Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Escha gear up newbies night - Mondays
Escha gear up newbies night - Mondays
First Page 2
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-16 23:33:43
Link | Citer | R

So starting the end game grind is pretty brutal these days in the games life, so let's make this a little easier. Every Monday for as long as I continue subbing to this game, I'm going to spend a couple hours to hand out some gear to people. It's only going to be some light and easy to farm Escha gear, but it should help people get closer to a baseline to getting into other content. So:

What -
Escha-Zitah
t1 - I'll supply pops
t2/3 - You'll supply pops

Escha-Ru'aun
t1 - I'll supply pops
t2 - You'll supply pops
t3 - Nah

Reisenjima
t1 - I'll supply pops

When -
Mondays starting around midnight EST, also known as Tuesday.

What you should do:
Get an idea of what you need, by reading guides (in that jobs FFXIAH subforum), asking questions in said guides or you can send me a tell and maybe I'll have an idea. Also acquire a number of pops for any of the monsters I said you need to supply pops for. Ru'aun t2 have a rather large loot pool so expect to need many pops to get what you want.

And we shall see if this gains any traction, see you then, or not, depending.

Edit: Already got a PM about it, but if others want to contribute and help gear others up, you're welcome to do so. Just say something.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-02-17 01:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Nice to see a good person on this server once in awhile.
[+]
 Asura.Houndsoflove
user: Ephexis
By Asura.Houndsoflove 2018-02-19 03:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Would also offer my help to those that need (routinely do so anyway contrary to popular belief) although I'm GMT based. Can assist those that Lady can't scoop up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-19 12:25:58
Link | Citer | R

LoH if i'm online tonight when you go, I'll help.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-19 12:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So starting the end game grind is pretty brutal these days in the games life, so let's make this a little easier. Every Monday for as long as I continue subbing to this game, I'm going to spend a couple hours to hand out some gear to people. It's only going to be some light and easy to farm Escha gear, but it should help people get closer to a baseline to getting into other content. So:

What -
Escha-Zitah
t1 - I'll supply pops
t2/3 - You'll supply pops

Escha-Ru'aun
t1 - I'll supply pops
t2 - You'll supply pops
t3 - Nah

Reisenjima
t1 - I'll supply pops

When -
Mondays starting around midnight EST, also known as Tuesday.

What you should do:
Get an idea of what you need, by reading guides (in that jobs FFXIAH subforum), asking questions in said guides or you can send me a tell and maybe I'll have an idea. Also acquire a number of pops for any of the monsters I said you need to supply pops for. Ru'aun t2 have a rather large loot pool so expect to need many pops to get what you want.

And we shall see if this gains any traction, see you then, or not, depending.
Edit: Already got a PM about it, but if others want to contribute and help gear others up, you're welcome to do so. Just say something.
Cool
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-19 22:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Bump, about an hour before start. So far no newbies have contacted me, but quite a few people have offered to come along to help. An odd inverse of what I expected.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-19 22:55:13
Link | Citer | R

New people don't know what the *** ffxiah is, so not totally unexpected.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-19 23:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
New people don't know what the *** ffxiah is, so not totally unexpected.

May be true, but if you're trying to figure out endgame in FFXI and haven't found your way to the main fansite, you're probably going to be lost forever.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-19 23:23:02
Link | Citer | R

I can't even remember the last time someone shouted and the reply was "go to ffxiah" instead of "bgwiki"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-19 23:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Send a few shouts in g ame?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-19 23:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Send a few shouts in g ame?

I got three people who /tell'd me in the 15min before it started, I actually have something to do in a couple hours so just knocking what they need out and calling it.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-02-20 00:13:22
Link | Citer | R

I would be on board to help if I was on Asura!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-26 21:33:58
Link | Citer | R

I'll be on in about an hour if anyone is up for week 2 of this. Please have an idea of what you'd like from the OP list of NM's. It helps if you have an idea of what you need other than "BST stuff".

To note my mobo is dying so my computer is pretty sluggish and tearing a fair bit in game, should still be fine to get on and play, but I'm not on the game much the next few days while parts arrive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 21:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Shockmaw. Need doyen pants.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-26 21:51:24
Link | Citer | R

You're a newbie now Buukki? =P
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 22:00:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't use gearswap. Main dragoon and Ninja. And I'm galka. That's as newb as they come
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-26 22:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-26 22:14:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm kidding I don't need the help. Would be a fun challenge to solo it anyways so I think I'll attempt a few
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-26 22:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Well, can probably do it for you anyway, so far got no bites, we'll see if people come at the last minute like last week.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 11:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Going to bump this thread because it's a good idea and offer the below. Hope LoH doesn't mind.

