Current Most Active Server?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » current most active server?
current most active server?
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Lordhalo
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: lordhalo
By Caitsith.Lordhalo 2019-04-30 01:09:43
Link | Citer | R

coming back to life lol. curious whats the most active server as far as population and serious players. thanks
By Angenard 2019-04-30 01:24:36
Link | Citer | R

You dun goofed bro, you just lit the "Asura" signal. Asura vs the other vanadiel servers. Choose your poison amigo! I hope you find a good home and most importantly, have fun!
[+]
By kishr 2019-04-30 01:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura > rest
 Asura.Syto
Serveur: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-04-30 01:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura? hmmm...... ^_^

YouTube Video Placeholder

yeah we are pretty active..
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-04-30 01:50:29
Link | Citer | R

1. Asura - mercs, mercenaries, and more people who sell stuff.
2. Odin - 2nd most populated (more JPS tho)
3. Bahamut - Next most populated (more NA imo)
4. Other servers and their respective private groups.
5. Purgatory - where people can’t decide if they wanna return.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-30 02:21:26
Link | Citer | R

No! dont come to asura, were packed to capacity and dont need anymore people making it more laggy. go to odin or some other server.

Do you want to get camped on? No cp spots available, wanna do a quick ambu? NOPE 30min-1hr wait, wanna do einjar? prepare to out click 10+ other people doing the same thing. want to make a gear farm run? Nope people buy gear here. seriously dont come to asura, Bigger population does not mean its better. especially when SE is using 2003 servers that can barely handle asuras load as is.
[+]
 Caitsith.Lordhalo
Serveur: Caitsith
user: lordhalo
By Caitsith.Lordhalo 2019-04-30 03:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Thanks I will give it some thought. Ive been away since 2015 so i have some research to do as far as upgrading my relics to 99 assuming they are worth upgrading still so whatever server I end up on at first won’t be too important but when ready I’ll be moving to the most ideal server for what I need. Was on ragnarok before so not sure if I pick a new off start or just get placed . Currently doing the lengthy updates so I have time to do a bit of looking. Is Excalibur and/ or aegis worth a damn anymore is pld even used ? I have about many 99s so not overly concerned but curious to know if I should restart another more suitable
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-30 03:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Relics are far easier to make now then ever before. Aegis is still BiS slot on pld for 'most' things. Excalibur is ok, but there are better Swords. Pld is used on things that require High Hp, high enmity control, and high -Pdt.

Where as the 'new' tank of Rune Fencer has more burst enmity options, being better at content with hate resets, enemy magic-spam, fights with a lot of enfeebles, and (if needed) if the party needs the Run to do DD.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-30 06:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Chaostaru is not exactly painting a full picture, not that I don't get where they're coming from.

During CP bonus months, Dho Gates gets crowded. That's not to say there aren't camps anywhere if you're resourceful (perhaps not in Dho Gates?). Non-CP months, it's rarely hard to find a camp, unless it's Saturday night, prime time. Ambu always has a wait, for sure. Is it always 30m to an hour? Hardly, unless you need to cap your points week 1. Do we have a sad, overwrought mercing culture? We certainly do. You'll see more yells to buy JP these days then you will see actual CP parties. The flip side of that? There's way more PUG groups on Asura than any other server. The flip side of THAT? For stuff like Aeonics, everyone wants a Nirvana SMN and Idris GEO to avoid doing any actual work in setting up a party. If you're motivated to set up your own group, though, it's not hard to find takers. Yells for midboss clears in Dyna are still fairly common and even brain-dead groups can get through the midboss. Omen shouts are still common, if you have the right job for the boss. (No idea what the PUG scene is like for those on other servers.)

That all said, if I wasn't a lifetime Asuran, I'd move servers in a heartbeat. I fully endorse advocating Bahamut as the go-to non-overpopulated server. I do see more people from Bahamut than elsewhere, other than Asura. (Odin is way too Japanese, so I wouldn't consider it.)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-30 09:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Lordhalo said: »
coming back to life lol. curious whats the most active server as far as population and serious players. thanks

Oh, this won't end well...

Please don't come to Asura RIGHT BEFORE CP Campaign. We're trying to move people out.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-30 09:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Don't go to Asura unless:

1. You contribute to the drama.
2. You solo Ambuscade VE for 30 minutes at a time.
3. You main WHM but insist on going as NIN 99% of the time.
4. You shout for help for Omen, then merc the remaining spots left.
[+]
 Asura.Grievance
user: ringly
By Asura.Grievance 2019-04-30 09:23:36
Link | Citer | R

There’s a storm brewing. Really , don’t come to Asura. It’s way overboard here.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-30 09:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
2. You solo Ambuscade VE for 30 minutes at a time.

Hilarious. The other day, I needed a seal, but the line was like 14. So I queued VE, then proceeded to cook dinner for the fam, took a shower, cleaned up my basement, and then remembered that I was in Ambuscade. It was at least a good 45 minutes away from my PC. I came back to my PC and beat VE with about 2 minutes left.

