New to RUN LUA
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Joltz
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: joltz18
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-04-25 08:33:26
Link | Citer | R

SO! i've been told if i'm going to tank with /blu that my blu spells should be in a SIRD set...so i've been looking around at the current lua's out there, but i've noticed something...all the blu spells are linked to an emnity set...which yes i get why, but if i can't cast them properly (aquaviel getting removed almost instantly in Dyna D) how do i use them WITHOUT SIRD? Also, is there a way to change the fact they cast in emnity set TO SIRD? If there is, can someone show me how to do that?
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-25 10:13:14
Link | Citer | R

I used SIRD for Geist Wall, Sheep Song, and Cocoon. But I use my enmity set for Blank Gaze & Jettatura.

https://pastebin.com/h12CLJyq

You can see I set up the spell list on line 63. Then the actual swapping logic is at line 632-633. If the spell is in the interrupt list, it equips my SIRD set, otherwise it falls back to the normal midcast logic.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-04-25 10:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Personally I have a toggle for enmity/SIRD but end up using enmity 99% of the times because either battuta is up, I have aquaveil or I'll time my spells right after a mob attack (with enough FC they will go off before the next attack). Only case I can see SIRD being useful is if you have bunch of mobs on you from all directions (e.g. omen mobs gathering) but then again they are usually slept quickly and can cast without issues in enmity.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-04-25 11:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Personally I have a toggle for enmity/SIRD but end up using enmity 99% of the times because either battuta is up, I have aquaveil or I'll time my spells right after a mob attack (with enough FC they will go off before the next attack). Only case I can see SIRD being useful is if you have bunch of mobs on you from all directions (e.g. omen mobs gathering) but then again they are usually slept quickly and can cast without issues in enmity.
This is me on RUN. I have an SIRD set, and a toggle for it, but end up using plain enmity+ nearly all the time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joltz
user: joltz18
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-04-26 04:27:50
Link | Citer | R

how do you guys NOT get interrupted in dyna D? still trying to figure this all out as i'm goin from PUP to RUN lol i've never had to worry about a SIRD set, just a pet enmity set. am i missing something?
By Nariont 2019-04-26 04:30:21
Link | Citer | R

aquaveil+timing, SIRD for large pulls that consist of mostly melees as the hits can vary in timing during those, though like omen they should be slept pretty quickly unless its jeuno
 Siren.Attaxia
Serveur: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2019-04-26 04:51:55
Link | Citer | R

SIRD/Enmity toggles? So is SIRD beneficial in midcast?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 05:35:10
Link | Citer | R

I think there's a lot of bad advice in this thread. Think about the mechanics of a dynamis pull on RUN.

Most people fall back to blue mage sub, which is actually terrible all things considered. It's slightly easier for new players to adapt to, but the strongest and most effective RUN tank won't use /blu because sitting there casting away is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Think about the problem from a different angle: Use /drk.

Primary single-target hate tools:
1. Flash
2. Stun
3. Foil
4. Last Resort
5. Souleater
6. Your DPS (This is arguably the most important when tanking against high tier DD.)

AoE hate tools:
1. Poisonga (claim)
2. Foil
3. All JAs (AoE JAs which affect party members will generate more enmity)

Techniques:

Statue Pulls in Open/Non-linking Area:
Open with Flash at 5~10 yalms. Wait 0.5~1s (Can't hit adds with poisonga for a second after spawn). Cast Poisonga. Cast Foil. If interrupted, use a job ability (Last Resort, Souleater, Valliance, One for All). Proceed to use foil on CD and do large amount of damage using your Hybrid set.

Statue Pulls in Close/Linking Areas:
(If your group is badass and can handle 4-6 statues at once like ours, just face pull and poisonga/foil/ja like you would in an open single pull. Use battuta if you pull a bunch, don't be a chump and die.)

Instruct your DD not to engage until the mobs have migrated to you. At max cast distance, cast Flash to spawn adds. Wait until adds path far enough back, then go about your business using Poisonga, etc.