I am available to help with misc stuff that is within my content reach. I can solo most High Tier Battlefields on at least Difficult (some like Superman, Normals, DM = nothx solo). Pretty much any UNM I am good for minus 135 ones (we will need to form for that), just need support for the higher ones. Sinister Reign, willing to take weaker players along to get gear. Alluvion Skirmish if you need gear, can solo those bosses. Pretty much any non end game general content I will offer assistance to any newer or not end-game players.

Unlike Lady, I don't have a set time every week for this, I just pop up online (usually 11-12pm est nightly, early days sunday, sat anytime). You can post here if you're looking for some help with something, or send me a tell in game and i'll help you with whatever you want to get done, assuming I'm available.

Would be free of charge, not mercing, just assisting.
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-03-01 12:19:06
Link | Citer | R

I could really use some Sinister Reign myself. Ive never done the event so Im in need of some of the gear and the trusts on my main and alt. August for sure on my main.

Escha gear I could use too, some for my main, lots for my alt. Though Im not expecting people to spend time gearing my alt, I usually just give him any leftovers if possible.

I just moved from Siren too, so if one of you has a LS I would love to join up. I'm completing as many things that I can duo myself, but reaching that time when making some friends to work through content with will be needed. Cheers.

Im in-game after 5pm PST every weekday. All day on weekends.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 12:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Will be on tonight, look for me. I usually do SR 2-3x a week, 10 runs each time. Check with the local consierge, there is one I just joined for the purpose of helping people. "Seeker" something. Goal "Assist Others". Can find me on there if you happen to join.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-01 12:45:33
Link | Citer | R

Bravo Lady, we need more players like you in this game. I'm doing something similar on Cerberus with our returnees. We need to help people these days, and they're less inclined to learn if they have everything done for them.

If anyone would like advice on how to beat earlier Geas Fete or Omen, send me a PM and I'll pass on my experiences from when my group started doing them.
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-03-01 12:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Will be on tonight, look for me. I usually do SR 2-3x a week, 10 runs each time. Check with the local consierge, there is one I just joined for the purpose of helping people. "Seeker" something. Goal "Assist Others". Can find me on there if you happen to join.

Thank you Buukki. I'll check the concierge at lunch.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 12:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Just cleared two sarama last night with at least 3 under geared players and one trust. Amazing how strong I used to think this thing was, now I can literally go take a bathroom break come back and still be swinging.
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-03-01 13:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Just cleared two sarama last night with at least 3 under geared players and one trust. Amazing how strong I used to think this thing was, now I can literally go take a bathroom break come back and still be swinging.

I'll join up next time! Definatly could use the RUN sword. Just mastered BLU, working on RUN master now.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-01 13:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I'd love to join in to help and nab a few pieces of random gear I need. Will def come next time you do this!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-01 13:38:18
Link | Citer | R

This is the power growth we've been discussing lol. Go try out some Tree Delve II's and realize that used to be "hard" content. It's also why SE needs to be very careful about large power increases via gear updates.
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-03-01 13:49:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

This is the power growth we've been discussing lol. Go try out some Tree Delve II's and realize that used to be "hard" content. It's also why SE needs to be very careful about large power increases via gear updates.

I persoanly think this is why the new Dynamis gear people are complaining about arent major upgrades. There's only so far they can go before everything else becomes trivial.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 14:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Amazing how stupidly strong Master Rune with aeonic is. Looking back to when I was a fledgling BLU and could barely hit that thing, I'm shocked how steep the gear progression and gifts took me over the hump. It's fun going back and experimenting, helping other struggling, growing players get better. Kind of a nice break from the GIMME GIMME GIMME MAKE GIL norm tbh.

I told a few in the linkshell I'd be doing a few more Saramas tonight, to help them get their swords and GS. Might not be til later tonight when i log in, but more than welcome to join. Really just need a geo and cor and the rest dont matter. Can't really die with unda, shell, barwater, and all the other run tools.

Unrelated: As far as Relic+2/3, I have stated before that much of the gear brings with it a heavy attack bonus that many people are choosing to ignore on purpose. That princely amount is not to be left out. It affects white damage and WSD heavily, especially for jobs that don't get it often. Yes, I know we can cap attack relatively easy, but for scenarios like this post, having those extra pieces do make a small, incremental difference over time. Relic+2/3 isn't that bad, it's the delivery that people are most upset about.
First Page 2