Smeagol: Automatically Use XP/CP Rings.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Smeagol: automatically use XP/CP rings.
Smeagol: automatically use XP/CP rings.
VIP
By Lili 2020-07-12 05:48:44
Link | Citer | R

LightningHelix said: »
is it relying on gearswap to do the "heavy lifting" there?

Correct, it doesn't keep track of what ring you were wearing beforehand, so it can't put it back.

The idea is that if you're using this you're either a) using gearswap or b) it's on a job that's being PL'd which means sitting in a corner doing nothing or close to nothing, so idling in xp rings is not a big deal.
By LightningHelix 2020-07-12 10:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm using it for a non-PL'd leveling job (because I just came back after a 13-year absence, heh) so it's literally the only situation where it could possibly come up. And since the ring it's not swapping back is a Warp Ring, it's a ten-second inconvenience... but hey, always complain just in case you missed something, right?

Love it in general, by the way. Huge help. Thanks so much for making it.
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 18:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Smeagol updated to version 1.2.3.

- ADDED: idle_ring option, for characters without gearswap. Disabled by default.

Simply put the name of the ring you want to re-equip in the variable, and Smeagol will equip that ring in that slot after using an XP/CP ring. Currently only deals with rings and not with headgear (for Guide/Sprout Beret). Setting the variable to false (as it is default) will disable this behavior.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sirpancho
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sirpancho 2020-10-11 23:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Have you heard of people having problems being able to load smeagol on a laptop? I am, and its weird because I can use it normally on my PC.
By Jetackuu 2020-10-12 00:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirpancho said: »
Have you heard of people having problems being able to load smeagol on a laptop? I am, and its weird because I can use it normally on my PC.
no, this literally makes no sense
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-10-12 03:19:04
Link | Citer | R

You getting an error or?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [538 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2022-04-03 09:02:56
Link | Citer | R

i'm having a bit of trouble. i multibox, and just noticed that smeagol isnt using a facility ring on only one of my characters, but i haven't edited the xml or even typed in any commands. it's in her mog wardrobe so i don't think it's because it can't access it. it has 3 full charges.
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2022-04-03 09:05:07
Link | Citer | R

btw ty for smeagol. really love having it now that i'm multiboxing and not having to see which characters dont have xp + up
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Lili 2022-05-24 06:18:07
Link | Citer | R

I just updated Smeagol to be able to see wardrobes 5-8. I didn't test the change but it should work out of the box, let me know if that's not the case.

Asura.Iamarealgirl said: »
i'm having a bit of trouble.

Sorry, I have no idea what could be going on. Sometimes windower "misses" the existence of an item in inventory due to dropped packets, it could be that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-17 00:25:08
Link | Citer | R

the deeds gil moogle ammo addition please
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-17 05:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
the deeds gil moogle ammo addition please

No.

This is an addon to use cp/xp rings, not an addon to generically use timed items.
[+]
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2022-07-08 23:02:41
Link | Citer | R

First off, great addon, absolutely love it!

I'm having an issue with it re-equipping the ring after the CP ring is used. It is trying to equip the ring with this syntax, which is incorrect:

/equip "Left Ring" Niqmaddu Ring

the correct syntax for equipping a ring is:

/equip L.Ring (or Ring 1) "Niqmaddu Ring"

How do I change the line below to have it print out the correct syntax?

windower.chat.input('/equip "%s" %s':format(res_slots[stats.slot].name,idle_ring))

(At first I had gear swap turned on, but haven't done anything with it yet, so I unloaded it but got the same syntax error)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-12 08:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Taplaiceps said: »
I'm having an issue with it re-equipping the ring after the CP ring is used. It is trying to equip the ring with this syntax, which is incorrect:

This is a huge oversight on my part, I wrote that logic without testing it and botched it. Windower's resources don't seem to have the short format name for the various slots, unfortunately.

Try this:
Code
windower.chat.input('/equip %s "%s"':format(res_slots[stats.slot].en:gsub('Left ','L.'):gsub('Right ','R.'),idle_ring))

The above should work. Please do test it and let me know, thanks!

EDIT: changed code a bit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Evolved
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Evolved 2022-08-27 06:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Sorry it took so long.

That worked perfect, ty!