Character of 15 years stuck #savekleyman
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 10:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Guy said he plays vanilla, so that rules out basically all options except getting a GMs attention to Home point him.

Autojoin should still work regardless of the situation, you can join parties while dead.

Simple enough to use windower load that addon and then delete windower.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-04-09 10:11:33
Link | Citer | R

maybe if some post in Enough with the Elitism he can get some elite people to help
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-09 10:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Guy said he plays vanilla, so that rules out basically all options except getting a GMs attention to Home point him.

Autojoin should still work regardless of the situation, you can join parties while dead.

Yeah, but if you are going through this much trouble to get your account back, you will try other methods if they work.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-09 11:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Can others see and/or target you? That might be what's the problem w/ GM/TS teams.. It could be a jurisdiction issue. ><;;

If you are not visible, your character may actually be stuck in limbo where it doesn't have any positional data assigned. I'd try having a friend call a GM for you, and explain as clearly as possible that you just want your character to be moved. Try asking to see Mordion Gaol? ^^;; I've known GMs to actually have a sense of humor, so they might be willing to give you a peek inside... and that would either fix your problem or make them realize that there is a problem they can't fix on their own.

You could also try calling them on the phone. I remember having to do that before many years ago when my wife fell off the airship and got kinda stuck in the ocean while zoning. <,<
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-09 11:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Facts
 Sylph.Kleymann
Serveur: Sylph
user: kleyman71
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:11:02
Link | Citer | R

No, i cannot be targeted by others. Im assuming my character is located whereever it sticks you after the promathia fight but before zoneing back to sea? Im not entirely sure how GMs work with respect to needing to target, but arent they able to send you to jail without targeting? Kinda like how auto jail worked?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 11:14:47
Link | Citer | R

You actually can't if you are in a cutscene. The way these plugins work is by injecting the 'party join' packet.

Packet injection has to 'piggyback' on an outgoing status update packet to work.

While in a cutscene, there are no outgoing status update packets.

Thus, you cannot piggyback on a status update packet, and you will not be able to join a party.

Given he is in a broken cutscene, it may not work out that way. However, there is a strong possibility he will be bound by the same rules of a functional cutscene.
[+]
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Ive racked up enough of a bill talking to them on phone. They have no idea. I get same response of "in game issues need GM and or file bug report."
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 11:27:54
Link | Citer | R

A GM -will- send you back to your home point. You just have to actually get one to show up.

So that you can talk to them.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:30:53
Link | Citer | R

The 1 GM ive managed to get to show up was more or less afraid to do it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 11:32:41
Link | Citer | R

That's standard customer service.

Get support; it's not our fault, talk to "them"

them; not our fault, talk to "those guys"

those guys; not our fault, talk to "support"

You have to escalate or you'll never get anything.

"I am physically stuck, unable to move, please release me to my home point, or get an SGM that can"
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-09 11:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kleymann said: »
The 1 GM ive managed to get to show up was more or less afraid to do it.

dafuq?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 11:33:57
Link | Citer | R

GMs are not technically inclined and it probably says somewhere in their script that if char has certain flags, you don't move them. You may be able to get it done, but I wouldn't count on it.

This would be to avoid situations where GM interference causes damage to a quest line that cannot be repaired by a player. They may leave you stuck in CoP limbo if they forcefully pull you out of the zone while in a CS.

You would likely need an actual developer or someone with similar qualifications to help you in order to have it fixed appropriately.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-09 11:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone actually know what or if there are any ID information for cutscene packet info? I was looking through the list I couldn't tell just from brief glancing. I dont mind trying to help someone out if they want to attempt it.

Comeatme? Got anything for me?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 11:35:38
Link | Citer | R

***if thats the case kiss that account goodbye forever.

Gms have the ability to reset quests/missions, do they not?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 11:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Does anyone actually know where the info for cutscene packet info is? I was looking through the list I couldn't tell just from brief glancing. I dont mind trying to help someone out if they want to attempt it.

It's different for every cutscene. You would need to send the appropriate menu interactions to complete the cutscene, which means either reading through DSP and hoping it's similar enough to retail or logging a first time completion of the same mission.

The bigger problem is that he won't be able to inject packets while he's in the cutscene. You would need to also block whatever packet he's receiving to initiate it, which likely requires him to log it himself. If his character itself is in CS state, you'd also need to change the packets that flag that state. Without following these steps, you'd be unable to actually inject anything to try to resolve the broken CS.

Alternatively, there's a flag in memory that can be edited to start the outgoing packet process while in CS. However, I can't find my notes from the last time I located it.. I remember it being a pain to find.

Gms have the ability to reset quests/missions, do they not?
It's possible. I can't think of ever reading a case of one doing it though, my guess would be it's reserved for higher level employees. GMs would not understand code and unless the back end flags are incredibly neat, it's above call center pay grade.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Exactly what is happening. And i gotta give a shout out to all of you helping me with ideas and to get this noticed hopefully by someone at SE who cares. I've paid a lot of $ overtime for this game, the least someone at SE could do is confirm its being addressed and a timeline - no different than any other buisness.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-09 11:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Does anyone actually know where the info for cutscene packet info is? I was looking through the list I couldn't tell just from brief glancing. I dont mind trying to help someone out if they want to attempt it.