Random fact: If you're not able to get a poisonga off, use shockwave - the range is big and achieves the same effect

For all of Wave 1 and Wave 2, you can be in your Hybrid set and throwing out comparable damage very easily.

Wave 3 pack pulls:
Prepare your group, you will need to pull the groups back at least 15~20 yalms, they need to know where to set geo bubbles, etc.
After your group is prepared, flash the first target the group will engage. When the mobs are out of range of the circle, poisonga ASAP. You don't want to get stuck casting on Wave 3 pulls. Instead of using foil, you need to use JAs to generate most of your enmity.

If you get stuck in a casting set, use a Rune Enchantment quickly to force your gear back to idle / engaged DT state.

Tanking with sub DRK will improve your hate on Wave 3 and reduce your exposure to getting 1-shot by stupid ***because you got caught in a casting set like a dipshit. It requires more effort than mindlessly spamming geist wall and jettatura though, so take that as you will.
[+]
By Taint 2019-04-26 05:48:41
Link | Citer | R

100% agree Shozo. /DRK only for me ever.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-04-26 07:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
100% agree Shozo. /DRK only for me ever.

Same for me, I find it better in both any tanking and dps situation.

/DRK 4 Lyfe
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-26 09:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Most of that post is accurate, but there are other alternatives not being considered as well. Your casting set doesn't -have- to be the maximum possible enmity to hold hate, especially on side targets. If you're scared of being one shot, you can use a set that has DT, HP, and still has a substantial amount of enmity left over. A set with +50 enmity and crusade active is giving almost 4/5 as much hate as a set with +100 enmity and crusade active.

Much of what would one shot you in wave 3 is physical, cocoon is a substantial boost to survivability. Tanking with /drk will improve your damage in wave1/wave2, and it will increase your hate in wave3, but it's certainly possible to maintain a higher level of survivability while still holding hate on /blu. It's just a matter of adjusting your sets accordingly and timing your casts.

I don't really agree with the posturing about /drk being harder, they're both pretty simple concepts. /blu requires more thought into the sets and more timing for casts, unless you're one of the idiots casting in SIRD and getting destroyed in the process. I would still agree /drk is better, at least if you have an Epeo.

Edit: Something like this is rocking 60 enmity before weapon/grip, capped PDT, and enough DT to cap magic with shell and provide some protection from breath. It also keeps you around 3k hp as a galka, but if you prioritize HP more you could certainly swap the ears/ammo/waist for higher hp pieces without compromising much.

ItemSet 352375
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 09:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Much of what would one shot you in wave 3 is physical, cocoon is a substantial boost to survivability.

The DR by the time Cocoon is applies makes it next to worthless on Wave 3.

it's certainly possible to maintain a higher level of survivability while still holding hate on /blu. It's just a matter of adjusting your sets accordingly and timing your casts.

When you sacrifice enmity for HP, SIRD, or DT stats - you're gimping yourself and intrinsically gimping your melee. Against strong DD, I can tell you from experience, that you will lose hate very easily. One VE spike is all it takes. Your only job is to prevent Wave 3 mobs from turning on your DD when they're dropping 60k Insurgencies back to back. As someone who's played DRK in this fashion with a tank who was doing this - it's really really *** annoying, you're going to die A LOT (yes, even with capped PDT). It's never ok to justify bad choice because something can work in a mediocre setting. Just work a little harder for the best result.

The difference between an ok RUN and a Golden RUN GOD is sub job choice and play style. I've bread the blue mage out of all our RUNs at this point and things have definitely improved overall.

I don't really agree with the posturing about /drk being harder, they're both pretty simple concepts.

It requires more thinking and planning about your pull. You can't just mindlessly spam Geist Wall. If you want to do that ***, go play paladin.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-26 09:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Cocoon isn't in the same part of the damage calculation as DR, it stacks excellent with phalanx, DT, and wilt. Your initial VE spike is all you need. If your DPS are dropping 60k ws the mob would be dead after each DPS weaponskilled once and the back to back wouldn't even apply.

