users online
Forum » Windower » General » Ninja Lua
Ninja Lua
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-04 19:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone share a Ninja Lua with me?

I'm currently using this one
https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/NIN.lua

but its a bit too complicated for me. I'm not really sure how to swap between DD, DT and Magic Evasion sets.

Basically just looking for a Ninja Lua that...

* Has the pre-cast, mid-cast and post cast sets for Nukes, Enfeebles and Utsusemi.
* Has weapon skill sets for Hi, Shun, Metsu, Yu, To, Retsu and Ten.
* Has Stp set, DT set and/or Magic Evasion/Stp tank set. Don't really need the different haste sets.
* Makes it easy to swap between the different sets with a macro.

I'd write my own but I don't really understand the whole thing. Aside from editing gear pieces, I don't know how to add/remove things from one without creating problems. I've read guides, but computer tech isn't really my strong suit, so I figured Id ask if anyone had a lua or wouldn't mind writing up one for me that did those things. If you would like to write one and are on Asura I don't mind rewarding you with some gil.

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2018-07-04 23:00:49
Link | Citer | R

That's my lua. DD sets have Mid, Low, Hi modes you toggle with F9. You could add an "STP" mode if you want.

You can make macros for anything you want. For example, if you'd rather cycle through DD modes with a macro instead of F9, then you'd put /console gs c cycle OffenseMode in a macro.

My lua's all use Mote's library, so there are some facets of these luas that are decided for you. It's convention over configuration.

For example, you get a Hybrid mode, and a DT mode. These may seem similar, but there are subtle differences. I suggest playing around with them, and using //gs showswaps and watching how your gear changes.

Hybrid mode is activated with CTRL+F9
DT mode is activated with F10. You can cycle it's modes with CTRL+F10. You are now locked in DT mode, and the only way to back out is ALT+F12 (or equivalent macro, or typing in command)

I recommend reading Mote's Globals, where all of these shortcuts are defined. (^) caret = CTRL key. (!) exclamation = ALT key, and (@) at symbol = windows key. You can also observe the commands tied to these shortcuts, and if you prefer, use them within macros exactly how I outlined above.

HTH
[+]
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-04 23:57:55
Link | Citer | R

I use a controller so I can't really press the F keys during a battle easily, so I prefer to use a macro.

So if I were to make a macro what would I need to type in it for it to switch me between Offensive Mode, Hybrid Mode and DT mode? Also what are Low, Medium and Acc on the cycle thing?
By Boshi 2018-07-05 12:46:57
Link | Citer | R

I feel like for DDwise the different haste sets are the most important part.

There's several ways to do it that have it auto-change the gear for you.

Gearinfo is very complex but the best, if you look thru previous nin topics Langy made a very good one that's easy to setup
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2018-07-05 14:13:35
Link | Citer | R

FichesAquarium said: »
I use a controller so I can't really press the F keys during a battle easily, so I prefer to use a macro.

So if I were to make a macro what would I need to type in it for it to switch me between Offensive Mode, Hybrid Mode and DT mode?

To cycle offense modes, you would put this in a macro (including the slash)
/console gs c cycle OffenseMode

My lua only has one Hybrid Mode "PDT". When you cycle this mode, it just cycles between your normal mode and PDT.
/console gs c cycle HybridMode

Defense modes behave differently. Your gear will be locked. Meaning, you won't change gear for any actions, or status changes. Put the following in a macro to enable it.
/console gs c set DefenseMode Physical

My lua only has one physical defense mode (PDT), but if there were more, you would cycle through them like this:
/console gs c cycle PhysicalDefenseMode

MDT mode
/console gs c set DefenseMode Magical

To get out of PDT/MDT Defense Modes (to unlock)
/console gs c reset DefenseMode

Note, HybridMode's gear is sets.engaged.PDT. Defense mode's gear is sets.defense.PDT and sets.defense.MDT

Also what are Low, Medium and Acc on the cycle thing?

These sets offer different levels of accuracy for different content, with your normal set (sets.engaged) having the least amount of accuracy, and Acc having the most.
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-05 14:56:19
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »

Gearinfo is very complex but the best, if you look thru previous nin topics Langy made a very good one that's easy to setup

I disagree. 99% of the time I have haste. If I am soloing I have capped haste. If I am in a party, its usually with someone who provides haste. Its just not needed for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2018-07-05 15:20:30
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »

I disagree. 99% of the time I have haste. If I am soloing I have capped haste. If I am in a party, its usually with someone who provides haste. Its just not needed for me.

The idea is to cap delay reduction at all times, and at the same time avoid wearing too much dual wield gear when it's not necessary, as it reduces your TP return.

For example, even if you have Haste 2 you will still need approximately 20% DW to cap. There's a ton of DPS to be gained or lost by doing this.
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-05 17:19:38
Link | Citer | R

I understand the point and I think you're exaggerating by "ton of dps" by my testing the dps change of not wearing DW gear at all with different levels of haste (except for none because that never happens) is so astronomically low its just not worth the effort.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2018-07-05 20:15:15
Link | Citer | R

I understand the point and I think you're exaggerating by "ton of dps" by my testing the dps change of not wearing DW gear at all with different levels of haste (except for none because that never happens) is so astronomically low its just not worth the effort.

I’m not. This is what we have spreadsheets and parses for. There’s a large difference.
[+]