New(?) Aeonic Prices?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » New(?) Aeonic Prices?
New(?) Aeonic Prices?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-25 15:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Every since the Hallmark amount for Ambuscade V1 has been increased, almost all currency prices for REMs have dramatically dropped due to the increased supply on the market. There are predictions that the price might drop even more if Ambuscade V2's hallmark amount increases. However, Aeonic prices have remained constant due to the means of acquiring Aeonics not having been altered. Ex) Ergons, on Odin, were roughly 150m/1x weapon (if you bought all of the h-p bayld; sold for 13k/1x h-p bayld on average) prior to the ambuscade hallmark boost. Now, they can be priced at roughly 85m/1x weapon. (6-8k/1x h-p bayld)

So I'm curious about the social-economic attitudes presents by mercers and those buying Aeonic mercs. Do you think Aeonic prices should be, or will be, lowered due to the sharp price drop for other REM weapons?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-25 15:43:52
Link | Citer | R

As soon as the new Su4 weapons from Dynamis-Divergence drop they will go down.

They aren't worth even half of what they're being charged for as it is. The only reason they still get done is people with more gil than brains.
[+]
By iambatman3131 2018-02-25 15:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Not unless people stop buying them.
 Odin.Kealoha
Serveur: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-02-25 15:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Senaki really?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-25 16:19:53
Link | Citer | R

*Gets super defensive*
 Odin.Kealoha
Serveur: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-02-25 16:31:00
Link | Citer | R

We’ve had this talk several times bro.
By Squabble 2018-02-25 18:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kealoha said: »
We’ve had this talk several times bro.

Ooh, enlighten us on the conversation!
By Squabble 2018-02-25 18:46:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't think prices can drop too much further or people will stop merc'ing them as other things become more profitable. Aeonics cost time moreso than the other three, it's unique in that aspect and will be priced accordingly.
By fonewear 2018-02-25 19:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Every since the Hallmark amount for Ambuscade V1 has been increased, almost all currency prices for REMs have dramatically dropped due to the increased supply on the market. There are predictions that the price might drop even more if Ambuscade V2's hallmark amount increases. However, Aeonic prices have remained constant due to the means of acquiring Aeonics not having been altered. Ex) Ergons, on Odin, were roughly 150m/1x weapon (if you bought all of the h-p bayld; sold for 13k/1x h-p bayld on average) prior to the ambuscade hallmark boost. Now, they can be priced at roughly 85m/1x weapon. (6-8k/1x h-p bayld)

So I'm curious about the social-economic attitudes presents by mercers and those buying Aeonic mercs. Do you think Aeonic prices should be, or will be, lowered due to the sharp price drop for other REM weapons?

Let me check my economic textbook... nothing about Aeonic weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-25 20:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Squabble said: »
I don't think prices can drop too much further or people will stop merc'ing them as other things become more profitable. Aeonics cost time moreso than the other three, it's unique in that aspect and will be priced accordingly.

How can you really say it costs time? By your own posts shouts comments and other mentions smn burn is the preferred method. Though nothing wrong with this, the only TIME it involves really is 1hr resets assuming cor mules fail to reset it.
By Squabble 2018-02-25 20:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Murisia said: »
Squabble said: »

How can you really say it costs time? By your own posts shouts comments and other mentions smn burn is the preferred method. Though nothing wrong with this, the only TIME it involves really is 1hr resets assuming cor mules fail to reset it.

1 minute of SMN burn = 1 minute of reset = 1 minute of going to the bathroom = 1 minute of cooking = 1 minute of work. 1 minute = 1 minute, it still costs time.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-25 21:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
As soon as the new Su4 weapons from Dynamis-Divergence drop they will go down.

They aren't worth even half of what they're being charged for as it is. The only reason they still get done is people with more gil than brains.

