Unmerc'ing Asura - Do You Need Help?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?
Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?
By Nyarlko 2018-11-21 08:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Shameless bump. :D

Recently came back from a RL-induced break from FFXI to find that about half the old LS roster has moved on, and moved up, to more serious groups.. Which is a bit saddening, but it also means that we have plenty of room to accept new newbies!

Especially if you are a new player or recent returnee, if you are in need of help, advice, or are tired of trying to get started playing solo, let us know.

Fair warning: While we are revving back up our event schedule, it will no longer be nearly as rigid or regular as it was. No more nightly events every night. We were never intended to be a serious business LS, and I refuse to let it become one.
[+]
 Asura.Judaiine
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: mrjudaine
By Asura.Judaiine 2018-11-21 08:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Y'know what, I would happily take some help and join the shell.
I've been a little overwhelmed and clueless (regardless of reading up on multiple guides).
By Nyarlko 2018-11-21 14:01:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Judaiine said: »
I've been a little overwhelmed and clueless (regardless of reading up on multiple guides).

What's your character's name so I know who to be keeping an eye out for?
By Dreego 2018-11-21 14:12:20
Link | Citer | R

You are exactly the kind of person and I'm guessing LS I've been looking for since I cam back. I feel the same as Judaiine and am completely lost on what to do next so I've just been capping out jobs....

And again same as Judaiine, would love to get a pearl if possible.
 Asura.Judaiine
user: mrjudaine
By Asura.Judaiine 2018-11-21 14:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Judaiine said: »

What's your character's name so I know who to be keeping an eye out for?
It's Judaiine, same as on here :)

Dreego said: »
You are exactly the kind of person and I'm guessing LS I've been looking for since I cam back. I feel the same as Judaiine and am completely lost on what to do next so I've just been capping out jobs....

And again same as Judaiine, would love to get a pearl if possible.

Glad I'm not the only one! And if you ever want to get together to farm abyssea stuff or whatever is so much more painful to do solo, let me know!
By Moloko7 2018-11-21 14:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Just re-subbed too. Got some basic HQ abj gear for blm/sch/pld and a mixture of val/herc and merl gear. Would be happy to join and help, not massively high end gear but some setups that could be useful.

Edit - Managed to solo some t1-t2s across the three escha zones. With a group I'm sure I could assist.
By Nyarlko 2018-11-21 17:40:45
Link | Citer | R

@Dreego, Moloko7: What are your character names?
 Asura.Bikpik
user: Bikpik1
By Asura.Bikpik 2018-11-21 18:18:09
Link | Citer | R

I would like a shell too please, Bikpik in game
 Asura.Duelly
user: Duelly
By Asura.Duelly 2018-11-21 18:22:12
Link | Citer | R

This sounds like a ton of fun and definitely what I've been looking for since my return! I've been so lost lately with a lot of the new content, I could really use a group of chill helpful people to keep my interest this time around!

Count me in! Duelly of Asura
By Dreego 2018-11-21 18:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Its Dreego
By Moloko7 2018-11-22 01:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Mines Turindas
 Asura.Ayahuasca
user: ayahuasca
By Asura.Ayahuasca 2018-11-22 09:21:52
Link | Citer | R

I hope I'm not late for this, I'm not against the whole mercing things to be honest, but I'm against people who speculate without heart over newbies, to the point that THEY start to /yell asking to buy T1-T2s items, which it totally SAD as it means the normal "team up" gameplay got defeated by the pay per win system, which sucks and brings no real satisfaction or achievemnt to your gaming experience. That said, I'll get a linkpearl if it's still there otherwise I'll send you a tell in game for getting one, I wanna help you and the new players especially to understand how important and funny is to team up, grow as a player and earning your own s***. I got PLD RUN, master BST, SCH, BLM, GEO, BLU and DRK, all decently-well geared!!

