Unable To Complete Coming Full Circle?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Unable to complete coming full circle?
Unable to complete coming full circle?
First Page 2
 Asura.Arico
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 03:37:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to start a new mythic, but I didn't finish the quest for the last mythic(DP which I already took to 119/R15) and now it says I can't until I finish coming full circle, but I spoke to the tombstone, spoke to the gate(No weapons/ammo or even naked), approached and spoke to naja and nothing will let me do it =/

What I'm really afraid of is the fact that the augmented range weapons have new item IDs and SE never added them to the list of IDs that will trigger the CS.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2019-01-09 05:05:21
Link | Citer | R

You spoke to the gate without weapons / ammo right ?

If so, the new ID may well possibly be the problem.

It already happenened when AF1+2/3 came out. You could not complete the geo/run AF quest (when you must wear the full set of AF1 to unlock AF2)

You should post here about it http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/467-In-Game-Bugs?s=32cc97d1b0d797e9980b87a8821511a7

Completing this form :

Thread Title:

Platform: Windows
ISP:
Type of Internet Connection:
Internet Connection Speed:
Date & Time:
Frequency:
Character Name:
Race:
World:
Main Job:
Support Job:
Area and Coordinates:
Party or Solo:
NPC Name:
Monster Name:
Steps:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-09 07:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Ironically, even if you finish "Coming full circle" you still have to abandon your already completed weapon if you wish to make another.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-01-09 09:10:16
Link | Citer | R

I think it may be possible to softlock the mythic questline. Abquhbah says "The trade cannot be completed while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak Relief Shard (temporary key item)" and prevents you from abandoning and you can't get the CS at the palace with no weapons equipped?
By SimonSes 2019-01-09 09:28:31
Link | Citer | R

It's not because of r15, I had similar situation few days ago. Have r15 DP too and had same info about unfinished full circle. I went to speak to gate and got CS (remember to not equip weapons), then got CS at Naja. That finished the quest and I traded new weapon just fine.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 10:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Trade your new weapon, they will ask if you want to abandon all progress on your quest and then just abandon your already finished weapon. You probably missed the cutscene for the gold piece.

Doesn't work.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 10:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »
I think it may be possible to softlock the mythic questline. Abquhbah says "The trade cannot be completed while in possession of a Serpentking Zahak Relief Shard (temporary key item)" and prevents you from abandoning and you can't get the CS at the palace with no weapons equipped?

Correct. Tried naked, still nothing.
By SimonSes 2019-01-09 10:35:13
Link | Citer | R

We are going into territory of information easily found on bgwiki. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/An_Imperial_Heist
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 10:39:39
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
We are going into territory of information easily found on bgwiki. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/An_Imperial_Heist

I'm not following. The CS issue written about in that wiki doesn't apply to me at all.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-09 10:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »
I think it may be possible to softlock the mythic questline.

It's more likely that somebody isn't doing something correctly. 999/1000 times.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-09 10:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »

I'm not following. The CS issue written about in that wiki doesn't apply to me at all.

I think (not certain) that he's saying follow the guide. I can't read his mind though, so.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 10:47:28
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Arico said: »

I think (not certain) that he's saying follow the guide. I can't read his mind though, so.

I see. Well, everything I listed that I've done in my original post are all of the steps from the guide. So I don't think it's that I'm just missing a step, but possible.
By SimonSes 2019-01-09 11:15:11
Link | Citer | R

My link was about the question who you trade weapon to. But i guess someone edited his post.
By Aurone 2019-01-09 11:57:56
Link | Citer | R

I have the same issue as Arico (upgraded gastra to rank10ish in case it matters). I talked to a GM (super annoying process which took 4 GM calls before I could even talk to one. Before I got messages like "ask your friends") and he made a bug report. He said the devs will look into it. That's been a month ago and I haven't heared anything since or seen anything listed in the update notes under known issues.

I guess the devs have better to do than looking into a single bug report which, from their point of view, most likely is a player mistake.

I've done every step I could think of like 10 times to complete the quest (worked on my alt without issues which had a rank 1 carn). Also didn't have the issue on previous mythic weapons. Also abandoning the quest doesn't work with the softlock message mentioned in an earlier post.

Not sure if I start to imagining things but I might have dc'd a year ago during the last cutscene with Abquhbah.

