First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-10 07:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Figured I'd get this thread rolling.

Fight is against x1-4 Goblin NMs.

Ravager: WAR
Deathbringer: DRK
Don: RDM
____: RUN (haven't done VD yet so haven't seen its name)

Setting: Difficult
Goblins get Aura effects when they are within 20 yalms of each other, which makes the WAR and the DRK hit extremely hard. Aura is dropped when the Goblins are separated. There is also a Furious Bozetto Bomber who spawns in occasionally to use Dirty Bomb, which is magic damage split between the number of people it hits and is almost certainly a one-shot kill if it hits one person.

Having experimented with a variety of setups the best way I have found so far is to bring pet jobs to reduce the damage of Dirty Bomb.

Tank grabs the Don and tanks it in the entry corner. PUP grabs the Deathbringer and tanks next to the right-hand pillar. Other jobs grab the Ravager and get to work on it. PUP runs over to the Ravager to help soak Bomb damage. Here's the thing though, the jobs which kill the Ravager need to be able to take some hits so couple this with needing bodies in range you're looking at 1-2 DRG or BST, a GEO and your healer (SCH, RDM or WHM could all probably do this). PUP needs to keep an eye on their Automaton's HP while it tanks the Deathbringer, as it can still hit rather hard even without its Aura. When the Ravager dies everyone except the tank goes over to the Deathbringer and gets to work on it, then moving on to finish the Don.

Setup used: PLD/PUP/SCH/GEO/DRG/DNC
'Optimal' setup (so far): Tank/PUP/RDM/GEO/DRG/DRG

VD would probably require a second PUP in place of one of the DRG to tank the extra Goblin, the RUN.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-05-10 07:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Just out of curiosity, I am assuming you tried a brd with sleeps? or a Blu with sleep/entomb? then pulling off one by one?

At work and really wishing I could try this.
By SimonSes 2018-05-10 07:56:36
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if Dirty bomb would kill solo Aegis PLD on normal difficulty? Was thinking to duo this by letting my friend tank one and me with trusts kill the other one.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 07:58:47
Link | Citer | R

If this is like the July 2016 Ambuscade Goblin Intense thing, on VD you have 4 jobs: RDM, BLM, DRK, WAR.

So BLM, not RUN.
Again supposing that: 1) it's the same as the july 2016 one, 2) Wiki isn't wrong.

I remember doing this Ambuscade with some cheap strategy that was a bit hit or miss, but I can't remember what we did right now damn it.
Wish there was a better archive of past Ambuscade discussions.
By SimonSes 2018-05-10 08:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Also maybe PLD with pet sub job to hold one on normal? Having a pet should probably be enough to survive dirty bomb on that difficulty?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 08:10:12
Link | Citer | R

More info on the original fight. It was the 4th ambuscade ever released.
From those posts it looks like I didn't bother with that, yet I remember farming it, odd.
Also in perspective Intense VD gave MUCH LESS points back then. So what wasn't worth back then, might as well be worth it these days.

Can't find more posts about it.
If (D) Intense is time efficient it's still gonna be nice to farm points anyway.
Better than Regular (VD) at least.
Intense (D) today gives much more points than Intense (VD) used to give back then (it was "just" 600 I think?)
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-10 08:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Just out of curiosity, I am assuming you tried a brd with sleeps? or a Blu with sleep/entomb? then pulling off one by one?

Elemental Seal + Nitro + Lullaby II from an epically geared BRD got a complete resist.

Elemental Seal + Stymie + Sleep II from a RDM got a complete resist.

I'd bank on them being completely immune.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-05-10 08:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Sylph.Darkside said: »

Elemental Seal + Nitro + Lullaby II from an epically geared BRD got a complete resist.

Good to know! Thanks bro. Saves me time later on.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-10 08:37:39
Link | Citer | R

If it's anything like the old July 2016 Goblin fight, then only the BLM is sleepable, the rest is immune.
 Asura.Arcadius
user: Arcadius
By Asura.Arcadius 2018-05-10 09:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Just ran V1 on D and the Goblin Bomber who does Dirty Bomb was replaced by Baby Bomber doing Blasting Bomb for 10k to stack, wiping the group.

Our pt was PLD, WHM, PUP, DRG and SMN x2 and all the pets were out.

Theory: Too many pets? Maybe SE knew we would catch on to our strat and implemented a countermeasure?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-10 09:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Stock up, people

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/14656/poseidons-ring
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-05-10 09:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arcadius said: »
Just ran V1 on D and the Goblin Bomber who does Dirty Bomb was replaced by Baby Bomber doing Blasting Bomb for 10k to stack, wiping the group.

Our pt was PLD, WHM, PUP, DRG and SMN x2 and all the pets were out.

