I Honestly Need Help.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » I honestly need help.
I honestly need help.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Smokinskull 2018-07-21 15:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said: »
Good luck to you man. I shared the link on fb and the like, I'll donate this thursday when I get paid.
Thank you!
By Smokinskull 2018-07-21 15:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kuztastic said: »
Smokin, I've known you for a long time man, seen you go through a lot of ***and grief over the years. (some grief from me being a hard-*** on you in-game).
I know you'll pull through.
Gave what I could for now. Good luck man!
One of my greatest friends in this game, thank you, means more to me then you'll ever know.
[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-21 19:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Thus far I want to thank everyone who has helped, said they would help, or who have said a prayer. I am almost to my goal. To God be the Glory!

You guys have helped more than most people I have known my whole entire life, the gaming community is amazing.

Thank You,

Darryl
[+]
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2018-07-21 23:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Just made a donation and bumping this back to the front page. Best of luck to you and your children. I hope all goes well with your new job and things get better for you.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 01:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
Just made a donation and bumping this back to the front page. Best of luck to you and your children. I hope all goes well with your new job and things get better for you.

Thank you we really appreciate it!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-22 07:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

what you need is to do is man the *** up. life gets difficult sometimes, sure, but looking outside yourself for help is where you went wrong. you have got to rely on yourself. you gotta dig deep.

I was avoiding commenting here because I was mostly thinking *** thoughts, but *** this entire post right here. We didn't make it as a species by going at it alone. We tackled issues together, and with it we conquered the whole damn world. This *** mindset of "being a man" and taking on the world alone is complete and utter ***. Sometimes you need help, sometimes others need help, we should all be there for others in their time of need so they can be there in ours.

The whole "go it alone" ***is exactly what makes us have a bunch of lonely angry dudes that end up shooting people because they never figured out how to deal with life and never got the help they desperately needed from others. It's a toxic mindset that goes against the very nature of humanity and it has no place in civilization. We work together, we die together, if there's anywhere that mentality should be understood it's in a goddamned MMO like FFXI where you have always had to work with others to do anything.
[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 07:34:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Smokinskull said: »
I honestly need help. I was completely unprepared and scared.

what you need is to do is man the *** up. life gets difficult sometimes, sure, but looking outside yourself for help is where you went wrong. you have got to rely on yourself. you gotta dig deep.

lost a job? get another one. car breaks down? fix it or walk or bike or hitchhike.

grow up. stop expecting other people to help every time you get into a jam. your decisions, your actions or inaction, your life choices all lead up to you being in this situation.

we didn't get to enjoy making your kid so why should we share the burden of taking care of it?

you were unprepared because you never think things through. you don't take responsibility for your actions so it just piles up until there is an avalanche.

you are weak. weak minded and weak willed but if there is hope it's going to have to come from you. you're going to have to get tough, make difficult choices and face a lot of ugly truths about yourself.

always begging for help, always leaning on others is why you were unprepared you have to live like a warrior, accept responsibility and make positive steps in the right direction.

quit whining and get to work on a real solution instead of electronic panhandling like a bum.

need money? sell whatever it is you made this post with, sell your character, sell your computer, sell all your clothes.

where there is a will there is a way.

you can't find a will or buy one or borrow it from a friend. you forge it in your soul through hard work, sacrifice and rising to meet difficult challenges.

we all got our own ***to deal with bro, we don't need yours.

love,
nikolce

First off you do not know me. To sit here and belittle me because I asked for help wow. I did sell most of my stuff. I did find a new job. And your a are damn right I was scared and unprepared. I never imagined raising my kids alone, I never imagined that something this bizarre would even happen. I have been on my own and self sufficient since I was 17 years old, never expected I would be here. What you don't know is I had surgery last year and I was off of work almost a year, I blew through my savings, 401k to support my kids and my household. So frankly you can shove it.

The funny thing is you are not exempt from going through anything and I hope you never go through anything where you may need someones help. And let me agree with you people do not need my problems, but I've been gladly taking on peoples my whole life because when people need help you help. If your Premise is I'm some sit at home do nothing, who collects checks, uses the system or some Welfare King you are wrong.

But its good to know compassionate people exist, can help, and when people deal with life's problems and have no solution God places them in position of help. Like I said, I hope you never need help, I hope life doesn't bring you down and I pray God continues to bless you so you wont ever need a soul.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-07-22 07:41:15
Link | Citer | R

“Refusing to ask for help when you need it is refusing someone the chance to be helpful.” – Ric Ocasek

“Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” Ziad K. Abdelnour
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 07:56:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Good luck my friend.
Any idea what repairs will cost on your wheels?

