Ninja Paid 1 Million Dollars To Stream A Game

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ninja paid 1 million dollars to stream a game
Ninja paid 1 million dollars to stream a game
First Page 2 3 4 5
By geigei 2019-03-14 09:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
geigei said: »
Aerison said: »
Bunch of salty jealous people in here, if you got paid to do what he does you'd sell out in an instant.
Not everyone is a ***.

Everyone IS a ***. If you think you aren't, it's because no one is offering you money to be one.

Not really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-14 09:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Everyone IS a ***. If you think you aren't, it's because no one is offering you enough money to be one.
minor ftfy

You guys can front all you want, if a million bucks was on the table you'd bend over backwards to lick ninja's ***.
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-14 09:57:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Everyone IS a ***. If you think you aren't, it's because no one is offering you enough money to be one.
minor ftfy

You guys can front all you want, if a million bucks was on the table you'd bend over backwards to lick ninja's ***.

Nope.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-14 10:02:20
Link | Citer | R

I mean, if someone offered you more money to do what you currently do, you'd take it. He just happens to be a streamer. Company A offers XX money to play the game, he'll take it.

I can't see anyone who enjoys being a*** mopper for $5/hr turning down $1M to do what they're already doing anyway.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-14 10:03:15
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
..and he was playing ffxi for free for months, yet people were complaining because he was playing on a private server. For those people, this is how much him playing your game costs normally..

I get his audience is far less likely to play an older mmo but still, it's crazy how much his time is worth and how happy he was to be publicly playing ffxi.

Good to see a fellow ffxi player making out so well anyway!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-electronic-arts-apexlegends/top-gamer-ninja-made-1-million-to-promote-eas-apex-legends-launch-source-idUSKBN1QU2AC

Who is this and why do I care ?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-14 10:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Can you imagine streaming FFXI...sitting in Jeuno AFK for 8 hours then 2 hours of actual game play...compelling stuff indeed !
 Lakshmi.Sleekmotorwurkz
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sleekmotorwurkz 2019-03-14 10:09:10
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

There are people on Asura more famous/infamous than him I bet too !

What hole do you live in? Ive never even watched him, and ive never played fortnite, but he is one of the most popular streamers on twitch. And no I can guarantee there is nobody on Asura more famous/infamous than him. I doubt I've ever seen anyone on Asura on stage at the new years eve ball drop in NYC (as cringy as it was)
By fonewear 2019-03-14 10:10:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sleekmotorwurkz said: »

There are people on Asura more famous/infamous than him I bet too !

What hole do you live in? Ive never even watched him, and ive never played fortnite, but he is one of the most popular streamers on twitch. And no I can guarantee there is nobody on Asura more famous/infamous than him. I doubt I've ever seen anyone on Asura on stage at the new years eve ball drop in NYC (as cringy as it was)

Yea because everyone that plays video games has to watch other people play video games online. It's a requirement.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-14 10:12:42
Link | Citer | R

minor ftfy

Slow down junior you are reaching peak edginess.
By Aerison 2019-03-14 10:14:13
Link | Citer | R

minor ftfy

Cool story gramps, Golden Girls re-runs are on why don't you go watch that.
By fonewear 2019-03-14 10:14:51
Link | Citer | R

minor ftfy

Thank you I will. Golden Girls is my favorite TV show.
[+]
By Aerison 2019-03-14 10:17:26
Link | Citer | R

minor ftfy

How many alt accounts you got like 30 ?

Yikes dementia setting in already? It's cool, must be hard to do anything much less count to five.

Nice try with the ninja edit btw, getting slow in your old age.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-14 10:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Do I need money? No. Would I do what Ninja does if I believed I could be that peppy and had offers to be paid that much? Absolutely.
Pretty much, except 1M would pretty much allow me to retire and live large until I die.

There is this movie that taught whoever watched it something very valuable in life:

Everyone has a price.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-14 10:29:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Clearly they don't need more money and are fine living off instant ramen.
Instant human thank you Very much.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-03-14 11:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Everyone has a price.

I can't think of a whole lot I wouldn't do for 1M.

hell I'm already someone's *** for a mere 70K a year.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-14 11:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Everyone has a price.

Lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-14 11:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Everyone has a price.

I'd do a lot of unspeakable things for 70k a year.

Hell I worked 18 hours per day for several months to be paid half of that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-14 11:15:37
Link | Citer | R

But would you get some form of vocational education, migrate to a first world country, and network on linkedin?