/bow
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-30 10:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura Players, 2014 to 2018 said:
Come to Asura. Anywhere else isn't even a real MMO! You gotta be here or you're nothing!

Asura Players, 2019 said:
Please, stop. No more of you. We can't handle any more. It's like Disney on spring break, I can taste the sweat rolling off the guy next to me. I've been in line for space mountain ambuscade VE for 3 hours now.

On a more serious note, if you don't know anyone you'll have a hard time establishing yourself anywhere besides Asura/Bahamut because of the years these same people spent telling everyone to come to Asura and emptying out the smaller servers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cortez
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-04-30 10:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
No! dont come to asura, were packed to capacity and dont need anymore people making it more laggy. go to odin or some other server.

Do you want to get camped on? No cp spots available, wanna do a quick ambu? NOPE 30min-1hr wait, wanna do einjar? prepare to out click 10+ other people doing the same thing. want to make a gear farm run? Nope people buy gear here. seriously dont come to asura, Bigger population does not mean its better. especially when SE is using 2003 servers that can barely handle asuras load as is.

The difference on smaller servers, I recently came to Asura from Sylph, is that there are days that go by without any meaningful shouts for ambu or cp etc.

So the real decision tree is:
Do you want a lot of options but have to compete for space and wait times?
Do you want hardly any options but don’t have to compete for space or wait times.

If your availability is sporadic then option 1, go to Asura, is probably the best.
If you have time to heavily invest into a LS and have connections to get into the 1-3 LSs on smaller servers that actually do end game content, then the second option is probably the best.

It is important to note that virtually everyone on those smaller servers compete to get into the few LSs that do stuff. Be prepared to have 4 song bard, idris, yagrush to get into those shells.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-04-30 10:54:19
Link | Citer | R

I moved to Asura about three years ago and I don't regret it. Whenever I log in the server population is steady at around 2200-2400, but you have to take into consideration that there's a bunch of RMT accounts in various zones botting for synthesis shield materials. I recently stumbled upon them when I went on an artifact coffer run to get my base pieces for a new job. There must have been 30 anons farming wights in Eldieme Necropolis alone. When you factor them out of the "active" playerbase the numbers are going to line up with what a traditional server had back in the 75 era much more closely.

Getting into ambuscade can be a real problem some days, but that's the only content I feel like the population really blocks off. Capacity points farming can be an issue some days too, but getting CP points on my jobs now is no worse than meriting back at colibri or mamool was at 75. It's easily doable. I have a good social shell that does regular dynamis and routinely clears wave 1 and 2, getting into omen is easy whether it be solo for stalwart crystals or in a group for boss runs, escha and resinjima Nms aren't a challenge to access, and farming for gil is pretty easy with my thief.

I much prefer Asura over my old home because stuff actually HAPPENS in shout, and getting stuff done via PUG events is pretty easy. The drama is ever present, but I just filter shout and yells if I don't wanna see them. It's really not that hard to ignore...
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-30 11:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
It is important to note that virtually everyone on those smaller servers compete to get into the few LSs that do stuff. Be prepared to have 4 song bard, idris, yagrush to get into those shells.

I don't have any of these things and in past 4 years I haven't get rejected on any small server endgame ls.....yet. and I do think people who try to get into endgame ls on small server by sending out "hey I have X job/gear" tell like sending out an indeed resume is doing wrong. Most established, resourceful and successful ls rarely need these things, maybe except really rare job like Rema brd.

Many small server has large social ls that accepts everyone, and many endgame ls leader/officer/core member tend to wear these social ls pearls as pearl No.2. Then when they are short on members for ambuscade/dyna D they would recruit directly from these social ls first.

So the best way to get into endgame ls as a returning player is to start in large social ls 1st and build connections with serious player from there. Once you get into 1 endgame ls it opens the door to more(and better) endgame ls by building connections with people in it since they all wear 2 pearls for different endgame ls.

There are like 3-4 endgame ls on small server and since many member wears pearl of 2 of them, it's very easy to quickly build connection with every endgame ls from entire server regardless of their skill lv. If you have the performance to back it up and not a *** to play with you can literally pick any ls that you want to join at that point.

I Also think joining ls requires less time investment than doing endgame with PUG. Many endgame content such as ambu or dyna D really isn't PUG efficient because of KI lockout and trial & error required. You CAN do It, but you are likely to spend more time on looking and repping people with everybody come and go.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-30 11:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Aren’t you a cor one trick? Genuinely asking. That’s what I’ve heard.
By fonewear 2019-04-30 11:30:17
Link | Citer | R

This thread has potential.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-30 11:33:14
Link | Citer | R

If you want to see a dead server go to Phoenix. You could go hours and hours without seeing much of anything.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-30 11:35:20
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »

I don't have any of these things and in past 4 years I haven't get rejected on any small server endgame ls.....yet. and I do think people who try to get into endgame ls on small server by sending out "hey I have X job/gear" tell like sending out an indeed resume is doing wrong. Most established, resourceful and successful ls rarely need these things, maybe except really rare job like Rema brd.

