Is This Possible Via Addon (with & Without Logger)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Is this possible via addon (with & without logger)
Is this possible via addon (with & without logger)
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-27 10:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

Summary:

I'm a Summoner and have been looking at my Volt Strikes during AC.

I'm wondering is it possible via either:
New add-on to add to the log (on-screen and via logger) the name of the PET OWNER (not just avatars, but all pets)

Via logger, itself, the same information (pet owner's name).[/la]

My thought is it is possible given the Scoreboard add-on is able to tell the difference between pets and their owners.

Details:

I noticed the log (via screen and also logger) does not tell one the owner of the Ramuh doing the Volt Strike.

As an example, I wrote a program (see output below - yes, checked against log and is correct) to count the Volt Strikes during Astral Conduit.

Total Conduits in this logfile: 1
02:32:49 Ibhalliwell uses Astral Conduit.
Total Volt Strikes during this Astral Conduit: 29
02:32:52 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 9002 points of damage.
02:32:55 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 10196 points of damage.
02:32:57 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 4146 points of damage.
02:32:58 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 4915 points of damage.
02:33:00 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 2060 points of damage.
02:33:00 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 2998 points of damage.
02:33:02 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1977 points of damage.
02:33:02 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1891 points of damage.
02:33:04 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1298 points of damage.
02:33:04 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1541 points of damage.
02:33:05 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 941 points of damage.
02:33:06 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1587 points of damage.
02:33:06 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1208 points of damage.
02:33:07 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1191 points of damage.
02:33:08 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1189 points of damage.
02:33:08 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1809 points of damage.
02:33:08 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1231 points of damage.
02:33:10 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1083 points of damage.
02:33:10 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1092 points of damage.
02:33:10 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1980 points of damage.
02:33:12 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1910 points of damage.
02:33:13 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 778 points of damage.
02:33:15 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1693 points of damage.
02:33:15 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1858 points of damage.
02:33:16 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 918 points of damage.
02:33:16 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 857 points of damage.
02:33:18 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1475 points of damage.
02:33:18 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1146 points of damage.
02:33:18 Ramuh uses Volt Strike.Halphas takes 1455 points of damage.
Total number of times Ramuh defated during this Astral Conduit: 0
02:33:18 Ibhalliwell's Astral Conduit effect wears off.

Obviously, I didn't do 29 Volt Strikes in 30 seconds, but with multiple Summoners working together it looks this way. Thus my asking about adding to the log output the name of the pet's owner.

Additional:

I'm not sure how to submit this idea / suggestion / request to Square Enix, as an English speaker. I looked at the forums and found nothing to available for GAME suggestions (website, sure but not FFXI).

While having SE add this information to the various chat / fight messages is the best solution, using an Add-on or updating logger seems to be the quickest and easiest solution (if possible).

Thank you.
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-27 10:46:11
Link | Citer | R

I've wondered about this also would make things alot simpler.

Also who weak volt strikes are those?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-27 11:08:50
Link | Citer | R

It is possible, and not terribly complicated.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-27 17:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Gordel1432 said: »
Doesnt scoreboard do this already? or no?

Scoreboard, in its own display, separates out the pets by owner, but this is NOT in the game log window nor in the log file created by the logger add-on.

Having it in the log (screen and log file) would be very much of a benefit for times when multiple pet owners are fighting the same monster. An example: Summoners using AF/AC/BP to take down a NM. This way the group can look at each pet owner's BP (number, dmg).

This is why I'm asking:
  • How to submit this idea/suggestion/request to SE, as their doing it makes the most sense, but it could be years before they do it. So:

• Wondering if it would be possible to have someone look at updating logger to display both on screen and in the log the name of the pet's owner (DRG, SMN, BST, etc) with the action of the pet. Or:

• Creating a new add-on to add the information instead of logger.

NOTE: I looked at the logger Read.Me file and saw the contact information for suggestion and bugs, but can't find the person on FFXIAH as specified. Does anyone know how to contact the developer of the logger add-on, please?