I'm not arguing /blu is the ideal way to play it, I even said in my own post that /drk is better. I'm saying that if you need to prioritize survivability(perhaps you can't afford a GEO for wilt, or the only RUN available has no epeolatry, or whatever), you shouldn't immediately write off /blu.

Using a set like the one in my last post as your midcast will not give visible enmity troubles even against top tier DPS. People overestimate the value of maxing every last slot, enmity is not like damage where every increase provides something. Either you're top of the list or you aren't.

With epeo and utu or refined grip, you're comparing:
130(base+crusade)+83 = 213 enmity
to
130+118 = 248 enmity if you use the max possible enm on each slot(which will also cripple your HP)

16.4% more enmity per cast. Not game changing, BLU is ahead by the third cast while DRK is waiting on recasts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 09:50:01
Link | Citer | R

What's the point of your post other than to argue for argument's sake? I've seen RUN/BLU get smashed way more than RUN/DRK regardless of Cocoon (aka it's worthless). You're overly exposed ALL THE TIME, like I explained. Also, as soon as the first DPS weaponskills and turns the mob, the mob usually drops a hard WS of it's own. I've seen it literally hundreds of times.

Our group does not run geo-wilt or indi-barrier, or any form of damage reduction in wave 3.

RUN/DRK tanks wave 3 just fine with the JSE weapon. No matter what sub job, if you don't have Epeo you'll need extra buffs to prevent instant kills against ninjas and some of the harder hitting mobs.

And your set will absolutely give visible enmity troubles. If you haven't seen it yet, then you haven't spent enough time running with top tier DD. Look man, our RUNs tried to push run/blu because all the kiddies were bandwagoning for months. Even with max enmity, /blu is garbage for maintaining max hate. You're literally a watered down paladin with run/blu. Anytime I had to DD on something other than DRG with one of those guys main tanking - I knew it was going to suck butts and I'd have to be riding DT the whole time because I'm going to get smacked every time I WS.

Edit: These people don't have hate problems anymore at all. They all use RUN/DRK and I can go to town.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-26 10:04:23
Link | Citer | R

Cocoon is 50% defense. If you aren't using barrier, minne, knights roll(as I assume most people aren't), that amounts to a roughly 1/3 reduction in damage taken. If you're comparing cocoon up to last resort up, it's closer to a 1/2 reduction. It doesn't matter if it's calculated before or after DT, as multiplication is commutative.. you get the same result either way.

The point of my post is to illustrate that /BLU has value for less than perfect groups and situations, as I'm sure OP's is. It will keep hate, it will keep you alive. That's all a successful run requires out of it's tank. If you can DPS as well, that's great. If you fail to keep hate or fail to stay alive because you were trying to DPS it's not so great, and that's what happens when undergeared or undersupported players base their choices off what top groups do.

I'm not asking you to say /blu is better than /drk, as that's clearly not the case. /drk has a ton of benefits, particularly in wave 1 and wave 2, and is an all around more flexible sub. I'd also argue that /sam is often better than /blu. If you have an excellent support line and excellent gear yourself, there's very little reason to be caught on /blu.

But, to say it's is straight worse is blatant misinformation. A run/blu may play closer to a PLD, but it's still got superior hate generation and access to gambit/rayke. Lesser groups can benefit from using it, what's true in perfect gear with botted supports and healers is not necessarily true in an average situation with average gear.

You throw anecdotal evidence and absolute statements all you want, you've given no math to back it up. If a 16% shift in enmity generation is resulting in /blu hate loss, then the enmity loss from eating a single big WS or having a single spell interrupted would also result in /drk losing hate, as it would leave them at lower enmity amounts than the /blu in that situation. If enmity management is just so tight, throw dirge on your DPS and you won't have to worry about it in either case. Tiny cost to pay for the smoothness it affords.

