100,000,000+ Queue Contest
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 23:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Ambuscade queue is unacceptable. If you start a new thread on the OF complaining about the queue you've got a chance to win 500m.

I don't really care what you put, or what you say (try not to swear, they'll just ban you). Your thread will almost certainly get deleted. Suggest fixes. Simply complain. Whatever you chose. Quote yourself and post it into this thread.

Most upvotes on OF wins 50m and most upvotes on AH.com wins 50m. It doesn't matter if you get the upvotes due to comedy. logic. or you just say I only posted this to take eiryl's money. as long as you *** about the queue.

In addition to that, whoever posts the screenshot of the longest queue in their thread gets 25m. (anyone can enter, you can make a mule on assura and screenshot the line as a level 1).

If more than 100 different people create a thread about it, I'll double the prizes.

Contest starts immediately. Contest Ends / Winner(s) declared the day after may update. I will post screenshots of me trading winners money.

Recap;

Quote:
Bump, and changes;

Since it's clear that the volume I hope for isn't going to be there doubling isn't going to happen. Quite far from 100 entries. so.... But. I'm going to leave that there, just for... motivation.

Most upvotes on OF gets 50m (currently winning Buuki) (12)
Second place on OF gets 20m (current Charitwo) (3)
Third and Fourth get 10m each. (current Fondue) (2) (couple tied for 4th with 1)

Most upvotes on AH gets 50m (Currently winning Negan) (49)
Second place on AH gets 20m (Current Charitwo) (4)
Third and Fourth get 10m each. (current Fondue) (2)

Queue Screenshot winner 25m (no one has entered!)
If multiple people manage to get the same amount (or capped, cannot enter) 10m each.

It's now over 200m and up to 500m+ possible.

If I'm missing/incorrect on the updoots, let me know in a message. I believe I have seen them all up to this point. (*)I do think Nagans post on the OF got at least 2 upvotes before it got deleted(*).

...I may consider adding a free million to anyone and everyone who enters and screenshots their timer with under 1 minute remaining while solo. Stay tuned. (I fully understand that this seems counterproductive. The goal is to "motivate" you to get pissed enough to say something)
[+]
 Asura.Charitwo
VIP
user: Charitwo
By Asura.Charitwo 2019-04-04 00:10:31
Link | Citer | R

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55269-What-can-be-done-to-fix-the-crazy-long-Ambuscade-queue?p=614818#post614818

[+]
 Asura.Xalyia
user: Sogoro
By Asura.Xalyia 2019-04-04 00:28:15
Link | Citer | R

What do I get if I send a letter to SE HQ in Shinjuku?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 00:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xalyia said: »
What do I get if I send a letter to SE HQ in Shinjuku?

While I doubt that they would even get it, let alone read it. If you take a picture of it and post it here. You can win the AH portion 50m if you get the most upvotes. I'll accept that as official entry.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-04-04 00:51:35
Link | Citer | R

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55270-AMBUSCADE-QUEUES-ARE-TOO-LONG%21-UNPLAYABLE%21?p=614820#post614820

[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-04 00:55:08
Link | Citer | R

I totally agree. I had to wait 2 minutes today because there was 1 group in line ahead of me. Literally unplayable
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-04 00:59:32
Link | Citer | R

i always wondered how many instances of ambu the server can handle at a time.

how many multiboxes solo queueing in bot loop would it take to cockblock the entire server?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 01:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

how many multiboxes solo queueing in bot loop would it take to cockblock the entire server?

I have threatened to do this myself... but I never will. Too lazy. I believe... the maximum is 6~8. That's the most solo's you will ever see in the zone.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The 99% are screwing the 1% #occupylegion
If I wasn't so god damn lazy I would've done it already. Just que solo and stand there for 30 minutes on 20 accounts. Exit. Reque. They'll get the point.
By Shichishito 2019-04-04 01:08:38
Link | Citer | R

it would be awesome thou!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-04 01:09:04
Link | Citer | R

I've gone in and spent the whole time to barely get the win with like 5 seconds left before. This was actually back when I sometimes I saw a bit of a line. Good times
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-04 01:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

You have to be a real *** to do that though. You are basically punishing innocent players to make a political statement on something SE will likely never address. It's like those protestors that block busy highways and end up only turning more people against their cause.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-04 03:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Normally it's exactely like you said Kireek, but some months it's been a mess well beyond the first week, trust me.
If you're on Asura you know what I'm talkin about.

Granted I'm pretty confident there is nothing SE can do to solve it.

Personally I'm more concerned about the Divergence lag issue.
It's so intense, so huge, it takes away the fun from playing the game completely.
Which is quite a problem because there's not much (recent) group content to do with your friends anymore these days, and because if it weren't like that, Divergence could potentially be quite a fun thing to do.

Such a shame...
[+]
By Tarage 2019-04-04 03:49:55
Link | Citer | R

#AsuraProblems
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-04 03:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura rarely dipped below a 20+ queue last month,

Easy V1 means easy nercing. Why stop doing ambu when people are willing to throw 10+m at you for 4-5 minutes of minimal effort?
By SimonSes 2019-04-04 04:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Personally I'm more concerned about the Divergence lag issue.
It's so intense, so huge, it takes away the fun from playing the game completely.
Which is quite a problem because there's not much (recent) group content to do with your friends anymore these days, and because if it weren't like that, Divergence could potentially be quite a fun thing to do.

