FFXI Economy Research / DB Dump or .CSV for a Serv
 Siren.Blewout
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: HuRRiC4Ne
By Siren.Blewout 2018-04-06 14:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

Is there a way to get a .csv dump of sales for one server? Say like Hades? Or the items with the item number and average sale or last sale price? I could really use this information for having a nice snapshot of ffxi economies research I'm doing. And I didn't want to manually compile the info. Or did any API ever come out? Anyone know of a way where or how I could compile this information for an individual server or a certain point in time? If I could get anything, then I could use this to help. Or some type of raw dump of an older server, then I could make my own queries for it. a flat file or csv. would be perfect.

I would really to have something for say like Hades, all the info, or average sales, or last sold for that item...

Thanks,
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-04-06 16:00:03
Link | Citer | R

I have no clue what a ".csv" even is, but it sounds like interesting research. Let me know if you find anything out. It would be neat to see. :P
 Siren.Blewout
By Siren.Blewout 2018-04-09 13:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Any Admin on here? I know the servers transactions are the bread and butter of the site, and I respect that. I would only need one server... Hades would be perfect since it was one of the first to close down and you wouldn't be giving out that much. I would give credit when the work is done on the site. That would allow me to run my analytics on my mysql server and do a bunch of reporting and analysis on it.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-04-09 14:21:48
Link | Citer | R

Seconding this request -- you can do a lot of interesting analytics with this data
 Bismarck.Herrera
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Herrera 2018-04-09 16:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
I have no clue what a ".csv" even is, but it sounds like interesting research. Let me know if you find anything out. It would be neat to see. :P

Oh, Finally something I know! I get to feel useful!

.csv stands for comma separated value. It is a type of file that will work with almost any type of spread sheet software. I use it at work when a spread sheet is going to be opened with different types of software (like Open Office and Excel) so that the file does not need to be converted to another format every time it changes software.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-04-09 16:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna lie, exposing this data to the public could open a lot of cool doors with modeling and speculation

...though perhaps for that very reason, only dead servers' data should be exposed...
 Siren.Blewout
By Siren.Blewout 2018-04-09 20:22:51
Link | Citer | R

You can do a lot with data, i'm a dork like that. I really don't need much and if they could even give me some limited stuff. It would greatly help in the writing my research. It's going to show mmo trending in an era that was the start of a golden era for MMO's. I can get some raw info myself with some scripting. But i'm trying to avoid having to go all out with that. if i could just get a dump with limited information, then it would save a lot of time time and I could focus elsewhere. Either way, it's going to be really neat when i'm done. Appreciate any admins/mods reading this.

Thanks,

PM me