Forum » Windower » Support » Black Screen + Crash After Shutdown
Black Screen + Crash After Shutdown
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2018-11-24 13:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Kept meaning to post this, but it seems after the latest monthly update Windower hangs at a black screen after the game shutdown.

Sometimes after a minute of black screen it will close successfully, but for the most part it will stay at the black screen until terminated. Any gamma changes I have in-game also don't revert a that point.

W10 newest GA build, Radeon RX 570 series, 17.7.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Serveur: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-11-24 14:08:40
Link | Citer | R

ive always had the black screen after a shutdown, I either unload all the plugins or do //terminate
 Ragnarok.Trixi
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2018-11-24 14:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Begrudgingly updated gpu drivers, but no change.

Then loaded with no plugins, and it shut down fine afterwards, so it looks like it's one of the plugins.

I used to have the same problem on XP after some point, and it's been fine for the past few years I've been on W10, but I guess I'll need to figure out which plugin is causing it, or do as mentioned above.

Annoying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-24 16:28:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't use 3rd party stuff really so I'm not a perfect source of information. But I have heard that this is a common issue when using windowed from multiple people. It doesn't seem to cause any issues, other than needing to manually close the empty black green after you close the game lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-24 16:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
I don't use 3rd party stuff really so I'm not a perfect source of information. But I have heard that this is a common issue when using windowed from multiple people. It doesn't seem to cause any issues, other than needing to manually close the empty black green after you close the game lol.

Pretty much that. It's not detrimental in any way, just annoying.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-11-24 17:32:58
Link | Citer | R

I only get it when I 2-box. It's been like that for quite some time now, really it's just a minor inconvenience.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-11-24 22:11:07
Link | Citer | R

I found a post about this song either this forum or blue garter about a year ago. The solution had something to do with manually and loading certain plug INS or something from your INI ti .txt but I haven't been able to find it since and I cannot remember exactly what it said to do. Is this rings any Bells for anyone feel free To let us know