Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster Mini-Tutorials
Beastmaster Mini-Tutorials
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2018-07-15 17:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Hi Guyz

Random idea fairy has returned~~~ Apologies if this is redundant, but I was bored!

Just thought I'd upload something a little different / more helpful to less experienced BSTs than just a video of me throwing a pet at a thing and hitting some ready macros to kill it (or spamming Dawn Mulsums!!)

If this becomes a thing, I might upload more things like this over time. Or if you want to contribute to the thing, feel free to add content.

Vagary - Popping Plouton (2 of 3 steps)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Serveur: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-07-15 18:13:06
Link | Citer | R

+1!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-15 21:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Very Nice Tutorial Bzt.
[+]
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-21 02:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Just our of curiosity, as someone who hasn't really done much vagary aside from the initial clear, what's the purpose of this.

Also, is beastmaster (with trusts) able to solo all of vagary?
By kishr 2018-07-21 09:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Link to 3/3
By cramerb535 2018-07-21 19:50:25
Link | Citer | R

I have been asking on Reddit about your videos... Would love to see some tutorials on setups ect. I am trying to become a great BST and the more I can learn the better lol!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2018-07-22 19:09:38
Link | Citer | R

FichesAquarium said: »
Just our of curiosity, as someone who hasn't really done much vagary aside from the initial clear, what's the purpose of this.

I just enjoy posting content to the BST community when I find time. I think it's cool to see different ways of doing things, as I'm sure there are those out there less experienced/newer or don't have the jobs/gear/mules.

I don't consider the things I post to be the best/most efficient, but it's just -a- way of using a job that I like to play.

FichesAquarium said: »
Also, is beastmaster (with trusts) able to solo all of vagary?

Not reliably. The biggest obstacle is time. The bosses are individually soloable, and the wave/zone clearing can also be done, but it is a challenge to put out enough damage to do both of these things fast enough on your own as BST with trusts.

EX) Deathborne Gate - If you get lucky enough to not have to deal with a lot of Cruel Joke / Last Laugh, then Palloritus will go down. But what also slows you down is the frequent AoE that forces you to step back often to recover. If you're trying to do this on your own as BST, it just takes so long to clear the rest of the zone that you're likely only left with 15+/- minutes to finish off Palloritus. I'll post a video of a recent attempt at a zone clear this week when I'm done editing it.

EX) Brash Gate - If you're lucky enough to pop each wave's boss within 1 or 2 pillars, you -might- be able to do it. Just know that trying to smash Brimboil quickly might prove painful.

kishr said: »
Link to 3/3

I didn't record a Tutorial video showing the 3rd criteria for popping Plouton since it's just "Kill 5 elementals with magic damage" and that's just spamming magic ready moves to kill elementals. I just wanted to show the other two criteria that require more preparation from a BST perspective. If you want to see the entire Plouton pop and kill sequence which includes that step, you can visit my 2016 video!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]