How Long Do You See FFXI Lasting?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How long do you see FFXI lasting?
How long do you see FFXI lasting?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-02 08:49:45
Link | Citer | R

How long do you think this game has left before it finally dies? And what do you think would be beneficial content/QoL changes to keep the game going?
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-02-02 09:11:54
Link | Citer | R

I don’t believe this game will die anytime soon. SE knows this 15+ year old game still brings in a lot of $$$. While we probably won’t see any new expansions, they will keep releasing small updates and content to keep the masses grinding.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-02-02 09:12:48
Link | Citer | R

I had to do a double take cuz I thought your name was Senaki. Lol.
[+]
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2019-02-02 09:18:21
Link | Citer | R

People said this game was dying 10 years ago. No one knows how long it will last.
By Zyla 2019-02-02 09:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I wish we would get another expansion, as unlikely as that is. I've played tons off MMOs and none of them can ever keep my interest like FFXI has, at most I'll play them for a couple months and get utterly bored with them. I will say I don't think we need new jobs, but new areas, stories, and battle content would be great.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-02-02 09:42:41
Link | Citer | R

8 years, 6 months, 16 days, 22 hours and 18 minutes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-02-02 10:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Zyla said: »
Honestly I wish we would get another expansion, as unlikely as that is. I've played tons off MMOs and none of them can ever keep my interest like FFXI has, at most I'll play them for a couple months and get utterly bored with them. I will say I don't think we need new jobs, but new areas, stories, and battle content would be great.

One can only dream. :(
By abdhaljs 2019-02-02 10:26:26
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-02-02 10:29:33
Link | Citer | R

The best they can do at this point is add more "monthly content" to keep the addicted subbing. AMAN Trove is just another box they can tick off on this, and I'm sure they are brainstorming another way to so.
By abdhaljs 2019-02-02 10:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I wish we would get another expansion, as unlikely as that is.

We're about due for them pumping out another "expansion" in the same vein as ACP, AMK, and ASA. Small stories that use current zones that give a small, but "worth the $10 for equip swap macros / lockstyle" equip.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-02-02 10:44:48
Link | Citer | R

The population and spiritual status of the population itself has the only power to shut down the game.. SE is driven by the people who still play and are passionate.. If you strengthen this passion and increase players/subs then they will release more and do more for this game.. If these factors dwindle down on its own they won't see any reason to continue to help its growth as they see more revenue loss..

If players continue to negatively market this game to their friends and public then the factors above will be its Doom..

Games like everquest are around due to positive marketing as well as other reasons as there are still players to make operating costs worth it.. However, once there is a major loss then cuts will happen..

They are even trying to cut down operating costs as much as possible to keep game running on lower populations and lower subs. The people that remain want to see big changes which can't happen so easily without rising subs. The only way to help SE right now is to market for them and bring your friends back in to this game to witness how strong this game is still..

Positive Marketing is what this game needs in order for a brighter stronger future.. It all comes down to the dollar and business marketing..

A few years ago SE shot themselves in the foot upon final completion and release of last Chapter of RoV by making it seem like the game is shutting down in their sad wording and phrasing.. When in actuality, they were just cutting down some development staff.. They did such a horrible job at communicating this strategically that many Veterans left..

Now they are trying hard to market this game by the New Friend Return Campaigns and Social Media Marketing Campaigns to repair the damage they caused..

Help yourself by helping SE market this game Positively to your friends and have them try it out..
[+]
By Senaki 2019-02-02 10:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »

As a Senaki, I find this offensive.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-02 11:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Senaki said: »

I thought it was senaki. In fact the OP is probably another account of senaki.
By DaneBlood 2019-02-02 11:13:20
Link | Citer | R

any other mmo ive tried besides ffxi just seems to...simple.
FFXI has had the most varied amount of game plays and mechanics ive seen in a game and i love it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-02 11:15:19
Link | Citer | R

As soon as they get that server equipment replaced and they can do the HD overhaul, it should be good for another decade or so
By jahn 2019-02-02 11:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Entirely depends on how many of us keep playing / staying subbed, as long as we bring in more money than it costs to keep the servers up and running (including maintenance etc), then the servers will most likely remain active.

And we'll probably keep staying active as long as there's things for us to do.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-02 11:20:53
Link | Citer | R

I hope for a very long time~
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2019-02-02 11:27:48
Link | Citer | R

It's all about subscriber numbers. Matsui has said so many times.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-02 11:34:22
Link | Citer | R

As long as the JP community is happy and subbing, SE will keep the game going. They're the loyal bread and butter.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-02-02 13:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Senaki said: »

You should make another thread asking how many thought this was offensive. LOL
By lazywolf 2019-02-02 13:36:26
Link | Citer | R

since they are still updating the game a long time.
By Shichishito 2019-02-02 14:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Syto said: »
The population and spiritual status of the population itself has the only power to shut down the game. ...
If players continue to negatively market this game to their friends and public then the factors above will be its Doom..

alright folks, get your virtual pitchforks. lets make it happen!

some of what you read about the game is neither positive nor negative but simply objective. you can attempt to sweet talk around it but it is what it is.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-02-02 14:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
The population and spiritual status of the population itself has the only power to shut down the game. ...

alright folks, get your virtual pitchforks. lets make it happen!

some of what you read about the game is neither positive nor negative but simply objective. you can attempt to sweet talk around it but it is what it is.

All I am saying is that positive vibes and positive marketing always gets more subs and can refresh/revive a title in the minds of people.. It's how it is as it aligns with even a basic business model..

No one is sweet talking anything here... The proof is in the content.. Many people enjoy it still.. Some may not like it and we send those degenerates to Nasomi or FFXIV.. ^_^
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-02 15:37:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really confident when it comes to this question.

At times I feel like I'm overestimating the money FFXI makes and at other times, I feel like I underestimate it big time.

I think it's safe to say that as long as SE keeps pushing ***games out (KHIII didn't disappoint in that regard haha), they'll probably need the FFXI crutch (though they do have mobile games now to help, too) to add extra stability to their income (albeit it may not be huge).

They kind of *** up their management of FFXIV and its money potential (only going to talk about ARR here), they lost millions in the first two years, their playerbase is losing more players than it's gaining but it has more options for people to whale than FFXI.

They could probably add something to make us spend more money while not necessarily being too P2W, seeing as we have a decent whale community. But I'm not sure what they'd be ok doing in that regard.
One or two more Wardrobes would be an excellent start.
By Staleyx 2019-02-02 15:54:04
Link | Citer | R

How many of these threads need to exist. Stop it get some halp
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-02-02 17:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
How many of these threads need to exist. Stop it get some halp

As long as the game exists?
By Draylo 2019-02-02 17:30:15
Link | Citer | R

4 ever
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2019-02-02 17:36:51
Link | Citer | R

It will go free to play before it dies and probably add micro transaction of some kind. Would make sense anyway.
By DaneBlood 2019-02-02 17:37:55
Link | Citer | R

1 dollars for a different color of master stars ... would pay
[+]
First Page 2 3