Gear Sets vs Gear Swap

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-05 22:52:25
Link | Citer | R

for me what happens is in laggy situations sometimes bp delay gear lags and I BP in that screwing my dmg, So I just removed the entire bp delay in the lua and now it just goes Idle >> midcast BP gear >> idle and for 1second bp delay sacrifice it seems to have fixed that issue.

However, when I AFAC I unload gearswap and use an equipset to throw on Full BP gear, then when AFAC is done I hit a macro and load gearswap again.

But thats just me.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-05 23:23:50
Link | Citer | R

for conduit you should be locked in set and not swapping at all.

More and more in events like dynamis and omen i've been having issues with gearswap lagging and missing swaps. It'll be really really apparent with a pact like thunderspark doing 3k opposed to 10k in omen. if you see that situation alot, i'd suggest swapping to ingame macros/gearsets or looking into a gearswap that works.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-05 23:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Any SMN gearswap need to check precast and aftercast functions to query pet_midaction.

I have this at the top of both precast and aftercast function in my lua.
Code
    if midaction() or pet_midaction() then
	return
    end
    if buffactive['Astral Conduit'] then
        return
    end

Basically it prevent precast and aftercast to do anything (leaving you in midcast gear) if you have AC up, and / or if your pet is mid BP (if you are spamming the BP macro).

Haven't got any issues with it so far. You can check //gs showswaps to validate the behavior.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-06 07:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Make three macro, one to get into bp set, one to actually Bp, then one to get into idle set after you done AcAF bping.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Frostrike
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Frostrike
By Leviathan.Frostrike 2019-01-06 08:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Using scripts:
Code
input /equipset precast set;
wait .3;
input /pet voltstrike;
input /equipset midcast set;
wait 2.7;
input /equipset avatar idle set;

That should be enough to equip your precast before your voltstrike and knock an entire second off your macro.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-06 19:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Code
/equipset 1                       (precast)
/pet "Volt Strike" <t> <wait .5>
/equipset 2 <wait 2>              (rage)
/equipset 3                       (perp)

using ingame macros there should be no reason to have a wait before issuing the pact, only the shortest delay possible after to swap to rage gear.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-06 21:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yygdrasil said: »
I guess my biggest question is how to set up my macros after I go to the gear set system.

No matter how I look at it, I’m sacrificing a second at the beginning of every BP in order to swap from my idle set to my precast set... give the system the requisite 1 second of /wait and THEN macroing in my midcast set.

/macro on precast set
/wait 1
/pet volt strike
/macro on midcast Set
/wait 3
/macro on Avatar Idle set

Is that the only way? Or is there another way to do it without sacrificing that 1 second of wait?

Are you using dgvoodoo? Whats your fps like

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By kodiaq 2019-01-06 23:16:28
Link | Citer | R

I don't think you need to worry about that </wait 1>.

/equipset #
/pet Volte Strike <t>
/equipset #
/wait 3
/equipset #

This should work fine unless you're dealing with serious lag. If you do want to add the wait time just in case, you can always drop it down to </wait .5> or even </wait .2> maybe. Just play around with it to get it right.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-07 00:08:06
Link | Citer | R

If you're using in game macros there is only whole numbers. Easy to test. SE even stated this years ago but I have long forgotten where.

/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>

They will come in 1 second between. If you put 0 or even 0.1 they'll come in super fast. Same with 1 vs 1.9 they are both only 1 second apart.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-07 00:16:03
Link | Citer | R

You do need a wait in between two /equipset lines, even if there is a JA in between. You can't equip two gearsets like that. It has to be

/equipset # <wait 1>
/pet Volte Strike <t>
/equipset #

Otherwise you will get a failure on the second equipset
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-07 00:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
If you're using in game macros there is only whole numbers. Easy to test. SE even stated this years ago but I have long forgotten where.

