Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player.. Job Points assistance
Returning player.. Job Points assistance
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sanborn
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn 2018-02-17 08:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Good morning! I've been away for some time now and it's a whole new world. I'm attempting to accumulate job/capacity points but they are not accumulating. I've got the job breaker key item, I am fighting enemies in the Adoulin areas, I see the xxx capacity points / job points being earned after I defeat an enemy, but they are not accumulating under the Job Points category.

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I've been pulling out my hair for the last few days.

Thanks in advance!
By Nyarlko 2018-02-17 08:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Job Points are job specific. If you earn Capacity/Job Points as BLU, you can only apply them towards BLU, and they will only show up if you scroll down the list to highlight BLU.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn 2018-02-17 08:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, I looked under THF and the points are accumulating there. I appreciate the assistance!
By Nyarlko 2018-02-17 10:08:39
Link | Citer | R

No problem. ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-17 13:14:15
Link | Citer | R

Another thing you might find entertaining for Job Points are the camps:

Apex, which is the most popular form of Job Point farm, offers a camp style similar to old-school FFXI MB/SC parties. The content occurs primarily in the "Gates" zones of SoA. Best of all, the gear requirement for the content isn't extremely high. Meaning, a group of returning players can go out there and have fun. My favorite zone is Dho Gates and fighting Apex bats (they're so squishy!). :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn 2018-02-17 13:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Awesome guys, appreciate the input. Pretty overwhelming coming back and feeling like I've accomplished nothing!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-17 13:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Sanborn said: »
Awesome guys, appreciate the input. Pretty overwhelming coming back and feeling like I've accomplished nothing!

Hehe, one nice thing for us "old heads" is that the Job Point grind feels a lot like pre-Aht Urghan exp parties in terms of your progress/time investment, but at least you get to see big numbers. Also while this isn't a HUGE deal when you're just starting, remember to use your JPs on the job-specific categories...they also accumulate into "gifts" as you use points in the category, including increasing the rate you acquire JPs.