I hope it gets figured out or fixed. If not it at least saves me the mind numbling process in nyzul isle.
By Excellia 2019-01-09 12:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Ive had a few instances of this happen and was bc I had trialed the weapon before completing that quest. Try trading your last completed weapon to the whitegate. As dumb as this sounds, one of the times this happened, I forgot which weapon I completed last so it was a while before I made it around to trading the correct one lol. So if DP doesn't work and not absolutely sure it was the last one...
By Aurone 2019-01-09 12:06:35
Link | Citer | R

I also tried trading the last mythic to the gate without success.
By Excellia 2019-01-09 12:14:20
Link | Citer | R

On the correct job? Maybe the aug stopped this from working. >.<
By Aurone 2019-01-09 12:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Is there anyone that finished a ranged mythic weapon and trialed it to the final stage (augment ranks) before completing "coming full circle" that doesn't have an issue?
I wonder if we can't finish the quest because we have now the bullet pouch and that might cause some ID issues?
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2019-01-09 12:22:24
Link | Citer | R

You're not suppose to trade the finished weapon to the gate in Aht Urghan I believe. Just go on the job you finished the mythic on, and talk to the gate without any weapons on to receive your gold piece to finish the quest.
By Aurone 2019-01-09 12:31:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm aware of how the quest is supposed to work. I just wanted to say that I tried trading the weapon to the gate as well (on the right job) because it was also suggested in a similar old thread and mentioned again here.
 Phoenix.Amarok
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amarok 2019-01-09 12:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Even if you don't actually trade the weapon to the whitegate door for the CS, perhaps the validity checker for the CS is looking for the ID of the weapon in your possession to trigger it.

Once the weapon has changed to the non-ammo-dispensing version perhaps it's not recognised anymore.
By Excellia 2019-01-09 12:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
You're not suppose to trade the finished weapon to the gate in Aht Urghan I believe. Just go on the job you finished the mythic on, and talk to the gate without any weapons on to receive your gold piece to finish the quest.

Trialing the weapon before completing the quest does require you to trade the weapon to the gate in some cases for sure, I can attest to this several times now. This bug circulated the forums (thankfully) a few years ago that someone brought to my attention and I believe at the time it required a patch to fix. The old thread is below.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29468/help-with-redoing-mythic-weapon-quest/

Augmenting the weapon may have caused a problem needing a new solution (if there is one) and may need a new patch. If there isn't one, I'd say the only way you're going to get any attention from the dev's is to create a bug report on the official JP forums. I doubt this will work but might be worth a try. Talk with Tsih Kolgimih near the whitegate exit to Al Zahbi > Aht urhgan quest 6 > Coming full circle (pt. 1) and repeat until you get the weapon in question and go from there trying things again. Best of luck :(
By Jetackuu 2019-01-09 14:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
The goldpiece is from forging a new myth, you'd have to have done that part already to have augmented it. Reward from CFC is 3 silvers, it's as simple as talking to the doors with no weapon and getting near Naja.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-01-09 16:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Did your try with the Death Penalty in your inventory instead of wardrobe or other storage?

I don't really have any other suggestions other than if it is broken hope they fix it tonight or file a bug report using their template on the forum.

I'm fairly sure it's also impossible to complete if you accidentally toss your mythic before getting the CS too.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 17:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. I had it in my inventory. I didn't have the ammo pouch in my inventory, though. I'll try that later tonight
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-09 18:31:43
Link | Citer | R

So make sure to finish quest before taking past 75 then.

Noted.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-09 21:53:28
Link | Citer | R

It's not because of r15, I had similar situation few days ago. Have r15 DP too and had same info about unfinished full circle. I went to speak to gate and got CS (remember to not equip weapons), then got CS at Naja. That finished the quest and I traded new weapon just fine.

Hmm so you did coming full circle after you already finished augmenting it? Did you trade your R15 to the door?

Having the ammo pouch in my inventory didn't change anything.
By SimonSes 2019-01-09 21:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
So make sure to finish quest before taking past 75 then.

Noted.

I told you its not that. I had r15 weapon and unfinished quest and was able to finish it no problem. But i was wrong earlier. It was r15 Tizona not DP.

EDIT: i simply unequipped weapons and went to palace and got cs there. Then got cs at naja and the quest was finished.

When you trade new weapon to abquhbah, it then tells you of unfinished quest?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-09 22:44:56
Link | Citer | R

So, dumb question im sure but have you tried to trade a new weapon to abquhbah yet and just canceling the old mythic?
First Page 2