/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>

They will come in 1 second between. If you put 0 or even 0.1 they'll come in super fast. Same with 1 vs 1.9 they are both only 1 second apart.

they gave us .5 at some point. let me dig up when.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-07 00:26:05
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't do anything for in-game macros different than /wait 1
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-07 00:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>

You can do it with .5 and you'll see they will come in at 1 second intervals. If its not 0 it gets rounded up to 1 unless you do say 0.X then it sees 0 and that's all it cares about. If it 1.X then it gets rounded down so 1.5 would be 1. TBH it's probably not even rounding in this case it's just only accepts whole numbers and disregards the rest. And defaults to one if nothing valid is given. Even just tried <wait> that was also 1 so yea.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-07 00:49:42
Link | Citer | R

/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>
/p hi <wait .1>

You can do it with .5 and you'll see they will come in at 1 second intervals. If its not 0 it gets rounded up to 1 unless you do say 0.X then it sees 0 and that's all it cares about. If it 1+ then it gets rounded down so 1.5 would be 1. TBH it's probably not even rounding tis case it's just taking any whole number and disreguarding the rest. Even just tried <wait> that was also 1 so yea.

And for scripts waits? Can it go below 1s?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-01-07 00:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
And for scripts waits? Can it go below 1s?
Yes
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-01-07 05:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Code
/equipset 1                       (precast)
/pet "Volt Strike" <t> <wait 1>
/equipset 2 <wait 1>              (rage)
/equipset 3                       (perp)

using ingame macros there should be no reason to have a wait before issuing the pact, only the shortest delay possible after to swap to rage gear.

BP rage activation timer in most instances, except for speed critical pacts like shock squall, the delay from command to land is 1.25s, so a wait 1 after issuing pact is short enough to put you in rage gear with only another wait 1 needed to put you back into perp after.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46562-YOU-BROKE-SMN..../page3?highlight=%26lt%3Bwait%26gt%3B
By shubb1282 2019-01-07 09:28:09
Link | Citer | R

In Frod's example there is there a way if I want to still use GS to do something like

/console gs c equip sets.precastbpdelay
/console gs c pact bp70 <wait 1>
/console gs c (something to initiate bprage gear logic from lua)
/console gs c (something to initiate idle logic from lua)

?
 Sylph.Mozhat
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2019-01-21 12:24:53
Link | Citer | R

I use to use this all the time.
I have been gone for about a year.
Been back a month now with a new PC [DL the game + windower4]
For the life of me I can't get the /console gs c pact bp70 <wait 1> to work for me. I'm I missing a plugin or addon to make this work?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-21 17:36:45
Link | Citer | R

This is something I was meaning to make for Frod ages ago, and at the time I just didn't know how. To prevent GS from using your precast gear when you have Apogee, or Astral Conduit up, you use the following.
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

if (buffactive['Apogee'] or buffactive['Astral Conduit']) and (spell.skill ~= 'Summoning Magic' and spell.skill ~= 'Enfeebling Magic' and spell.skill ~= 'Healing Magic') then
		eventArgs.handled = true
	end

return

end

Edit: There is no reason GearSwap would call idle or melee set other than when your pet is not midaction, so the arguments I posted other than the one above should be unnecessary.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-22 14:56:09
Link | Citer | R

shubb1282 said: »
In Frod's example there is there a way if I want to still use GS to do something like

/console gs c equip sets.precastbpdelay
/console gs c pact bp70 <wait 1>
/console gs c (something to initiate bprage gear logic from lua)
/console gs c (something to initiate idle logic from lua)

?
Yes, I've done something like this in my Lua if you're curious to see how it works. It's called LagMode in my Lua, and it stops the Lua from waiting for a server response when you do a BP. It just equips BP timer gear for the BP, then half a second later, equips the BP Rage/Ward gear.

https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

The core of the logic is around line 678. Also, in order to make it work, I had to allow you to swap into BP gear through self_command, and that logic is around line 834. I suspect that's the main piece you're missing. Basically when your midcast fires for the BP, it queues up a self_command for half a second later to feed the name of the BP back into self_command and tell it which BP to equip gear for (for example "gs c EquipBP Volt Strike").