It's different for every cutscene. You would need to send the appropriate menu interactions to complete the cutscene, which means either reading through DSP and hoping it's similar enough to retail or logging a first time completion of the same mission.

The bigger problem is that he won't be able to inject packets while he's in the cutscene. You would need to also block whatever packet he's receiving to initiate it, which likely requires him to log it himself. If his character itself is in CS state, you'd also need to change the packets that flag that state. Without following these steps, you'd be unable to actually inject anything to try to resolve the broken CS.

Alternatively, there's a flag in memory that can be edited to start the outgoing packet process while in CS. However, I can't find my notes from the last time I located it.. I remember it being a pain to find.

Would it be possible to just temp block while logging in to try and force kick or something when you log in maybe? I also wonder, and Im just theorizing here as I don't know exactly how the internals of this work, but I assume that CS state isn't instant when you log in, so it has to happen as you render correct? Possible to do something during login while screen is still loading?
 Asura.Kaotik
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-04-09 11:45:06
Link | Citer | R

I would highly recommend trying Windower and just seeing if any of the plugins help you. Check out Enternity, it's exactly as it sounds, it is designed to automatically hit enter for you during cutscenes. I personally haven't looked at the coding of it, so I'm not sure if it uses anything different than you trying to spam enter or not, but definitely worth a try. FastCS is another option mentioned earlier, I can't see that making a difference but again what's it going to hurt?

As a last resort, I believe there is a plugin out there that will warp you to any Home Point, but I personally haven't used it so not sure if it works from anywhere in a zone or not. There are other programs that let you warp your character, as others here have alluded to. Both of these options run the risk of locking your CoP progress though. Hope it gets fixed, that's pretty shitty.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Thats why the GM wouldnt do it i assumed. However, a broken quest is better than an unusable character.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 11:45:59
Link | Citer | R

None of the things mentioned by Kaotic will help in any way.

You can block the packets that would start the cutscene and block/edit the packets that put your character in cs state. That would get you loaded in and showing your real position. Moving in that condition would be akin to POS hacking, and not advisable. The character will still be flagged as in a cutscene server side, warp from another player will likely fail(you cannot cast spells on a player in any cutscene that cannot be escaped out of). You may be able to get him to his character this way, but it is not a solution and trying to do anything past getting to the character is not advisable.

However, in this state you would be able to inject packets to try to proceed with the cutscene. Doing so safely and not potentially making it worse would require you to log the packets he's receiving as well as the entire interaction on a clean win. Then, you figure out where in the interaction he is from the packet he's receiving, and send the rest of the necessary outgoings spaced appropriately. Since he is in empyreal paradox still, it stands to reason that when the cutscene logic has been appropriately progressed he will be force zoned out to altaieu and able to finish the cutscenes per normal.

Keep in mind that OP has not stated he's interested in pursuing a resolution of this sort, probably not worth getting ahead of yourself unless they're willing to spend the time and effort to work with you on it.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-09 11:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that OP has not stated he's interested in pursuing a resolution of this sort, probably not worth getting ahead of yourself unless they're willing to spend the time and effort to work with you on it.

Yeah exactly why I'm just tossing out random thoughts, as that would require some heavy interaction on his part.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 11:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Tangent. but this kind of thing only happens like once a year. If they would let one person that actually plays the *** game and actually gives a ***be a GM, we wouldn't have these kinds of problems.

12 years ago it would've been fixed immediately.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Would it be possible to just temp block while logging in to try and force kick or something when you log in maybe? I also wonder, and Im just theorizing here as I don't know exactly how the internals of this work, but I assume that CS state isn't instant when you log in, so it has to happen as you render correct? Possible to do something during login while screen is still loading?

When i log in im exiting the promathia fight, so i do see my compass and status like protect, shell etc. That disappears when it trys to load the broken CS, and then nothing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-04-09 11:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Okay t
When i log in im exiting the promathia fight, so i do see my compass and status like protect, shell etc. That disappears when it trys to load the broken CS, and then nothing.

Okay long shot, but if you wanna test something with windower, Id be glad to send you a code snippet to test. I will test it on my mules gladly before giving you the code to ensure it works.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 11:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah exactly why I'm just tossing out random thoughts, as that would require some heavy interaction on his part.

Yes, a lot indeed - and i would be capable, just at this point unwilling. I really do appreciate it guys, but first trying to get the service i pay for back.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2018-04-09 12:08:37
Link | Citer | R

Lol'd, good luck fixing the issue!
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 12:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said: »

Lol'd, good luck fixing the issue!

Hahaha, thanks. I totally thought they would just delete it lol. But they have cleaned up the thread and its still there!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11