Theory: Too many pets? Maybe SE knew we would catch on to our strat and implemented a countermeasure?

Bozzeto Bomber
We got Gelis'd for 9000k(each) one time(all 6 people were alive) and then when we only had 3 people alive it got us for 1500(each)

Seems something is 1500 dmg based on party member ??something??

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 11:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

If it says the message completely resists from even a level 1 character that means completely immune.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 12:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Sooooooooooooooooooooo.....

The goblin Darknight literally has a kraken club. He attacked 6 times in one round, ate 5 shadows and parried the 6th.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 13:15:08
Link | Citer | R

There are goblins... in basically every zone in the past. (beau and xarc)

Terrigan, NewMoval, Dangruf, um...

New Moval will be "the" zone, it has a home point
By ceinwyn 2018-05-10 13:31:57
Link | Citer | R

i was thinking dynamis jeuno?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-05-10 13:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Sooooooooooooooooooooo.....

The goblin Darknight literally has a kraken club. He attacked 6 times in one round, ate 5 shadows and parried the 6th.

I was tanking the DRK on blu, while they widdled down the WAR, sudden lunge was totally owning him for 10-15 seconds.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 14:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Theyre gonna try, but fail miserably.

I think this one really is conduit proof. Unless... you did like each avatar tanks a goblin in each corner and conduits their respective goblin one at a time.

"that group" of people (no names) fail more often than they win.
 Asura.Klanklang
user: Deedo
By Asura.Klanklang 2018-05-10 14:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Have to seperate then conduit. And someone sounds salty.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-10 15:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"that group" of people (no names) fail more often than they win.

He isn't lying.
[+]
 Odin.Volane
Serveur: Odin
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2018-05-10 15:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Some short notes, since im currently doing VD:

- the stack or spread attack from the randomly(?) spawning goblins seem to always hit the WHM, at least in the last 3 attempts.

- We currently use RUN (tanks boss+RUN), NIN (tanks WAR), DRK (tanks and kills DRK), while the rest of the party stacks with the DRK, then after it is dead NIN > RUN > boss

- Support in our case is GEO BRD WHM

So in general: 2 Supports, 1 Healer, 1-2 DPS (one of them "tanky"), 1 Tank seems to be fine for this one, everyone but the whm (me) is well geared tho
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-05-10 15:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Volane said: »
Some short notes, since im currently doing VD:

- the stack or spread attack from the randomly(?) spawning goblins seem to always hit the WHM, at least in the last 3 attempts.

- We currently use RUN (tanks boss+RUN), NIN (tanks WAR), DRK (tanks and kills DRK), while the rest of the party stacks with the DRK, then after it is dead NIN > RUN > boss

- Support in our case is GEO BRD WHM

So in general: 2 Supports, 1 Healer, 1-2 DPS (one of them "tanky"), 1 Tank seems to be fine for this one, everyone but the whm (me) is well geared tho
So in Theory if you did Run on Boss, Run on War, Drk on Drk and support, its feasible or does the one tanking the War need shadows so Nin or Blu is necessary?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 15:45:11
Link | Citer | R

....aaaaaaand "that group" already gave up trying smn style

To have been a fly on the wall, as they say.
[+]
 Odin.Volane
Serveur: Odin
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2018-05-10 15:57:26
Link | Citer | R

First off: Run can be slept (at least by BRD), so we kept him slept.

My NIN is crying that he wants to go NIN and not heavy DD.
Might be worth a try tho, the damage is kinda predictable (besides golbin rush). If you want to play it safe, I'd take a tank/shadow dps tho.

Btw: We prebuffed SCH Regen V, might help, but the fight is not THAT healing intensive, unless something goes wrong.

Frypan + Stack combo can be deadly if the whm gets hit
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 16:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Standard beginning of the month bitching but this month looks terribad for asuran shouts.

I've tried maybe 5 N's and they all get obliterated like a minute in lol.

Short of multiple tanks, not looking great. Probably pretty cakeawalkish with 4 pup cor geo though (D or lower) but incredibly slow.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-10 17:21:48
Link | Citer | R

VD
Our kill order is Don > Ravager > Deathgringer > Incanter.
Incanter is slept, tank holds Ravager+Deathgringer with a max HP set, their double Goblin Bomb does 1036 + 1417 dmg.
DDs zerg down the Don asap in a corner. If you kill him before Chainspell's end you won't have to deal with Dirty Bomb (Needles) and Blasting Bomb (Dancing Fullers), you can Stun him too. WHM stays out of range of everyone in any case.
Finale Protect/Phalanx/Ice Spikes on the Don.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 17:24:40
Link | Citer | R

What makes the bomber come bomb the whm. it has to be something related to hp cured, or times cured or something like that
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11