You say /blu is 'overly exposed', but how? They have every defensive benefit /drk does, and an additional 1/3 to 1/2 reduction in physical damage taken from cocoon. Further, they have enough hate spells that they can afford to cast in a DT set and not even lose survivability while casting them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 10:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Aight man, I'm going to leave you with your opinions. You're wrong, but hey, if you want to play in the little league, have at it.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-26 10:39:21
Link | Citer | R

The only real advantage /DRK has for hate in Dynamis is that Poisonga AOE is larger than Geist Wall / Sheep Song, making it easier to make sure you get on the hate list for all mobs.

If your tanks were crappy before, and suddenly transformed into hate-holding tanks after changing to /DRK, then they probably just weren't even hitting all the mobs as /BLU. I've seen lots of oblivious RUNs who don't even realize they don't have hate on all the mobs. Sounds to me like you deal with a lot of oblivious RUNs. Don't blame /BLU for their shortcomings. It is THE best turtle tanking sub, for basically any situation.

Also, maybe consider getting off your high horse because your condescending attitude certainly isn't helping sell your point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-04-26 10:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Aight man, I'm going to leave you with your opinions. You're wrong, but hey, if you want to play in the little league, have at it.

I seriously cannot believe you just said that to him. You are an idiot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 11:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Also, maybe consider getting off your high horse because your condescending attitude certainly isn't helping sell your point.

Argued valid points. Backed up with 8 months of experience doing the content in question, learning, and in turn teaching how to play RUN at it's highest capacity. That's not a high horse, that's giving valid advice founded in real-world experience. Homeboy is just arguing to argue.

It is THE best turtle tanking sub, for basically any situation.

Because turtle tanks are so useful? Maybe your RUN/BLU was good 2 years ago, the meta shifted. Get over it. I wouldn't consider using RUN/BLU for any fight in the game.

If your tanks were crappy before, and suddenly transformed into hate-holding tanks after changing to /DRK, then they probably just weren't even hitting all the mobs as /BLU.

You're making the assumption that I was saying my tanks were crappy. They were good players or they wouldn't have been in my wave 3 progression groups. Because of all the bad information about RUN (like people still claiming run/blu is really good) that's out there and very few proponents of RUN/DRK on account of simpletons like you, it took us a while to figure out the optimal way to min/max the job/strategies.

I'll put this in terms as plain as possible. RUN/DRK changes the meta of what's possible in your alliances. You're no longer just trying to "hold hate and mitigate damage". Your job in the alliance is extremely important - you control the playing field. The faster/better you can control things, then subsequently dispatch of them, the better your alliance will do. When I tank on RUN I take complete control of everything that happens and part of how I do that is with the toolkit that RUN/DRK gives you. Wider ranges, more JAs for instant hate, beefy DPS, less time spent casting / sitting around, needing to keep up fewer buffs so you're not taking 20 minutes every pull (exaggeration obviously).

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I can't say his opinion is wrong (which is far less offensive), but you can call me an idiot? Just like if you don't buy HQ gear, or you don't build all the utility sets your job requires, this is another thing that sets aside casual players from people who are interested in maxing out both their gear and job proficiency.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-26 11:41:34
Link | Citer | R

You can rephrase it as many times as you want, but the truth is simple and easily substantiated by logic and math. Your argument is entirely anecdotal, you've made no attempt to use actual fact to dispel anything that's been said.

RUN/BLU has higher survivability and comparable hate generation, even when casting in capped DT to avoid your so-called risks.

RUN/DRK has higher damage output and a larger AOE tag.

There are situations where RUN/BLU is preferable, and while they may not exist for your particular linkshell, they certainly could for others reading. It's misleading and downright wrong to pretend RUN/DRK is end-all in all situations.

One particularly glaring example would be a setup based around RNG and CORs, or even worse, around BLMs. You can try to dedicate 3 buff jobs just to letting the RUN do a minimal amount of damage, or you can throw them in the off party on /blu, where all they'll need is haste/refresh from a RDM to fulfill their duties. It's a gross waste of resources to force /drk and DPS mode in a situation like that.

