Choppy FFXI

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Choppy FFXI
Choppy FFXI
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 14:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Check if you have logger enabled, I had a problem the other week where I would lag whenever a message would scroll up. Disable it if you have it enabled and see how it treats you then, I noticed improvements immediately.

I don't have logger on. I wish it were that easy lol. thank you though.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-07-14 15:45:33
Link | Citer | R

Since you mentioned that this problem happened all of the sudden, and you have not changed your game configuration - the cause could be external to the game entirely.

Before running Final Fantasy - bring up task manager. Select the details tab. Sort by CPU. You can ignore the System Idle process. Are any other processes taking up a significant amount of CPU?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-14 15:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Not that you'll pay any attention but every time this happens to me its an addon.

it's always a different addon, but always an addon nevertheless

Try it vanilla, if not choppy, start dropping addons till you find the reason. This has happened to me 4 separate times this year. every time windower does an update or windows does an update something *** up. really irritating.
By Staleyx 2018-07-14 15:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Check bios settings make sure everything is working. Correct video card etc.

Ive seen this happen... are you plugged into video card and not motherboard?
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 16:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not that you'll pay any attention but every time this happens to me its an addon.

it's always a different addon, but always an addon nevertheless

Try it vanilla, if not choppy, start dropping addons till you find the reason. This has happened to me 4 separate times this year. every time windower does an update or windows does an update something *** up. really irritating.

Im unsure why youd assume I wouldn't pay attention but ok. When I did a reset I tried it vanilla with no windower and the problem persists. Do people usually ignore you?
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 16:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Since you mentioned that this problem happened all of the sudden, and you have not changed your game configuration - the cause could be external to the game entirely.

Before running Final Fantasy - bring up task manager. Select the details tab. Sort by CPU. You can ignore the System Idle process. Are any other processes taking up a significant amount of CPU?

While running XI and chrome earlier my cpu useage would dip to 18% but averaged in the upper 20s-low 30s.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 16:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
Check bios settings make sure everything is working. Correct video card etc.

Ive seen this happen... are you plugged into video card and not motherboard?

Ill look it over when I get home. I dont know what you're talking about with the last question.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-14 17:09:00
Link | Citer | R

(multiple) slots to hook your monitor into in the pc. Motherboard being the standard ones and video card being separate ones. every config is different.

He wants to know which one you're using.

Myriad of things it could be if its not windower, most of them have been covered though. Running the task manager while xi is open might show you the problem. if; card working 100%; ram maxed out; cpu max out
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2018-07-14 18:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Hmm you did say laptop now that you got in nov 2017, is that the machine causing issues, if it is then I did read that throughout the post and DGvoodoo may just help you honestly. Ashita also has something to help too that Atom0s put together, works very well too.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-14 19:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Wait, it's a laptop? You said it WAS working fine?

It's either your intel gpu (integrated) had an update and you need to roll it back) or a plugin/addon. Assuming you're using Windows 10 and you have two gpus it's using the integrated.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-07-14 19:23:16
Link | Citer | R

http://dege.freeweb.hu/
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 19:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

It's either your intel gpu (integrated) had an update and you need to roll it back) or a plugin/addon. Assuming you're using Windows 10 and you have two gpus it's using the integrated.

I have it set to onlt use the nvidia and not the integrated, but yoire right it does have both.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 19:48:51
Link | Citer | R

(multiple) slots to hook your monitor into in the pc. Motherboard being the standard ones and video card being separate ones. every config is different.

He wants to know which one you're using.

Myriad of things it could be if its not windower, most of them have been covered though. Running the task manager while xi is open might show you the problem. if; card working 100%; ram maxed out; cpu max out

Its a laptop so fortunately i can't screw that up.
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-07-14 19:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
While running XI and chrome earlier my cpu useage would dip to 18% but averaged in the upper 20s-low 30s.