Thank you.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-27 17:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It is possible, and not terribly complicated.

Would you think it should be its own add-on (update both the on-screen messages and the log file)?

Would you think it should be part of logger (both on screen and in the log file)?

How can I submit this idea to SE, as IMHO, the best place to add it is in the game's code. Going this route, though, could take years, so an add-on or add-on update makes the most sense for its speed to "market."
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-28 06:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Years? More like decades. We didn't get the FFXI equivalent of Tparty until well after 10 years of up time, and that was somthing simple.

I couldn't write an addon, but my thoughts are that one could take whatever code in scoreboard that discerns which volts are yours, and use them as a detection, then with the return data, somehow change your pets damage to a different color, or add it on screen like other things such as the omen addon do.

Personally,and i just remembered this, i have my Battlemod set to filter out everyone elses pets damage, and can only see my own. although i still need to manually count how many volts went off, and then i get the damage from scoreboard or do the math myself.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-28 07:06:39
Link | Citer | R

I imagine that it could be possible to include the pet's owner via Logger, but it's output is unrelated to the actual in-game chatlog output. For example, I've customized my Logger to record gameday and gametime on each line, but none of that shows in-game. Works fine for data analysis later, but won't help you in the moment for figuring anything out like Scoreboard would..

Might want to just dig thru Scoreboard, locate the code that relates to identifying pet ownership, then import/adapt it into Battlemod (or Logger, if out of game analysis is what you are looking for.) Seems like the most viable solution without having to write your own addon.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 07:18:13
Link | Citer | R

How might it look in the game window and log file? (NOTE: This is just for one player and not multiple at same time .. goal is to show the idea in the simplest form.)

00:13:34 Ibhalliwell starts casting Ramuh on Ibhalliwell.
00:15:10 Ramuh (Ibhalliwell) hits the Elder Goobbue for 630
00:15:12 The Elder Gobbue misses Ramuh (Ibhalliwell).
00:15:14 Ramuh (Ibhalliwell) hits the Elder Goobbue for 640
00:15:15 Ramuh (Ibhalliwell) scores a critical hit! The Elder Goobbue takes 1131 points of damage
00:15:18 Ramuh (Ibhalliwell) hits the Elder Goobbue for 632 points of damage.
00:15:18 Ramuh (Ibhalliwell) defeats the Elder Goobbue.

The idea is pet's name with the owner's name following inside parentheses (e.g. (Ibhalliwell)). Again, I'd like to say, this suggestion / idea is for all pet owners not just Summoners.

Thanks! :)

P.S. If anyone knows how to contact the owner of logger, please, let me know. I'd like to suggest this idea to his add-on.

Also anyone know how to submit this idea to SE?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 07:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for your reply! :)

Ragnarok.Neyochimaru said: »
My thoughts are that one could take whatever code in scoreboard that discerns which volts are yours, and use them as a detection, then with the return data, somehow change your pets damage to a different color, or add it on screen like other things such as the omen addon do.

One aspect / advantage to this idea is for leaders of Linkshells / Groups wanting to look at individual performance during an all out assault.

While ScoreBoard breaks out the total damage at the individual pet level, it doesn't give you the detail needed to see what went right and wrong. It is like looking at a battle at the 100,000 foot instead of the 100 foot level.

As for colors, it would be had to do this in a logfile. Logfiles are great for post battle analysis. While screens are OK, during an Omen or Dynamis D run do you want the leaders or even members taking the time to read the window and trying to figure stuff out. Sure one might do it for a specific reason, but for good / total analysis one needs to do it afterwards via the logfile, right?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 07:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, been thinking ....

The TimeStamp add-on adds information to the onscreen messages and ScoreBoard can tell one pet from another.

Maybe a new add-on using techniques from both is a way to go ... As logger picks up the TimeStamp modifications, a new add-on might be the better way to go .....

What do people think?
By Nyarlko 2018-07-28 07:59:18
Link | Citer | R

IBHalliwell said: »
Hmmm, been thinking ....

The TimeStamp add-on adds information to the onscreen messages and ScoreBoard can tell one pet from another.

