Is Asura A Good Place? Looking To Transfer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer
Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-14 13:13:21
Link | Citer | R

This again! Think about Gotham from the original Batman movies. Everyones pretty nice but there are dudes painting over statues and stuff. Lord of the flies.
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2018-05-14 14:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura is kinda like an insane asylum with ***smeared all over the walls.
Wouldn't have it any other way !!!!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-14 15:02:41
Link | Citer | R

If you move to Asura you won't regret it, plenty to do and a huge number of groups full of returning players like yourself. The only real negative is the amount of hate those refusing to leave dieing servers will have for you.
[+]
By Evilwyzeguy 2018-05-14 15:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Ton of people around on Asura but 90%+ are just trolls, mercs, alts. It's not a bad server if you find a nice LS to join and just run stuff with them, but my best guess would be you can do that on any server. Just be warned that getting anything done on here is REMA only just about.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-05-14 15:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nikolce you should come over to Asura and troll the server with your rhetoric during shout prime (roughly 8PM est nightly). would be 10/10 classic

there have been a metric ***ton of "my server is dead how is yours?" type threads. the logic used a lot lately is asura has more people therefore there must be more things happening to choose from...

but if you suck nobody is going to put up with it for as long any more ON ANY SERVER. You can get a long way solo now and you have to do it. you have to nut it out and get to a level that can be improved upon and then go out and prove yourself in shouts, whether it's for CP or whatever. you have to demonstrate that you know how to play this dumb game and that you have put the time in to get to an acceptable level.

If you play well enough in pugs you will get many invites to join a shell doing whatever content. find one with similar goals and there you are boom

the carrying days are over, back line afk days are over. sucky half *** play is over. nobody puts up with it any more anywhere.

Here is a simple test. If you think that you need help to play this game, then you do, you aren't going to get it 24/7 and you are going to quit again. that is all.

it's a basic problem of mindset. you are either part of the problem or part of the solution, where there is a will there is a way and if you have no will you will just quit again when people stop helping you.
[+]
By axetofall 2018-05-14 15:38:30
Link | Citer | R

High pop servers don’t bother me. I live in NYC so I’m used to a lot of *** crammed into one space.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-05-14 15:39:05
Link | Citer | R

I transferred from Sylph and Asura is much preferable. There are shout groups, the economy is healthy, and there are many players to socialize with. It's revived the game for me. Yes, some of the playerbase here is toxic, but you have to take the bad with the good.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-05-14 15:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
The only real negative is the amount of hate those refusing to leave dieing servers will have for you.
We have always encouraged our undesirables to join the great garbage heap in the sky.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-05-14 15:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura's pretty cool, I like him
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-05-14 15:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nikolce you should come over to Asura and troll the server with your rhetoric during shout prime (roughly 8PM est nightly). would be 10/10 classic

there have been a metric ***ton of "my server is dead how is yours?" type threads. the logic used a lot lately is asura has more people therefore there must be more things happening to choose from...

but if you suck nobody is going to put up with it for as long any more ON ANY SERVER. You can get a long way solo now and you have to do it. you have to nut it out and get to a level that can be improved upon and then go out and prove yourself in shouts, whether it's for CP or whatever. you have to demonstrate that you know how to play this dumb game and that you have put the time in to get to an acceptable level.

If you play well enough in pugs you will get many invites to join a shell doing whatever content. find one with similar goals and there you are boom

the carrying days are over, back line afk days are over. sucky half *** play is over. nobody puts up with it any more anywhere.

Here is a simple test. If you think that you need help to play this game, then you do, you aren't going to get it 24/7 and you are going to quit again. that is all.

it's a basic problem of mindset. you are either part of the problem or part of the solution, where there is a will there is a way and if you have no will you will just quit again when people stop helping you.

My server has a lower population than yours wanna fight about it ?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-14 15:55:54
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Honestly don't get the claims that 90% of the people here are Trolls and MercONLY. It's like 10%. If you want to do anything which requires other people (assuming you don't have 3-6 accounts to run simultaneously) then you have much more chance of getting it done on Asura than anywhere.

I do agree that being here is the first time I have ever used the blist really though. Began blisting terrible players I met in omen PUGs mostly.

They just looking at the shouts and since the 20 people on their own servers use shout to communicate, they just assume everyone else does too.

Asura has dozens of small LS's with people doing random content for advancement. Most are returned players working together to do stuff, no super players with six simultaneous accounts who can solo their own Aeonics or bazillionare mercs who sell everything from Aeonics, to CP Parties to used ladies underwear. But those guys do dominate the shouts.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-14 15:57:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently running a linkshell on Asura that is so elite I'm the only one in it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Drauni
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Drauni 2018-05-14 15:59:14
Link | Citer | R

daTs Dope! :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Serveur: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-05-14 16:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Asura's pretty cool, I like him

Eh kills NMs and doesn't afraid of anything.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-14 18:16:45
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I'm currently running a linkshell on Asura that is so elite I'm the only one in it.
If I Join would that mean it will be double elite?....
By fonewear 2018-05-14 18:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
fonewear said: »
If I Join would that mean it will be double elite?....

Yea we don't do any events we don't do anything but tell people how elite we are.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-14 19:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Like asking if Arkham Asylum is a good place to move into.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-05-14 19:07:28
Link | Citer | R

clicking on this thread....

[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-05-14 21:29:43
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-14 21:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
That said, if you'd like a pearl, I'd be happy to give you one.
Oh, I see how it is!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-14 22:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Justuas said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura is kinda like an insane asylum with ***smeared all over the walls.
How do you know when you don't play the game
Not hard just look up asura on ffxiah and watch their yell shouts.
Sadly the shout yell system on ffxiah doesn’t catch everything.

It's like netflex, if you want to watch every episode of your favorite show, gonna pay for it.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-05-15 00:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura is awful, go somewhere else
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-05-15 01:28:49
Link | Citer | R

The only time I've regretted comming to Asura is when there is a CP campaign going because every decent camp is taken and everyone has mastered their COR a long time ago.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-15 01:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Or... you should just be done CPing by now and it's a non-issue

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Aiiiight
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aiiiight
By Fenrir.Aiiiight 2018-05-15 02:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Excellent, thanks for your replies.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-05-15 02:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Or... you should just be done CPing by now and it's a non-issue
I only have one job mastered and looking at my workschedule it'll stay like that for this cp campaign.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7