Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-12-12 15:58:42
Link | Citer | R

JGLTBCD
"Jeff Goldblum Likes to be Called Daddy"

New shell open for recruitment!

A little background about myself (in-game)
I've been playing this game since 2003. I've been in nothing but end-game linkshells since about 05 or 06. I came back from an extended break months ago and was able to quickly gear up my jobs to be able to participate in all content. I "main" COR, THF, DRG, WHM. Before this, I was a sack holder / officer in one of the largest end-game shells on this server for a long time.

A little background about myself (IRL)
I'm a web designer / graphic designer at an ad agency. I work 5 days a week and sometimes weekends, sometimes up to 100hrs/week, so my playtime has gotten a lot more sporadic since i've returned.

I'm also expecting my first child sometime within the next month and a half. My girlfriend and I are absolutely thrilled.

I mountain bike pretty regularly, and would gladly do it every second of the day if I could make a living at it. I will probably spend at least some of this winter fat-biking in northern New England.

Why did I start JGLTBCD?
I find that recently i've been spending a lot of time helping newer players/returning friends. Originally I was going to recruit for my end-game shell, but our numbers have dwindled down over the past year and we don't all have as much time for scheduled events. It doesn't make sense, at this time, to recruit the kind of player needed for end-game level content.

I decided I would start a shell for people that are not quite end-game ready, but still want to have a group of people to do content with. There is plenty to do in this game outside of the two major end-game events, and i'm looking to build a group of people that want to work together to get through it all.

The idea is to eventually funnel people to the end-game shell as they get geared, and that shell picks back up again.

Requirements
There aren't really any job requirements, this isn't an end-game shell. However, it would be fantastic if you gear up more than one type of job and i'm willing to help you do that.

The only real requirement is that you have a good attitude and want to be active/do content. I'm going to help as much as I can, and the few friends of mine that i'm bringing with me will help as well – but you are going to have to rely on yourself too.

Other than that, the shell is open to anyone.

Why the name JGLTBCD?
"Jeff Goldblum Likes to be Called Daddy". He said this while eating chicken wings on "Hot Ones", an interview show on YouTube's First We Feast channel. My gilfriend hates the word "Daddy" and the connotations that come with it. I think it's absolutely hilarious. Jeff Goldblum is fantastic in just about every way, and I don't think anyone can argue about it.

Originally, I was going to try to be FFXI cool and name the shell something with one word. I was thinking Tribe, Machina, Armada, or Kupo – but they were all taken.

So it was either this or RainbowParty – which the mods would have made me change.

If this sounds like something you're into, feel free to pm me in game or leave a comment here and i'll get you a pearl. I'm also going to be giving pearls to the LS Concierge.

Look forward to seeing you in game.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-12-12 18:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Bump
 Asura.Reichleiu