Before you say 'everyone good uses melee' or some other condescending and irrelevant remark, consider that not everyone abides by your standards of good, especially in 10-18 man content. Some groups might only be able to field a viable BLM setup, or only be able to field a viable RNG setup. Some might prefer them because it's what they enjoy.

If you're the RUN, your job is to enable your group in the best way possible, not force everyone to cater to you while you jerk off to your DPS. For some groups, that means subbing BLU and being a tank.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-04-26 11:46:51
Link | Citer | R

I can't say his opinion is wrong (which is far less offensive), but you can call me an idiot? Just like if you don't buy HQ gear, or you don't build all the utility sets your job requires, this is another thing that sets aside casual players from people who are interested in maxing out both their gear and job proficiency.

You are not an idiot because you disagree with him. In FFXI, everything is situational and he made a very sound argument for the situational usefulness of /BLU. You then proceeded to tell one of the most knowledgeable players in this game that he wants to play in the little league. That's what generated my idiot comment.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-26 12:06:54
Link | Citer | R

You are not an idiot because you disagree with him. In FFXI, everything is situational and he made a very sound argument for the situational usefulness of /BLU. You then proceeded to tell one of the most knowledgeable players in this game that he wants to play in the little league. That's what generated my idiot comment.

That's why I try not to argue with Comeatmebro, he definitely is a very good player, being the world's first to 6 box a master trial. He has the experience to back his ***up. Nothing but respect for what he's done to help me even though he doesn't know it lol.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-26 12:20:46
Link | Citer | R

It's clear you think your strategy is superior to all others, but you're the one making assumptions. You haven't seen anyone in this thread play, and yet you're telling them they're in the little league and playing the meta of 2 years ago. Your audacity is almost as astounding as the fact that you don't seem to realize how offensive your posts are.

My LS clears wave 3 with 11 characters and 30 minutes remaining. We've cleared wave 3 in all zones with all known strategies; manaburn, melee, and ranged. We've used both RUN/BLU and RUN/DRK, and settled on RUN/BLU as safer and more consistent. You're boasting about 8 months of experience in a thread with people who've been playing for over a decade.

You haven't made one solid argument this entire time for why /DRK is better. Just waxing poetic about how you can "control the playing field" so much better on /DRK despite it having less enmity generation tools and less defensive capability.

Listen, here's the bottom line, I'll say it because everyone knows it: You just want to melee while tanking. You enjoy it more than turtle tanking. It makes you feel like you contribute more. That's fine. I get it. Lots of people feel the same. If that's what makes you enjoy the game, awesome, do it. No one here is trying to stop you, but telling others their strategy is wrong or inferior, when it has OBJECTIVE, QUANTIFIABLE BENEFITS over /DRK, is idiocy.

Melee in Dyna[D] is particularly risky because of the extra lag there. People get hit in weaponskill sets all the time. So go ahead and melee your heart out, but I'd rather secure the win on /BLU.
[+]
By Brynach 2019-04-26 13:00:02
Link | Citer | R

/thread
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-26 13:28:27
Link | Citer | R

The point of my post is to illustrate that /BLU has value for less than perfect groups and situations, as I'm sure OP's is. It will keep hate, it will keep you alive. That's all a successful run requires out of it's tank. If you can DPS as well, that's great. If you fail to keep hate or fail to stay alive because you were trying to DPS it's not so great, and that's what happens when undergeared or undersupported players base their choices off what top groups do.

[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 13:50:58
Link | Citer | R

It's clear you think your strategy is superior to all others, but you're the one making assumptions. You haven't seen anyone in this thread play, and yet you're telling them they're in the little league and playing the meta of 2 years ago. Your audacity is almost as astounding as the fact that you don't seem to realize how offensive your posts are.

My LS clears wave 3 with 11 characters and 30 minutes remaining. We've cleared wave 3 in all zones with all known strategies; manaburn, melee, and ranged. We've used both RUN/BLU and RUN/DRK, and settled on RUN/BLU as safer and more consistent. You're boasting about 8 months of experience in a thread with people who've been playing for over a decade.