That is assuming that you have a crafter on your server with the appropriate fully completed escutcheon who is also willing to sell the new weapons for less than 50mil per NQ, AND that the new weapons are able to compete performance-wise with relic weapons. :/ REMA prices didn't go down directly because of Raetics being added after all.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-25 21:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Don't have to assume anything, the one thing you should know from playing this game is you can predict stupid with pinpoint accuracy.

Day one will be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, a week later they'll be slitting each others throats to sell.

Raetic isn't quite good enough to convince people, these should (in theory) be even better.
[+]
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-25 21:57:30
Link | Citer | R

1min does equal 1min. And if you're min's are that valuable perhaps you should be seeking employment elsewhere? Like off the servers? Again, inherently there is nothing wrong with mercing. As the you state it is now based off time and such, how does one charge for time time? How is it people can feel that their time is so valuable that people have to pay them just to be around them?

What happened to helping someone for just a reward? Now it's 30mil or stfu. If YOUR time is so valuable I'd hope your family has a lot of gil/money. Whatever you use at home.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-25 23:03:24
Link | Citer | R

I thought Aeonics were free
[+]
By Squabble 2018-02-25 23:34:13
Link | Citer | R

1min does equal 1min. And if you're min's are that valuable perhaps you should be seeking employment elsewhere? Like off the servers? Again, inherently there is nothing wrong with mercing. As the you state it is now based off time and such, how does one charge for time time? How is it people can feel that their time is so valuable that people have to pay them just to be around them?

What happened to helping someone for just a reward? Now it's 30mil or stfu. If YOUR time is so valuable I'd hope your family has a lot of gil/money. Whatever you use at home.

When I do that, it's for friends. I don't need to do that for other people - my time has value, I can't be responsible for gearing everyone up for no benefit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By oyama 2018-02-26 04:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Aeonics cost time moreso than the other three, it's unique in that aspect

I have no skin in this game, but I'm genuinely curious about this statement. How long does it take to farm an Aeonic starting from 50k beads to done, since that's what you're charging for, vs how long it takes to farm up the gil to buy the average cost of the other three, and the average time to complete their non-gil related components?

Aeonics are made rather fast compared to the others, no? I guess I don't understand what you mean.
By geigei 2018-02-26 04:20:21
Link | Citer | R

I could farm beads in 3 days, 150mil in 3 days, do nm in 1 day. That is faster than any mythic/emp/relic, cheaper and some even better.

For someone not multiboxing/not buying gil dem 150mil take a while, i would rather join a group and work for it than pay for it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-26 06:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Not to nitpick, but relic costs less, and takes less time.
By geigei 2018-02-26 06:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Including trials?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-26 06:45:18
Link | Citer | R

From absolute zero, takes an entire day minimum for beads

Full 75-119II maybe 12 hours (significantly less Aegis/Jellyhorn not afterglow $$ etc)
By geigei 2018-02-26 06:59:22
Link | Citer | R

I value my hr at 6mil so in my case relics are more expensive, not like i care about any at this point.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-26 07:01:38
Link | Citer | R

If it takes you 3 days @ 6m an hour to farm beads vs 12 hours @6m its waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper to do relic.

You value an Aeonic at 432m + kill time.
By geigei 2018-02-26 07:08:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused now -.-
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 07:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Back at the discussion lol. Yes an aeonic can be completed in a day possibly a few hours after beads are gathered. So, someone said they value their time at 6mil and it takes roughly 5-6 people to clear some of the tougher NMs. Sometimes more sometimes less. So 6mil with a group of 7. You should only be paying 42mil for an entire hour of killing NMs correct?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-02-26 07:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Mercs used to charge 300M for clears, and you couldn't keep the drops, back when aeonics were new. Now they cost substantially less and the drops are all included. So in reply to the OP: yes.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-26 07:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I thought Aeonics were free

If you add the pop costs should be some few millions though.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-26 07:45:55
Link | Citer | R

And why is this on windower forum?
[+]
By geigei 2018-02-26 07:46:30
Link | Citer | R

You should only be paying 42mil for an entire hour of killing NMs correct?

Yes but a round takes several hours.
First Page 2