Least Independent Craftskill?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » least independent craftskill?
least independent craftskill?
By DaneBlood 2018-07-05 12:19:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking for what craft skills (besides cooking) that would have the least dependency on other craft being leveled as well

I want to get some crafting skill leveled on my mule before I figure out what to do on my main.
One already has cooking capped so im looking for the second least dependent craft to skillup?

-- edit --
realize my title should have been most independent or least dependent. I managed to mix that up
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 12:47:21
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
I'm looking for what craft skills (besides cooking) that would have the least dependency on other craft being leveled as well

I want to get some crafting skill leveled on my mule before I figure out what to do on my main.
One already has cooking capped so im looking for the second least dependent craft to skillup?

-- edit --
realize my title should have been most independent or least dependent. I managed to mix that up
Out of all the 110 crafts I’ve done I’m gonna say alchemy and woodworking. I know I took woodworking to 90 pretty easily (long skill up times) without subs. To 100 I needed leather sub (50ish should be good) to 110 I think it alchemy I forget. Alchemy to 90 wasn’t needed really except 100 to 110 was cloth(spammed hexed gear)
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 12:49:58
Link | Citer | R

You can get every craft to 110 with zero subs.

But, every recipe worth doing has at least 1 sub craft, most 2sub crafts.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-05 12:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can get every craft to 110 with zero subs.

But, every recipe worth doing has at least 1 sub craft, most 2sub crafts.
Very true. I wanted easier/faster skill ups for example for alchemy so got cloth up to skill up on hexed gear. Made a lot of -1 bodies during this time which made me good money on the side. That was then though.
By DaneBlood 2018-07-06 11:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Thank you i will look into alchemy for my mule then

im thinkin going Gold smithing on my main as it seems to be the big gil recipies ( but big investments as well
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-06 11:34:42
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
Thank you i will look into alchemy for my mule then

im thinkin going Gold smithing on my main as it seems to be the big gil recipies ( but big investments as well
That one you need smithing for sure(I’d cap it) unsure what else is needed for gold but either way pricy.
 Siren.Shopice
Serveur: Siren
user: Shopice
By Siren.Shopice 2018-07-06 13:34:12
Link | Citer | R

for goldsmithing, you definitely need smithing and alchemy for subs.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-06 13:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Shopice said: »
for goldsmithing, you definitely need smithing and alchemy for subs.
I haven’t done goldsmithing yet myself what level do you recommend to start skilling up alchemy?
By Nyarlko 2018-07-06 19:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I'd recommend just knocking any/all needed subs out ASAP.

It's going to feel like more of a hassle to stop working on your main (which is "almost done!") to work on subs later on. And occasionally, you might run into recipes that would bump up an HQ tier IF you had the non-body skill+1 GP gear for your subcraft, which is also a hassle to stop working on your main to go get GP on a different craft in order to get.