Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - November 2018
Ambuscade Volume 1 - November 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Afania 2018-11-23 13:13:46
Link | Citer | R

aisukage said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Afania said: »
Tank said head seize hate reset = very hard to get hate back. That's all I know.

Does it HF in D? I tanked D the other day and didn't notice weird hate mechanics.

Yeah, hate resets only happen on VD.

Head seize seems to be a normal 100% hate reset. If you spike VE (one of those rare instances where RUN is better off subbing WAR), it's possible to get hate back pretty quickly.

The one during Hundred Fists is a bit different. Seems to completely disregard person at top of hate list for 10-15 seconds, and your DD's can get wrecked pretty quickly if they aren't swapping to -DT.

It's a pretty easy month... unless you're tanking on VD, then it's kinda stressful. ^^;

I actually didn't mind tanking it, not hard to do the tanks part. I tried healing it today for my other account and urgggh that was stressful. "WHY IS EVERYONE DROPPING TO 1 HP ONE AFTER ANOTHER. Trying to keep cureskin on the tank making sure to remove debuffs. and you go to cure 1 person and in the middle of that cure someone else drops to 1HP.

This really really depends on pt as previously mentioned. I main healed VD another day and pulled my hair out for constant Pleiades Ray + Head Seize too.

And in a pt with aura removed right away and NM die before head seize even happen whm can pretty much afk.

Not all aura remover has good ws cycle time is probably the main reason.

I would just lower the difficulty to D if I notice aura isn't removed fast enough, D is very easy and doable by pretty much anyone.....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [688 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-12 00:46:30
Link | Citer | R

A bump for whoever (tyalangan?) wants to make the new thread.

Trollbuscade for Oct 2020

You can take almost any job to be the AE/CB slaves, so, try to be inclusive, instead of asking for triple cors.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-12 00:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Pretty simple one this.

Need to Silence the Zahak as soon as it's pulled, if it does Nullsong it's a wipe.

DD's get on the MB, Bruiser.

Tank calls out Auras on other trolls when they see them, then DD have to respond with an AoE physical or magic WS. If it's a RNG Troll that has aura need a physical WS, if it's a PLD Troll then magic WS

If aura is left on for too long MB gets a nasty AoE attack that buries you in status ailments and Stuns, avoid it.

Recommend RUN as tank since it has native Stoneskin. This is because MB has a move which puts the tank to 1 HP and resets hate, need Stoneskin to prevent an add killing you immediately. Possible work-arounds are PLD/RDM or having a SCH healer who can keep Accession Stoneskin up, seem to recall doing that last time this one came around.

If you kill the Bruiser before killing his adds it's a guaranteed win.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-12 03:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Recommend RUN as tank since it has native Stoneskin. This is because MB has a move which puts the tank to 1 HP and resets hate, need Stoneskin to prevent an add killing you immediately. Possible work-arounds are PLD/RDM or having a SCH healer who can keep Accession Stoneskin up, seem to recall doing that last time this one came around

Isnt a super simpler solution to just give stoneskin from WHM's cures under Solace?
[+]
By Afania 2020-10-12 04:21:48
Link | Citer | R

Stoneskin from spell has worse potency than cureskin and overwrites cureskin, nor can cureskin overwrites it. No thanks.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-12 12:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Still semi burnable.

Conduit clears boss and leftover to kill dahak and one add, then normal BPs to deal with the rest.

2 SMN RUN GEO

Alternative places to get KI is HP mount zhayolm then going south to Halvung, or use VW warp Mount Zhayolm and head a bit to the west.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-12 13:45:51
Link | Citer | R

How do you tell what the aura is?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-12 13:48:08
Link | Citer | R

They don't change, so there is nothing to distinguish
Quote:
The Bozzetto Justiciar's aura is removed via preforming magical weapon skills.
The Bozzetto Sharpshooter's aura is removed via preforming physical weaponskills.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2020-10-12 15:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Still semi burnable.

Conduit clears boss and leftover to kill dahak and one add, then normal BPs to deal with the rest.

2 SMN RUN GEO

Alternative places to get KI is HP mount zhayolm then going south to Halvung, or use VW warp Mount Zhayolm and head a bit to the west.
What BP is used for the burn?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-12 15:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Volt Strike.

After few corrections, time dropped to around 4 mins from start to end.

Boss > dahak > 2x RNG during conduit, dont burn on pld either because it can block and at half HP it will use invincible
[+]
 Bahamut.Punishment
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Punishment 2020-10-12 17:25:08
Link | Citer | R

For those of us that aren't super leet yet, is there any difference in strategy for E/N?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-12 17:58:22
Link | Citer | R

VE-D all the same

tl:dr

Tank tanks, 1 person spams aoe physical, 1 person spams aoe magical. get tp from the boss. That's literally it. Boss dies, kill adds.

D honestly isn't any harder than N, just more cures.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-12 18:16:27
Link | Citer | R

What's the difference between D and VD?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-12 18:34:50
Link | Citer | R

A Zahak, but really nothing else.

Head Snatch becomes Head Seize (99% throat stab vs 90% throat stab)
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-12 23:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Cleared N but D was kind of a mess. Got it to 50% but after a point, they stopped losing their auras to WSs after a certain point, and absorbing elemental damage.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-10-13 00:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Absorbing elemental damage sounds like Arcane Stomp may have been used? I can't remember if it is aoe though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-13 01:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Uses the following moves only while aura is active:
Supersonic: Status Enhancement (AoE) Gains an undispellable magic absorption shield and regen effect.

Means you were too slow on the aura killing, so you get slowed down, for being slow
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-10-13 07:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Punishment said: »
For those of us that aren't super leet yet, is there any difference in strategy for E/N?