Such a shame...

I agree completely. For me it's totally unplayable. Sometimes I can't even roll XI in time, because I need to wait 5 seconds for my character to respond to me clicking double up, then I need to wait 5 sec for recast. So 10 sec to make one double up. If I get string of low numbers like 1>2>3>5>7 I need to leave it like this, or try for snake eye, which I sometimes wasted too, because I clicked it with 5 sec remaining and it activated 1 sec before the window for double up ends and I wasnt able to make double up in time.

I don't even want tell you about boxing a brd too. I have rank 5 Carn, +2 neck, almost bis TP and WS sets, but I cant even *** engage in wave 3, because if one person dies, reapplying songs with Pianissimo take *** ages and I very often end up doing only that.

This is a *** nightmare really and I know some people dont have any or major lags in Dynamis and look at me and people with similar problems like on liars or people who hyperbolize the issue to get attention.

It's the second main reason I started trioboxing Dynamis. Lag is still there but minimal.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-04 05:18:39
Link | Citer | R

In addition to the huge action lag (talking about how many seconds have to pass between when you pick an action and when you see it being executed) what's even worse is the insane and I mean literally *** insane *** amount of packet loss.

You think there was a lot of packet losses in Omen? THINK AGAIN. Doesn't even compare.

Sometimes I get so many packets lost I can't even tell if my character performed the action, if it started, if it completed, if it's on cooldown and 9 times out of 10 my actions get performed in precast or midcast gear, and I get stuck there, never returning to my idle because aftercast fails.

Really it's... my god, unplayable sometimes. I guess it affects some jobs more than others of course but still, not "fun" at all.

Someone (Comeatmebro?) came up with a reasonable explanation as to why there's such a bad server<>client communication in Divergence Zones, it makes a lot of sense to me.
Shame SE never even bothered to address it.
I guess they didn't expect that would happen with their 16 years old network infrastracture when they created the RP Divergence system
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-04 05:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Off topic and I swear I'll cut it after this post.
Simon what I noticed about the lag/congestion thing is that it doesn't apply to all of our members inside.
The people affected are always different, so it doesn't depend on their ISPs either.

The zone is insanely lagged in general, but for some people it gets even worse.
Who these people are, it's different on every run for us.
It's like, I dunno, maybe it depends on the order the server "loads" characters inside the zone?
The first 6 are fine, the ones loaded after receive the additional insane lag?
Throwing out stupid examples.
However this works though it's not the same and I experienced it myself.
While extremely laggy, sometimes it's _almost_ playable.

It also doesn't seem to particularly depend on the number of people in that specific zone. We receive random lag wether we're the only ones in zone or if there's 60 other people inside already.
But this could make sense because probably amount of lag is not related to the specific zone but to Divergence zones in general, so rather than looking "how many people are in zone X right now?" you should be looking for "how many people are inside Divergence right now?"
By Taint 2019-04-04 06:08:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »

Easy V1 means easy nercing. Why stop doing ambu when people are willing to throw 10+m at you for 4-5 minutes of minimal effort?

The queue times are why i pay for mercs.

Trade gil hop on Pelaton come back to points.

Sitting at a PC waiting for 20minutes is torture. Ambu is typically fun but Most of us have zero time for the wait.
By volkom 2019-04-04 06:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Don't really see long queue times on smaller servers :)
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-04 06:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Negan is hot and fresh to win this contest hands down.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-04 06:59:02
Link | Citer | R

I think this thread sparked the wrong idea

https://kotaku.com/man-arrested-after-threatening-to-kill-square-enix-staf-1833768253
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-04 07:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meliorah said: »

Vanadielian Nationalism is on the rise!
[+]
By DononofSylph 2019-04-04 07:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »

The queue times are why i pay for mercs.

Trade gil hop on Pelaton come back to points.

Sitting at a PC waiting for 20minutes is torture. Ambu is typically fun but Most of us have zero time for the wait.

I need me a mercing service in Sylph.
By kishr 2019-04-04 08:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Do ambuscade at end of month not the beginning.
What's the point to get 35mil extra for spamming when
You already got a bil like most people. Just wait 3 weeks.
Do weekly seal on v2ve and forget about it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 08:23:46
Link | Citer | R

The conversation is important, but less important than entries.

Even though nagan probably has the lock on the AH win, that's only 1/3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-04 08:36:56
Link | Citer | R

To all people saying that you can just wait. They just introduced new campaign with doubling gallantry points every day that will for sure encourage people to wait and lose on it..
By Chimerawizard 2019-04-04 08:40:35
Link | Citer | R

gotta get ambu done before campaign starts, and we all make like 2 HTBF zones crash... Oh wait I'm on Ragnarok. what is a Queue?
I know the fix SE could do. Free server transfers, only if you're on Asura + remove ability to server transfer to Asura.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-04 08:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Free server transfers, only if you're on Asura + remove ability to server transfer to Asura.

If they did this, the supply of everything on not-asura would dwindle to nothing and cause too much damage to the population before it had a chance to even things out.

It's too far gone at this point. What they really need to do is merge AHs. Then, the people who are too dumb/toxic/annoying will stay on asura for the flood of PUG and everyone with a good group won't care.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7