Maybe a new add-on using techniques from both is a way to go ... As logger picks up the TimeStamp modifications, a new add-on might be the better way to go .....

What do people think?

TimeStamp only modifies what is displayed in the in-game chatlog. TimeStamp modifications are not recorded by Logger.
That's why I had to modify Logger in order to record gamedate/gametime.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 08:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
Hmmm, been thinking ....

What do people think?

TimeStamp only modifies what is displayed in the in-game chatlog. TimeStamp modifications are not recorded by Logger.

Oh! OK, my mistake.

How would you get the pet owner's name in both the on-screen messages and in the logfile? I hope this is both possible and someone does it. /bow

Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-07-28 11:27:21
Link | Citer | R

If logger is loaded after timestamp, logger will log the timestamps. this tends to not happen unless you manually load things as compared to letting windower do it
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 13:14:03
Link | Citer | R

I imagine that it could be possible to include the pet's owner via Logger, but it's output is unrelated to the actual in-game chatlog output.

Hold it .. just noticed .. you wrote logger?! Wow! /bow

For some reason I thought it was someone else. Thank you for creating such a great add-on (ah, sometimes I get duplicate lines and am wondering what I can do to stop it).

Again /bow and thank you so very much.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 13:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Casey said: »

If logger is loaded after timestamp, logger will log the timestamps. this tends to not happen unless you manually load things as compared to letting windower do it

Excuse my ignorance of the Windower API and abilities, but . . .

I'm wondering if:

• Could logger insure it came after other add-ons to pick up their modifications to chat / messages? --OR--

• Could other add-ons (e.g. timestamp) insure they came ahead of logger?

Another thought is for the user to update their init.txt to unload and load logger at the very end.

Bit of a transition here:

For my purposes (with pets) having logger provide the pet names is completely acceptable and I'd look forward to the update. However having the data on the screen for everyone to view is the proper direction (e.g. PetName or PetNameID add-on loaded before logger).

Question to Nyarlko not specific to the Pet issue: If the order of loading is what insures logger picks up other add-on modifications, would you be willing to modify logger to load last of all add-ons (if that is possible)?

Another thought is those Add-ons wanting to load before logger could (finding logger loaded) unload it and reload, as that would cause it to be after the add-on.

Anyway, logger or add-on, unload or load, I'm just glad there is hope for this idea via Windower.

Windower Providing/Fixing What SE Should Forgot to Give Players.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-28 15:25:14
Link | Citer | R

I imagine that it could be possible to include the pet's owner via Logger, but it's output is unrelated to the actual in-game chatlog output.

Hold it .. just noticed .. you wrote logger?! Wow! /bow

For some reason I thought it was someone else. Thank you for creating such a great add-on (ah, sometimes I get duplicate lines and am wondering what I can do to stop it).

Again /bow and thank you so very much.

Nonononono XD I did not write Logger. I altered the copy that I use to record my own logs and added the functionality of recording gameday/gametime for my own use. The only addon that I've written myself is EasyNuke (for unified modal elemental magic nuking,) and that took me a while even with backup from professional programmers. ^^;;;;;

I am a complete novice at this stuff myself, but what you are asking for seems logically possible, so hopefully someone else can implement it for you.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 15:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Just FYI: on the time stamp and logger issue . .

When I insure timestamp is first loaded and then logger, I get, as an example:

15:27:51[15:27:51] Search result: 540 people found in all known areas.
15:27:51[15:27:51] (¦ Note: The list of people found has been truncated.)
15:28:15[15:28:15] /?
15:28:15[15:28:15] /ver

So, I'm thinking a PetName add-on AND an update to logger to insure it is the last add-on loaded might be the solution for all add-ons that update the messages / log / chat / etc.

Any thoughts from those who write add-ons and/or the Window developers?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-29 01:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Just FYI:

I added to init.txt:

lua unload timestamp
lua unload logger
lua load timestamp
lua load logger

Now getting timestamp time information on the messages both on-screen and in the logfile without using the logger setting.xml file.