Many small server has large social ls that accepts everyone, and many endgame ls leader/officer/core member tend to wear these social ls pearls as pearl No.2. Then when they are short on members for ambuscade/dyna D they would recruit directly from these social ls first.

So the best way to get into endgame ls as a returning player is to start in large social ls 1st and build connections with serious player from there. Once you get into 1 endgame ls it opens the door to more(and better) endgame ls by building connections with people in it since they all wear 2 pearls for different endgame ls.

There are like 3-4 endgame ls on small server and since many member wears pearl of 2 of them, it's very easy to quickly build connection with every endgame ls from entire server regardless of their skill lv. If you have the performance to back it up and not a *** to play with you can literally pick any ls that you want to join at that point.

I Also think joining ls requires less time investment than doing endgame with PUG. Many endgame content such as ambu or dyna D really isn't PUG efficient because of KI lockout and trial & error required. You CAN do It, but you are likely to spend more time on looking and repping people with everybody come and go.

A lot true here. Yes, having some of those shinies will help anyone get involved in endgame groups on likely any server, but the name of the game these days is all about versatility. Love your WAR? That's great, but be able to come and play properly GEO or WHM or BRD because DDs are literally a dime a dozen, even maxxed out ones.

I'd always prefer to get aligned with a competent shell with a set schedule of events vs a constant life of pickup groups. And honestly, that's probably the decision you need to make. Would you prefer a set schedule of events where you know if you log on Tuesdays at 9PM XYZ is going on, or prefer the spontaneity of jumping on game and having something to do when you get a free moment? If you prefer the schedule lifestyle, many servers will provide you with a solid home, and carrying two pearls (an event and a social that will do minor events as needed/requested) is definitely a standard.

Best of luck. and know that these days most people on smaller servers will group up with like-minded individuals for events 3-5 times/week and then fill their other time with solo farming or the occasional PuG.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-04-30 14:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Come to Asura and type vulgar things in yell all day long
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-30 14:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
Aren’t you a cor one trick? Genuinely asking. That’s what I’ve heard.

What's a cor one trick lol. I'm mostly a theory crafter that experiment builds/playstyle/pt setup with interesting mechanics.

I play for exploration and it doesn't have to be cor......
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-30 14:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Please don't come to Asura, thanks!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-30 15:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Someone really needs to lead the charge for another server. Wouldn't take that much effort to turn odin into "the better asura"
By soralin 2019-04-30 15:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura is a great place to come to if you have something you want to buy, or something you want to sell.

Asura is not a great place to go to if you don't want to deal with:

* Hitting attack and waiting 3 seconds for your character to draw their weapon

* Watching your character run around with their weapon still drawn 20 seconds after the monster died.

* Seeing your characters HP hit 0, and then waiting 30 seconds before you get the death animation so you can accept your raise.

* Joining groups to do content and realizing 3/6 of your party are just bots or alts that don't contribute much and just leech

* Getting literally anything done in spots where you have to contend with competition. Good luck beating steve and his army of 4~7 bots.

Asura is great though if:

* You hate having to wait hours for stuff to happen. Things move fast.

* You hate having items for sale that just refuse to move

* You like /popcorn'ing at people being idiots in /yell all day at each other.

* Especially if you like being one of those idiots!

I have alts on other servers and I can confirm the packet dropping is a super real problem only on Asura. Even in zones where there arent many people, it still happens.

Other day I was in Horoto ruins and /sea showed just me in the zone, still had pretty rough lag on hitting attack and character taking a hot minute to draw their weapon.

And not from animation locking either.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-04-30 15:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Packet loss happens but I don't think it's *that* big of an issue. I only really notice it in dynamis when the occasional mob takes 10-15 seconds to de spawn after its already dead with 1-5% HP bar seemingly intact. But I've heard dynamis has its own problems and that specific situation may be more than just normal packet loss. Other than that it doesn't impact my gameplay in any noticable way, although I will say that getting animation locked DOES feel a lot worse on Asura than other servers, but that's also a rare occurrence and I only notice it a few times a week or so. It's.... really not that big of a deal to me.

The alternative was my old server where there were 500-600 people online during NA prime hours most evenings. My social shell had all but evaporated and you could go days at a time without any PUG activity in shout. And then when shouts DID happen they were almost always in native Japaneese.... and I have no idea how to read those symbols. It felt barren and lonely. I don't miss THAT one bit.
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-04-30 16:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva isn't much of a GMT server (400-500 with most afk) but it's a decent "middle of the road" server during NA prime time.

Last night there were between 650 and 700 online. During JP prime time that number goes up to between 800-900.

Is Shiva dead compared to Asura? Of course it is if you base it entirely on /yell activity. But it's far from a ghost town, and there are some very good Newbie/Returning shells with veterans that enjoy helping people get caught up, and it's done FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, that's a jab at Asura and it's massive and very well deserved "mercenary" reputation.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-30 17:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Jdove said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
yes!!! yes!! and yes!!!! much better than a ghost town

Doesnt need to be a ghost town, odin and bahamut are viable options with out negatively impacting 2500+ accounts as-well as your own.
First Page 2