Apogee +1 Set

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Apogee +1 set
Apogee +1 set
By lhova 2018-03-24 13:31:25
Link | Citer | R

Is this full set bis (or close) for smn BP and BP bursts? Guide was referencing Helios with augs. Thank you!
By Pantafernando 2018-03-24 14:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Not entire set but each piece has its use in different sets. Aside hands that i really never saw in any BiS set recently, prob due to how good merlinic hands are.

IMO legs are the best piece in the set, used for either volt strike, flaming crush and magical BP, feet used for flaming crush and magical BP, same to head. Body is normally more used for magical as the artifact body is BiS for either volt stirke and flaming crush.
 Asura.Darian
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-24 19:37:05
Link | Citer | R

I have tested every SMN physical setup claimed to be bis extensively and I can tell you Convoker's body with Apogee +1 Crown (Path A),Slacks (Path D),Pumps (Path A) and Merlinic hands is bis.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-03-24 23:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Whete is your data? Perg's calculator has perfect merlinic winning by fractions of a percent on like 4/5 of slots.
By iambatman3131 2018-03-25 01:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Good luck getting perfect augments on 4/5 merlinic w/o losing you mind, or all of your gil.
By SimonSes 2018-03-25 02:58:46
Link | Citer | R

4/5 Merlinic adide I tho bis for physical is:
Helios head
Af2+3 body
Merlonic hands
A+1 legs
A+1 feet

Convoker feet/body for acc

Also path A for Apogee is MAB so idk how its bis on head and feet unless by physical setup you somehow meant Flaming Crush set,
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-25 04:41:54
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
4/5 Merlinic adide I tho bis for physical is:
Helios head
Af2+3 body
Merlonic hands
A+1 legs
A+1 feet

Convoker feet/body for acc

Also path A for Apogee is MAB so idk how its bis on head and feet unless by physical setup you somehow meant Flaming Crush set,

Tested this already and the band is no match for the crown. With AM3 you're going to multi hit anyways.
By SimonSes 2018-03-25 04:53:26
Link | Citer | R

I think when you include something as important as Nirvana's AM3 up, you should say it lol.

In many scenarios gathering 3000TP is probably possible etc. but taking AM3 as a default and always up buff is imo just wrong.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-25 04:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
Whete is your data? Perg's calculator has perfect merlinic winning by fractions of a percent on like 4/5 of slots.

Theoretical spreadsheet data means nothing to me. Every equation out there is a cooked up, reverse engineered estimate attempting to force a linear scope, assume coefficients, and guess at order or operation placement. The exact same reason why a cure pot set for Wild Carrot will tell that you will cap around 340HP but when you do it yourself it is beyond that. Like I said above, I have tested everything theorized for myself and this is bis hands down:

Convoker's body with Apogee +1 Crown (Path A),Slacks (Path D),Pumps (Path A) and Merlinic hands
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-03-25 09:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Yet path A is the magic side. You mean path B.
By lhova 2018-03-25 09:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Obvious noob ***, but FC is physical or magical? I’m looking for bis for magic bursting ***for CP points. Thought most of apogee +1 was good for that (legs, head and feet).
By SimonSes 2018-03-25 10:02:41
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »
Obvious noob ***, but FC is physical or magical? I’m looking for bis for magic bursting ***for CP points. Thought most of apogee +1 was good for that (legs, head and feet).

It's both. You want to prioritize MAB augments over Att augment tho. So path A Apogee head and feet, path D Apogee legs, Merlinic hands and honestly idk which body is better for FC, Af+3 or AF2+3. I guess AF+3 for avg damage and Af2+3 for spikes, but maybe I'm wrong.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-03-25 11:05:37
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

It's both. You want to prioritize MAB augments over Att augment tho. So path A Apogee head and feet, path D Apogee legs, Merlinic hands and honestly idk which body is better for FC, Af+3 or AF2+3. I guess AF+3 for avg damage and Af2+3 for spikes, but maybe I'm wrong.

AF +3 body vs apogee path A is so close even me and pergatory aren't sure. I personally would stick to AF +3 body due to the additional acc and macc.
By lhova 2018-03-25 13:02:10
Link | Citer | R

What stone are people using for ideal merl hands and what are the ideal stats? I’m still trying to understand the mechanics is smn especially solo nm attempts with trusts. I go in to engage and get raped by the BMW before I can even get out of range. I wish we allowed us to make trusts engage, especially as a back line job.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-03-25 13:04:33
Link | Citer | R

What stone are people using for ideal merl hands and what are the ideal stats? I’m still trying to understand the mechanics is smn especially solo nm attempts with trusts. I go in to engage and get raped by the BMW before I can even get out of range. I wish we allowed us to make trusts engage, especially as a back line job.

Fern stone.
By lhova 2018-03-25 21:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Is there an optimal numbers on merl I’m looking for?
 Asura.Tronian
user: Tronian
By Asura.Tronian 2018-03-26 00:41:14
Link | Citer | R

what about Enticer's Pants vs apogee leg +1?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-26 01:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Perfect Enticer are pretty nice (BiS?) for the merit BPs.
They are a decent (free!) alternative to ApogeeNQ/HQ for most other things, but they're also clearly very inferior.
By Pantafernando 2018-03-26 03:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Is there an optimal numbers on merl I’m looking for?

Cap on BP dmg is 10 and you should always try for it. For physical BP, acc/att +30 is the cap. Ideally you can also add pet: int or pet: str. That would be a perfect merlinic for physical. For magical and flaming crush, same bp+10, but with pet: macc/mab +45, the pet: int.

But i would settle with bp +10 for each, mac/mab +20+ and acc+ anything. Pet: stat i wouldnt aim for any value, just pursuing the others 2.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-03-26 10:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Darian said: »
Theoretical spreadsheet data means nothing to me. Every equation out there is a cooked up, reverse engineered estimate attempting to force a linear scope, assume coefficients, and guess at order or operation placement.
My calculator isn't a spreadsheet. It doesn't guess at anything, it deals in damage multipliers only, where things like order of operations are irrelevant. (For physical, it only compares 2 stats: BP Dmg against Pet:Multi. For magical, it only compares 2 as well: BP Dmg against Pet:MAB.)

That means you still have to take it with a grain of salt because it ignores pet:acc/atk/str/etc. You just have to decide for yourself how to weight the comparison for any changes in pet:acc/atk or enemy eva/def/etc. But it also means there's no guesswork, the comparison should be accurate and if you find it not to be, please let me know.

Asura.Darian said: »
With AM3 you're going to multi hit anyways.
Assuming you're using Incarnation Sash, Shulmanu, and path D slacks, and with Nirvana AM3 up, your chances of having 5 swings (24%) are still worse than your chances of having only 3 (30%). Most of your Volts (46%) will be 4 swings.

Asura.Tronian said: »
what about Enticer's Pants vs apogee leg +1?
Merit BPs with 1500+ TP (including bonus TP from merits): Apogee+1[A]
Merit BPs with less than 1500: Enticers
Impact, Conflag Strike, Level ? Holy, Lunar Bay: Enticers
Other magic BPs like Thunderspark: Apogee+1[A]
Multi-hit physical BPs: Apogee+1[D]
Single-hit physical BPs: Enticers
Flaming Crush: Apogee+1[D or A]
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama