this is the worst post i've seen all year
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-12 15:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Ummm .. ok? You're 24 years too late. Thanks for that.

"The original North American localization and release of Final Fantasy VI by Square for the Super NES featured several changes from the original Japanese version. The most obvious of these is the change of the game's title from Final Fantasy VI to Final Fantasy III; because only two games of the series had been localized in North America at the time, Final Fantasy VI was distributed as Final Fantasy III to maintain naming continuity. Unlike Final Fantasy IV (which was first released in North America as Final Fantasy II), there are no major changes to gameplay, though several changes of contents and editorial adjustments exist in the English script.

In a January 1995 interview with Super Play magazine, translator Ted Woolsey explained that "there's a certain level of playfulness and ... sexuality in Japanese games that just doesn't exist here [in the USA], basically because of Nintendo of America's rules and guidelines". Consequently, objectionable graphics (e.g. nudity) were censored and building signs in towns were changed (such as Bar being changed to Café), as well as religious allusions (e.g. the spell Holy was renamed Pearl)."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-03-12 15:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Unless we're talking about the FF3 that god savior Tanaka himself put forth as a prototype for extreme difficulty spikes and having like 24 jobs with only a handful being useful outside of cheese strats ala Garuda, then I think someone has pulled the Woolsey over one's eyes in regard to a product numbering.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-12 16:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Whoa whoa, there were FF games before and after XI

What.
The.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Merton
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mert
By Quetzalcoatl.Merton 2018-03-12 16:08:57
Link | Citer | R

What is this even in response to?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-03-12 17:01:56
Link | Citer | R

i object to you wearing cheetah print with zebra stripes, but i'm not gonna make a whole thread about it.
[+]
 Asura.Psyn
Serveur: Asura
user: Delagyela
By Asura.Psyn 2018-03-12 17:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i object to you wearing cheetah print with zebra stripes, but i'm not gonna make a whole thread about it.
Never mix your animals. Unless its a lion and a tiger.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-03-12 18:00:26
Link | Citer | R

It seems JP-kun has just found out the mess Square did with FF in NA back in the first half of 90's and decided to pick on you poor Americans.

If I was him I'd rather mock you guys for not having FF5 and getting Mystic Quest in its place.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-12 18:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Sounds to me like it's the opposite, where he's talking about his US FF3 SNES cartridge and saying it's the true version because he says so.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-12 18:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Mine says "III" you probably got ripped off on eBay if it says "THREE"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-03-13 13:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Questaru said: »
Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger is better than Final Fanatasy 7. 7 is for weeabos, Go U.S.A. !!!
IM NOT JP, IM AMERICAN so is my f@ckin client and taru.

Ummm.... Ok.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-03-13 13:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Merton said: »
What is this even in response to?

I think he/she started the thread just as a means to state an opinion and/or start drama. Not really to ask a question nor be productive.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-13 14:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger is better than Final Fanatasy 7. 7 is for weeabos, Go U.S.A. !!!

I agree about Chrono Trigger .. and I grew up on FFVII and only played Trigger after reaching adulthood. A remade Chrono Trigger would be the sickest thing ever. Also you did start this thread with a Japanese flag next to your name, so you've clearly changed it since. Thanks for the trollbait, it's been entertaining.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-03-13 14:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
These games are *** compared to
fixd
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-13 14:58:56
Link | Citer | R

6 and 9 are best. 8 would be better if the protagonist didn't turn down best girl whip goddess for ***waifu frisbee woman.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-13 15:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
6 and 9 are best. 8 would be better if the protagonist didn't turn down best girl whip goddess for ***waifu frisbee woman.
I'm pretty sure Rinoa only went for him to get back at Seifer since he dumped her for Ultimicia... I mean squall spends the whole first 2 disks being an *** to her. The whole thing just reeks of "Screw that guy, imma *** his rival, that will show him".
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-13 15:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
I'm pretty sure Rinoa only went for him to get back at Seifer since he dumped her for Ultimicia... I mean squall spends the whole first 2 disks being an *** to her. The whole thing just reeks of "Screw that guy, imma *** his rival, that will show him".
Tbf, doesn't matter, had sex. But sadly, it wasn't with Quistis who is blonde, not constantly getting herself in trouble, has the whip thing going on, and wears glasses.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-13 15:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Tbf, doesn't matter, had sex. But sadly, it wasn't with Quistis who is blonde, not constantly getting herself in trouble, has the whip thing going on, and wears glasses.
I don't think his balls had dropped fully till the 3ed disk when he was suddenly interested in Rinoa, by then Quistis had moved on.

Edit: after the orphanage she was all "Nahhh, too close to incest for me"
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-13 15:24:29
Link | Citer | R

I don't think his balls had dropped fully till the 3ed disk when he was suddenly interested in Rinoa, by then Quistis had moved on.

The fact that it's close to taboo but not actually taboo is what makes it better.
[+]
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2018-03-13 15:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Holy crap this thread.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-13 15:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Can I get a what what?
By zaxtiss 2018-03-13 16:04:22
Link | Citer | R

The fact that it's close to taboo but not actually taboo is what makes it better.

haha word!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-03-13 16:04:41
Link | Citer | R

no.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-03-13 16:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
no.
Don't hate on Quistis. You KNOW she was the better choice.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-03-13 16:09:01
Link | Citer | R

this is making me wanna play VIII Oo
First Page 2