Chrome is total and utter garbage! please download firefox from mozillas official website. the problem with chrome is that they get more information about all the websites your looking at twice, because google wants to spy on you.. ontop of google already spying on you.. trust me, Use mozilla firefox and dont look back it runs so much more faster without slowing down your game, you would be amazed.. on top of being able to use pop up blockers its really the best browser..
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-07-14 19:59:20
Link | Citer | R

ypu can try turning off texture filtering- trilinear optimization off as well and see if that helps.. the thing with FFXI is it was designed to be played on the PS2, so to make things easier for your laptop to process you can try turning down the animation frames and clipping plane distance in game to improve your performance as well...
By Endtanis 2018-07-14 20:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Do you use Windower? Try launching normally with and without Windower?
By Jetackuu 2018-07-14 20:40:23
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »

I have it set to onlt use the nvidia and not the integrated, but yoire right it does have both.

It doesn't matter what you have it set to, Windows 10 will send all directx8 calls to the integrated. I'd see if that driver changed recently and try to revert it, you said it was working fine before so having to use dgvoodoo shouldn't be necessary for you if you can get it working to how it was, otherwise that's probably your only real option as it translates the calls.

edit: As you have a 7th gen i5, going to Windows 7 wouldn't work for you, only other option would be to potentially run it in a VM, but that's a lot of overhead for most people.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-14 20:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zart said: »
Quote:

Chrome is total and utter garbage! please download Palemoon from Palemoon project's official website. the problem with chrome is that they get more information about all the websites your looking at twice, because google wants to spy on you.. ontop of google already spying on you.. trust me, Use mozilla firefox and dont look back it runs so much more faster without slowing down your game, you would be amazed.. on top of being able to use pop up blockers its really the best browser..
ftfy
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 20:48:51
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't matter what you have it set to, Windows 10 will send all directx8 calls to the integrated. I'd see if that driver changed recently and try to revert it, you said it was working fine before so having to use dgvoodoo shouldn't be necessary for you if you can get it working to how it was, otherwise that's probably your only real option as it translates the calls.

edit: As you have a 7th gen i5, going to Windows 7 wouldn't work for you, only other option would be to potentially run it in a VM, but that's a lot of overhead for most people.

Ill see if I can get it to roll back. Ill be home in 30 minutes or so.

I appreciate everyone's time and effort on my behalf.
By Jetackuu 2018-07-14 20:58:25
Link | Citer | R

NP, some intel drivers/igpus work, some don't, for XI that is. The specs of the one on your cpu are more than enough umph, just they often will release drivers that bork it. I'm assuming your laptop's EUFI doesn't allow you to force the integrated gpu off, if it does by some miracle then do it there, should also resolve the problem (most laptops won't let you).
By Staleyx 2018-07-14 21:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Sorry didn't know it was a laptop. Try dgvoodo. Idk what else to check
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 22:57:47
Link | Citer | R

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

So I was really watching my cpu/disc/network usage like a hawk!

I began to notice, after rolling back drivers, updating, etc etc, that my disc and networks would max at 100%. It wasn't doing this before, but I saw a program called "Rivet Dynamic Bandwidth Manager" WHAT A NAME!

This was using a lot of disc space randomly so I did a google, and upon disabling it my game immediately began running like butter!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-14 22:59:59
Link | Citer | R

The *** is that ***? Bloatware or malware? (There's a difference, eh?)
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 23:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Bloatware I think would be the term for it. It's supposed to be a tool that monitors and maximizes your network speeds idk man. Malwares a better name for it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-14 23:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Running the task manager while xi is open might show you the problem. if; card working 100%; ram maxed out; cpu max out etc

I win! Congrats on finding the issue, be safe out there;

By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-14 23:38:37
Link | Citer | R

It wasn't doing this before,
By kishr 2018-07-15 01:04:53
Link | Citer | R

Try vanilla ffxi, happened to me.
If it works fine a addon is causing it.
Last time I had to remove gearswap and put in a fresh version of it.
Skip went away.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-07-17 02:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

/thread .. Thank you Frod.

Mods can close this thread now..
By Jetackuu 2018-07-17 02:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Syto said: »

/thread .. Thank you Frod.

Mods can close this thread now..
Except if you read, that wasn't their issue, surprisingly.

Themoreyouknow™
[+]
By kishr 2018-07-17 03:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Syto said: »

/thread Mods can close this thread now..

I'm high and mighty I say what I want where I please.....