edit: been a grammar nazi sorry bout that lol
 Asura.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Asura.Chilzen 2018-11-23 11:43:47
Link | Citer | R

If you still have room within your LS, I would love to help others with such things. Helping others in XI always makes the game funner to play.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Byoz
user: Asper
By Asura.Byoz 2018-11-24 08:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Hello! Are you guys still recruiting for helpers/helpee's? There doesn't seem to be any shells at the concierge
 Asura.Esoj
By Asura.Esoj 2018-11-24 21:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like fun. I'll take a pearl if you guys are still recruiting.
 Asura.Ragnarky
user: Ragnark
By Asura.Ragnarky 2018-11-25 04:47:09
Link | Citer | R

same … i'll take a pearl
By itachiuchihaa 2018-11-25 12:20:54
Link | Citer | R

ill take a pearl :D
By kestiel 2018-11-25 17:13:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm around to help / join in group content, characters: Komach & Kestiel if people are still able to join.

Edit: Just clarifying I'm more in the "need halp" category, just not in the "literally no gear whatsoever and can I leech pls" way.
By Nyarlko 2018-11-25 20:19:12
Link | Citer | R

We are always recruiting helpees. ^_^

Helpers tho, we are not accepting at this time, except for good whm's or geo's, and maybe mages in general since those are always in short supply when you deal with mostly early stage players who tend to gravitate towards melee DD jobs.

I am trying to avoid the same situation we had several months ago where the linkshell was capping out during event times due to too many "helpers" being around, and helpees were getting locked out of the house. >_<;;

Please forgive me if the following comes off harsh, as it really, really isn't meant to, but I think that I really need to clarify some things. ^^;;

We are absolutely not looking for purely event-only members, as we are not an "event linkshell." We are a "linkshell that does things together" and I make a conscious effort to keep us away from the hardcore mentality. Events are not mandatory for anyone (except me @_@), anyone who has access to the content is welcome and encouraged to attend (even if they can do little more than /cheer on the sidelines,) and I have no issues at all with taking a FAR-from-optimal group in to Omen/Dyna even if we have little chance of downing the Wave1 boss, JUST to get new folks accustomed to the content/mechanics and playing with non-Trusts.
[+]
By Doc3355 2018-11-26 00:35:10
Link | Citer | R

very much would like an invite newish player been trying to work on t1 nms for the 3 eschas but having a rough time of it solo. names kaladern on assura
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-11-26 12:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
I am trying to avoid the same situation we had several months ago where the linkshell was capping out during event times due to too many "helpers" being around, and helpees were getting locked out of the house. >_<;;
That's a good problem to have, at least. I think it speaks volumes about the kind of people we share this server with. Go Asura!
[+]
 Asura.Emmajean
user: Sabine
By Asura.Emmajean 2018-11-26 13:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Every post I see about “Asura is just trolls and Merc’s” shouldn’t be argued with. Just send them to this post. Glad you are having success!
[+]
 Asura.Esoj
By Asura.Esoj 2018-11-26 13:54:32
Link | Citer | R

All good. just figured i'd give my help if needed. good luck though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Serveur: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2018-11-26 14:26:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm a noob with almost no gear but a lot of gil. Can you help me?
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-11-26 15:34:56
Link | Citer | R

I would love some help as well. I checked the concierge npc and didn’t see your LS.
By Zulaern 2018-11-26 16:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I /tell'd you a few times today but you must have been AFK. I'm a returning player that just started during the free campaign. Currently have SAM/RUN/COR/BST 99 and looking to actually do some end game stuff. I've been mostly solo til now.

Zulaern is my in game name if I don't catch you at some point.
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2018-11-27 13:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Best of luck with this. I heard many horror stories about Asura in terms of straight up most geared linkshells being merc groups.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-11-27 13:57:17
Link | Citer | R

I can be a helper, I know you said you ain't looking for helpers much but, I'm on the JP time zone, so I can help out that side of the world.
[+]