Equipviewer Failing To Load

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Equipviewer Failing To Load
Equipviewer Failing To Load
By Endtanis 2018-10-22 13:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I Googled my issue as well as went through the other threads and none seem to match my specific issue. I feel I'm missing something pretty simple but I just can't figure out what.

I've used the MAGA LUA before without any issues so I felt the core files to have them work was there. I have gone through step by step, 5+ times to ensure all steps were taken (created a folder in your addons folder called Equipviewer. Then, take the files located in the core folder and place them there. Finally, take the equipviewer.lua file located in the Windower folder and place it in your Equipviewer folder. You can then unzip the icons.7z folder into your equipviewer folder. From there, you should be able to load the addon.)

After I've done all that, whenever I try and run I get the following error "no file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Windower4//plugins/libs/common.dll'

As stupid as this sounds, I've tried downloading a generic common.dll from Windows, I've tried repeating the steps from start to finish, but to no avail? Again, I feel I'm just missing a simple step.

Any suggestions or ideas on what to try?
By aisukage 2018-10-22 14:36:13
Link | Citer | R

first off does your file structure look like this?

This is how it should be set up and it works fine for me. I ask because i know i have helped others in the past that didn't set up their files correctly.

Also if it loads up and nothing shows be sure to check the position in the equipviewer.lua. If it is higher than your game resolution then it will appear off screen where you can't see it.
[+]
By Endtanis 2018-10-23 20:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Hi there,

Thanks for the response and I apologize for my own delay in response; things have been busy! My file structure looks identical to that (please, see below).

My issue is whenever I try and load, I get the following error:

Again, any help you can provide is great and really appreciate the response!

Cheers,
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-10-23 21:21:13
Link | Citer | R

It looks you have the Ashita version of equipviewer.lua in the folder.

Get this one https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/blob/master/equipviewer/windower/equipviewer.lua

The windower version doesn't have a line 5 and common.lua is an ashita component I think.
[+]
By Endtanis 2018-10-25 05:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Hi again,

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. It looks like that was exactly the issue (had Ashita version). It's weird, when I originally downloaded it said either file I choose should be okay.

Oh well, all is working now and it works great!

Cheers,
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [425 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Vehsamai
Serveur: Asura
user: jiluun
By Asura.Vehsamai 2019-12-24 05:13:36
Link | Citer | R

I realize this is an old thread but I came upon this with issues of my own. Everything says it loads properly and I can position the box but the box is completely empty. I have all my files arranged as above but not sure where I might be going wrong. Any help appreciated. Thanks
 Fenrir.Cariboulou
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cariboulou 2019-12-24 10:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Make sure you don't have it auto loading at startup. Load it manually after you are logged in. I had that same issue until I did that. Mery Xmas.
 Asura.Vehsamai
user: jiluun
By Asura.Vehsamai 2019-12-24 13:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Hmm Tried and didn't do anything different. Still just puts up a blackout box.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-24 23:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cariboulou said: »
Make sure you don't have it auto loading at startup. Load it manually after you are logged in. I had that same issue until I did that. Mery Xmas.
Should be no problem having it autoload, literally if it doesn't work then people don't have the files set correctly, it's not that hard...
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-26 08:56:32
Link | Citer | R

I have mine auto loading fine. Make sure you have the icons unpacked from the icons.7z archive file.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-26 12:22:39
Link | Citer | R

How do you keep equipviewer in its current location after you've gotten it to load and set the position you like? Every time I reset my game i have to reposition the addon.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-12-26 12:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
How do you keep equipviewer in its current location after you've gotten it to load and set the position you like? Every time I reset my game i have to reposition the addon.
Edit the lua pos. It's in X=*** Y=*** format.
I move it, save the lua, then //reload equipviewer, repeat until it's where I want it.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-26 13:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Editing the addon directly is not a great solution - any updates to the addon in the future will result in your changes being lost.

Personally, I autoload and configure mine from the init script (scripts\init.txt):
Code
lua load equipviewer
equipviewer position 2200 1295
equipviewer size 32

Although, equipviewer should really have a settings.xml like most other addons that saves your location and size preferences.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-26 13:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Sorry not an addon wiz: what is autoload? Is there a feature I can set up to automatically have this loaded every time I login, or do I have to //lua load equipviewer every time?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2019-12-26 14:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Adding:
lua load equipviewer
in init.txt will work. There's probably other ways, but it does what I want, so meh.

Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-12-26 15:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a equipviewer.lua that has been updated to include the recent gear updates?

ex My jse neck shows as a whitebox.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-26 15:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Adding:
lua load equipviewer
in init.txt will work. There's probably other ways, but it does what I want, so meh.

What's Rabbithorse? :3
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2019-12-26 15:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Just a couple convenient quirks that Ihina made for me and him to use like an "invite all characters in this list" command and something that copies a tell that one of your characters receives and sends it to all your characters so you don't miss it. Stuff like that.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-12-26 16:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Just a couple convenient quirks that Ihina made for me and him to use like an "invite all characters in this list" command and something that copies a tell that one of your characters receives and sends it to all your characters so you don't miss it. Stuff like that.

Ahhh cool! Had an interesting name so figured I'd ask.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-26 17:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Does anyone have a equipviewer.lua that has been updated to include the recent gear updates?

ex My jse neck shows as a whitebox.
It's the icons you need - the last update was 21 days ago: https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/tree/master/equipviewer
[+]