Bc really, you're clearly not an idiot and that's not an unattainable wage.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-03-14 11:16:27
Link | Citer | R

and I do, my friend.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-03-14 11:19:30
Link | Citer | R

and I do, my friend.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-03-14 11:19:49
Link | Citer | R

But would you get some form of vocational education, migrate to a first world country, and network on linkedin?

only 1 of these things I never did, and it was because I was born in a first world country.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-14 11:45:41
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to know what kind of education I want to get, which is the hardest thing to determine.

As for LinkedIn, well, I'm terrible when it comes to being social so I don't think this is within the realm of possibility.

I've been wanting to migrate to Canada for years now but I honestly have no idea how I'd market myself. At this point education isn't needed on my resume anymore, but I only know Canada's job market through Québec which is a different beast (and I really don't want to go there).

Honestly, I don't see myself reaching 70k in my lifetime unless I get REALLY lucky and meet the right person at the right moment that will give me the opportunity. I don't even know what kind of job earn this much, I only remember one person at SEE earning this much and his resume was something that you don't see twice in your life.

only 1 of these things I never did, and it was because I was born in a first world country.
It was in England, I simply worked two shifts to cover for sick people and make more money so I could buy more video games and figures when I'd go to Japan.

Can't say watching Harry Potter while camping NMs in Abyssea and telling some guy that perma 24% movement speed on SAM isn't legit and he won't fool me is not enjoyable.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-03-14 11:55:35
Link | Citer | R

To me the weird part is that people watch other people playing video games. Not vids on how to beat a dungeon or boss, not heroically soloing impossible NMs, just gameplay.

But given that, paying someone who has achieved minor league compartmented fame any sum at all to play their game makes perfect sense.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-14 12:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Given that Ninja has indeed played FFXI, and at least somewhat promoted the game on his channel, why is there such discontent for him here? I don't watch his stuff, as I am simply not interested in Battle Royal games. But all the same, you would think that a free promotion of our game would lead to some form of positive outlook.

Because face it, SE isn't exactly prompting ffxi anymore. So a shoutout from a gamer with a massive following of the younger generation can only be positive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-14 12:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Because he plays on a free server... and promotes them...

Im surprised SE hasn't sued him yet
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
Serveur: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-14 12:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Linkedin has done nothing for me to further my professional career. I don't believe that it has had any impact on the positions I was able to get into-- simply I have knowledge and experience and I can provide real world examples of my work. The last time I reviewed or done anything with my Linkedin profile was in college and I haven't touched it since.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-14 12:40:19
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Bunch of salty jealous people in here, if you got paid to do what he does you'd sell out in an instant.
Not everyone is a ***.

Everyone IS a ***. If you think you aren't, it's because no one is offering you money to be one.

This is patently false.

In the most basic moral sense, a *** is one who will sell out their standards for money.

Calling Ninja a *** is probably not applicable. You would first need to establish that the game is somehow against Ninja's standards, but that he promoted it anyway, because the money was so much.

Has Ninja ever made an pious claims of the sanctity of gaming? Or does he actually hate the game he promoted, but lied because they gave him money?

that is your burden of poof for the accusation of whoredom for Ninja.

more importantly, the idea that anyone would sell out their standards for enough money is pretty sad and repugnant.

its not true. Would you murder someone if you were offered enough money? Would you rape, pillage or steal?

I truly doubt it. I don't think you would actually do such things for money. I don't think the people on this forum would by the vast majority.

I certainly would not. I would never have sex for money. I would never kill for money, i would not promote a game I really didn't like.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-14 12:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
its not true. Would you murder someone if you were offered enough money? Would you rape, pillage or steal?

I truly doubt it. I don't think you would actually do such things for money. I don't think the people on this forum would by the vast majority.

I certainly would not. I would never have sex for money. I would never kill for money, i would not promote a game I really didn't like.

Absofuckinglutely and so would you. You're a liar if you say you wouldn't. I'd do them for free, if it weren't for imprisonment.

If you're paying well enough, nothing is off limits. To anyone.
Quote:
What if someone gave you a box containing a button that, if pushed, would bring you a million dollars…but simultaneously take the life of someone you don’t know?
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-14 12:52:39
Link | Citer | R

I certainly wouldn’t harm someone for money but there are certain things I’d need a good night to consider.
I mean, a few minutes of suffering just to make everything else better forever? It’s hard to pass on that.

But you can hardly compare this to playing a game that you’d play anyway since he has no competition contracts. He pretty much got 1M to do what he was going to do anyway (good for him).
[+]
By Bizniztyme 2019-03-14 14:07:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, don't say you wouldn't when you haven't been put in that situation, because when you do, your mind will spin like a mug thinking should I or shouldn't I, you most certainly will not defiantly say NO!!!! Money is a powerful thing that makes the best of people do a 180.
[+]