them and thats when the fun comes in.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-05-01 11:07:13
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
I quit and comeback all the time. I wouldn't recommend dropping your stuff.

Yeah, like, take a few weeks off and you might find you don't really feel like playing when you're not under this self-inflicted pressure to play every day. Then if you get the itch once every couple of months, you can just come back, pick up where you left off, and leave again when you feel like it.

The trick - and this will run counter to everything everyone's ever told you about finding value in this game - is to avoid being a player that other players rely upon. If nobody really NEEDS you for anything, you can't trick yourself into thinking it will matter to anybody if you don't log in today.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tewfpick
By Asura.Tewfpick 2019-05-01 11:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Definitely don't delete anything. Drop all your subs, take a nice break, and find something else to do for a little bit. You may find that your life is enriched by something else, or you may come to the conclusion that XI = life.

Sounds like you've done a lot in the game, accomplished much, so you ultimately have to decide where your end-game is, and make a hard stop. Stopping your subs is the first step, to XI-recovery...
First Page 2 3 4