You haven't made one solid argument this entire time for why /DRK is better. Just waxing poetic about how you can "control the playing field" so much better on /DRK despite it having less enmity generation tools and less defensive capability.

Listen, here's the bottom line, I'll say it because everyone knows it: You just want to melee while tanking. You enjoy it more than turtle tanking. It makes you feel like you contribute more. That's fine. I get it. Lots of people feel the same. If that's what makes you enjoy the game, awesome, do it. No one here is trying to stop you, but telling others their strategy is wrong or inferior, when it has OBJECTIVE, QUANTIFIABLE BENEFITS over /DRK, is idiocy.

Melee in Dyna[D] is particularly risky because of the extra lag there. People get hit in weaponskill sets all the time. So go ahead and melee your heart out, but I'd rather secure the win on /BLU.

Oh no, someone insulted your bread and butter by saying there's a better way. Call the police.

I gave a lot of good reasons why /drk is supreme. You just don't like them and happen to think 50% defense from cocoon negates them - I don't.

You're right. I don't like casting spells for 95% of an engagement because it exposes me to getting lag-locked into a fast cast set far more frequently.

When you need to not expose yourself to taking damaging and still generate copious amount of enmity, drk sub is the jam. LR/SE are large hate spikes that don't cause you to swap into bad sets. You can cast poisonga before the mobs ever start wailing on you. Where's the danger? That's rhetorical - it's non-existant.

It's hard to argue that RUN/DRK doesn't have superior enmity generation and maintenance.

You should be able to take opinions and criticism without getting upset. If you don't want to optimize your jobs and you want to go the "safe route" then go for it. That won't stop me for giving my advice on this here public forum.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-26 14:10:47
Link | Citer | R

You really don't want to give up, but this stuck out in the rest of the babbling:

lag-locked into a fast cast set
With ashitacast or gearswap, the precast, actual action, and midcast are sent in the same UDP packet. While people like to call each instruction a packet for simplicity, the truth is that one packet can contain many instructions.

As a result, at the time the packet arrives, your precast is put on, your action is queued, and your midcast is immediately put on after. This means you can never be hit in your precast gear if your AC/GS is appropriately set up with a midcast.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-26 14:17:14
Link | Citer | R

If you want to get hate faster /DRK, If you want to
Cocoon is 50% defense.

Jetttura and Blank Gaze exists also.

1. Poisonga (claim)

Much better than using Geist wall or lolshockwave in turms of claim speed, plus you can do it at range. Not much difference in enmity generation but /DRK is in general, better (if you are not taking dmg)

I use both subs, both are situational, /BLU DPS isn't terribad either if you want to transition.

I believe /BLU is more versatile, but both subs are viable for almost all content.

I would never sub /DRK in 2 of the master trials though over /BLU, you're asking to get wrecked.

tl;dr PLD sucks (it does n't it has places where it excels over RUN but RUN can do 99% of things that PLD can do anyways)
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-26 14:37:21
Link | Citer | R

You really don't want to give up, but this stuck out in the rest of the babbling:

lag-locked into a fast cast set
With ashitacast or gearswap, the precast, actual action, and midcast are sent in the same UDP packet. While people like to call each bit a packet for simplicity, the truth is that one packet can contain many instructions.

As a result, at the time the packet arrives, your precast is put on, your action is queued, and your midcast is immediately put on after. This means you can never be hit in your precast gear if your AC/GS is appropriately set up with a midcast.

You're thinking of midcast and aftercast. GS processes those after receiving a 0x28 packet which has nothing to do with 0x1A (outgoing) which is the request for action that precast is bound to. Could be wrong, but I'm certain you can get locked into a precast set. It's happened and most GS users that do dynamis complain about it.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-04-26 14:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Noobish question...

My group is pretty new to Dynamis and usually tries to sleep incoming groups mobs. How does one get away with /drk Poisonga to claim and also then sleep the mobs? I have no clue about how well poison might actually land. Is it pretty safe to use for all ilvl content that you'd need AoE sleep/crowd control?
First Page 2