Not really just the difficulty of the mobs and how quickly the regen happens on the boss. On easy you can just attack the boss and take him down ignoring the regen, doing that on Normal will be near impossible solo so this month E and N is pretty much the dividing line between Solo/Starting Group Play. If your going with a group I'd certainly do a minimum of Normal.
By Nubtih 2020-10-13 07:54:15
Link | Citer | R

When low manning it, does anybody have any tips? On VE we have no issues, but on E or higher we have problems. Our tank can keep hate or keep pace with WSing but if doing both we fall behind. We've tried using a trust tank but hundred fists destroyed them. And if the debuff move goes off, the poison basically kills everybody in less than a minute. We are using a DNC for elemental WSs and RUN for tank. Tried switching the RUN to DRG with the trust tank. Any thoughts would be appreciated
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-10-13 08:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Melee BLM & COR using dahak TP battery, ~3m30s
YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: Does water damage prevent the dragon from using TP moves?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-13 09:16:48
Link | Citer | R

There's quick notes in JP if anyone can read them. Gonna assume that it does indeed look like enwater keeps zahak's tp at zero.

They aren't doing anything else to lower tp.
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2020-10-13 10:30:11
Link | Citer | R

To confirm - running the note at 0:36 through OCR translation gives
"Dahak has the property to decrease TP when water attribute damage is inflicted, so use accession on rdm/sch and apply water"
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2020-10-18 08:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Just to add to the SMN strat, treat the boss like you would Schah--get to unleashing on him soon as it's pulled. Only difference is it's not as much a consequence waiting for GEO to get frailty on. I waited too long a couple times and it got a horrible -dt where BPs went to sub 10ks. ***'s just as easy as last time it was up.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-18 08:50:41
Link | Citer | R

If youre worried about your GEO fast cast set, you can reduce this problem by casting indi-frailty and just head to boss once RUN has enmity stablished. Due to enmity mechanism there, you dont need any action for the bubble to have effect (at least afaik).

Also, i sugest to use odyllic subterfuge before burning to prevent the amnesia to land on pets, what could be a problem if you arent close enough to finish the boss with aura. You could be extra safe and just use elemental sforzo to force the boss to face to the oposite side of the pets as its added effect TP move are conal. But personally i save sforzo so i can change to COR after the fight and try for a Wild Card to save couple mins.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-19 18:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Jimmyballsack said: »
Just to add to the SMN strat, treat the boss like you would Schah--get to unleashing on him soon as it's pulled. Only difference is it's not as much a consequence waiting for GEO to get frailty on. I waited too long a couple times and it got a horrible -dt where BPs went to sub 10ks. ***'s just as easy as last time it was up.
Actually take your time getting bubbles up, as long as you need, time isnt a factor until the mega boss takes damage, if he doesnt take damage it doesnt matter how long you take, make sure your tank, your geo, nobody, hurts the mega boss at all dont use dia or stuff like that to activate the geo bubble. The only people who should hurt the boss at all is the smn's when they 1hr it then you literally have 0 chance at failure cuz the boss wont do sh-it til it takes dmg. Also dont have avatars out when you pull as you might catch hate and they may auto attack the boss before you are ready and screw you over by hurting it.
Note: The mega boss must be the 1st mob to die then the dragon.
By macsdf1 2020-10-19 19:06:49
Link | Citer | R

they did monk roll for subtle blow too.
Also they used geo malaise, and blu did magic debuff as well, to hit those 20k aeolians.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-10-19 19:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Odd that theres two threads for ambu, but here's what I posted in the other regarding the JP setup with Xolla.

Setup:
RUN WAR BLU COR RDM GEO

GEO uses Indi-Frailty, Geo-Malaise, and Entrust-Fury
BLU uses Tearing Gust (magic defense down)
WAR is there for Warcry/Savagery TP Bonus
COR does SAM roll and MNK roll (Subtle blow)

Everyone other than the WAR and BLU will spam Aeolian Edge/MB.

BLU and WAR target the main boss, it has about 570k HP.
The adds have about 200k HP.
On pull, RDM does Frazzle/Enwater and engages dahak with COR, GEO does dispelga followed by Dia II.
RUN will use gambit and flash as expected.
BLU and WAR skillchain is:
Full Break > Upheaval > Savage Blade(BLU) > Upheaval
BLU and GEO should magic burst off of this as much as possible.
WAR should use Fell Cleave afterwards.
If done correctly, they will all die at the same time.
 Ragnarok.Zekie
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Zekie 2020-10-19 21:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Its pretty straightforward for VD for my group.

Setup:
MNK COR BRD RUN WHM GEO

Geo silences a dahak. Indi-Fury, Geo-Frailty, and entrust-STR.
BRD uses Honor/Victory/minuet V/Madrigal.
COR uses MNK and SAM rolls.

COR does Last Stand, uses AE when aura is up.
MNK is doing its thing. Uses VS and Spinning Attack when aura is up.
BRD uses Savage it to death.
RUN using Unda and White Damaging Zahak.

we melted Dahak before it does any TP move. Boss > adds. it took us about 4-5 mins.
By Afania 2020-10-20 01:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zekie said: »
COR does Last Stand,

Why last stand when BRD is there breaking SC?

From page 3

Afania said: »
Further more, cor doesn't need to full time aoe ws, they can do savage blade for DD and only switch to aeolian when aura is up.

YouTube Video Placeholder

*I swapped to dagger for AE in 2:08 then quickly swap back to sword for savage. So really no reason to lock into a much weaker ws that's not savage when aura isn't up.

Ragnarok.Zekie said: »
COR uses MNK and SAM rolls.

Don't see a reason for MNK roll if 4 people are engaged.