It was well over $2000, funny thing is the car is financed so my credit will take a hit. But I am humble enough to buy a $500-1000 car to make sure I am able to make it to work. In any situation I would have maintained, but between not expecting to lose my job, a day later having this tragic incident happen it was just too overwelming. Unemployment is nothing, barely feeds my kids and I.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 07:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Good luck my friend.
Any idea what repairs will cost on your wheels?
Thank you for your kind words.

Post deleted by User.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 08:22:08
Link | Citer | R

You mentioned having the car 6 years, how long was the financing term?

And was it written off? Or fixable you think?
What died?

They basically told me if I turned the car in it would be a voluntary repossession. From my discussion with them and knowledge of the field since I worked in it a while, I am still responsible for the payments. The term was 72 months. From what the dealership said I spun a rod bearing, requires the whole engine to be disassembled, and to hoping it didn't damage anything else. At $100 an hour, labor and the parts its not worth it. I am expecting a call later this week to see if we can write it off because the principal and interest are pretty much settled.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 09:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
*** this entire post

Smokinskull said: »
you can shove it

duly noted.

you asked for help and I gave it to you. maybe it's not the help you wanted but I believe it's the help that you need.

as shitty as you think your life is right now if you pull your head out of your *** and take a good look around you'll find there are a lot of people in more dire straits than you.

help yourself so that you can then help others.

you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution.

you do not know me.

and you don't know me either. but it doesn't matter.

if you want to keep making fresh excuses instead of taking responsibility for your own mistakes then you're in a lot worse shape than you realize.

good luck hard work
So telling me that I am a shitty human being, who happens to be going through a rough time, not taking responsibility, not realizing other people have worse problems, and asking for help is your help?
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 09:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I have been doing that my whole life, mentoring young at risk minority boys, serving at my church and giving help to those who need it, volunteering throughout the community, providing a place to stay for friends and family, loaning money I never expect to get back, being there for friends and family who are never there for me. Yeah your right dude!
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 09:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Like I said before, I hope never in your life a time comes where you need someone. I pray that you continue to be prosperous, well to do, no one ever dies, an unforeseen set of circumstances cripples your way of life, your car never breaks down, your house never burns down, sickness never over takes you..... Please remove yourself!
 Shiva.Lirmont
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lirmont
By Shiva.Lirmont 2018-07-22 09:29:06
Link | Citer | R

we

This person doesn't speak for me. I already chipped in, but I'll chip in again if it's between that and you taking this person's invective as advice.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 09:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
“Refusing to ask for help when you need it is refusing someone the chance to be helpful.” – Ric Ocasek

“Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” Ziad K. Abdelnour

Apparently this blow hard is either living in his parents basement, has never been through a hard time, or lives in his parents basement and has no clue what hard work looks like as a single parent of a 9. 7, and 2 year old.
 Asura.Genocidius
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Genocidius 2018-07-22 09:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Forrrr edge maverick
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 09:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Lirmont said: »
we

This person doesn't speak for me. I already chipped in, but I'll chip in again if it's between that and you taking this person's invective as advice.

Not even paying this dude attention anymore. Thank you, I know who and what I am and what I face. Just some internet troll who's momma and daddy pays for it all and he went to some great college got a good job and never had to struggle.

Post deleted by User.
By Andresman2244 2018-07-22 09:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Honestly ffxi is not a game where ppl help at anymore... It's just boots and elitist douchebags besides the the actual players like me..and don't forget that these elitists work for SE also lol.
By Numbahz 2018-07-22 09:49:16
Link | Citer | R

I too did what I could to help you out in these desperate times. I understand the courage and pride it may take to get yourself out of such a incredible situation but understand that there are many around you who do not want to see anyone ever fail or be in a horrid situation. Sometimes all it takes is thinking 1st what can I do to help this person vs ask why. When we all wake up this Sunday morning and do our Gain Xp's while eating flapjacks, know that taking a moment to help this man who asked us for his help even saying some encouraging words goes a really long way. So I ask you all to man up and make a change.

Best of luck to you in the future Smokinskull and I know that this wonderful close knitted community can come through and lift your spirits! :)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-07-22 09:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »

Apparently this blow hard is either living in his parents basement, has never been through a hard time, or lives in his parents basement and has no clue what hard work looks like as a single parent of a 9. 7, and 2 year old.

I was trying say it was ok ask for help after reading the negative post. May God bless you an help you in your time of need.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 10:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Don’t be too hard on Nick. He’s just trying to help in his own way, for your kids sake; He wants them to have the very best motivated, tough, and ruthlessly unstoppable father possible.

He will easily and gladly drill that message into you in any way he can, for their sake.
If I wasn't motivated, ruthless and brave/tough I wouldn't crack my pride and be here brave enough to say "I've done all I know, I need help." You think its easy for me to be here asking complete strangers for help, because your family is a bunch of lowlifes? Never had help in my life, the one time I ask this is what I get? I didn't ask for any of this to happen, but I will go to the ends of the earth for my children!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7