Game Skips?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Game Skips?
Game Skips?
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-13 00:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Been having this problem quite a bit lately
Its sort of like if you play with a controller and you disconnect it for awhile and your game starts to skip every couple of seconds.
Except its much longer now and borderline feels like my games about to crash into non responsive close program limbo.
Anyone had this going on or know what I'm talking about? Its making this really bothersome and making me not want to play D:

Not using DS4tool anymore just a ps4 controller connected via us bus
 Odin.Kealoha
Serveur: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-02-13 00:36:17
Link | Citer | R

If I had to guess, it’d prolly had something to do with your controller and the drivers to it. That or something wrong with your PC’s physical components (GPU, video card, RAM etc).

Does it pause for a second and all of a sudden catch up with super speed?
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-13 01:17:07
Link | Citer | R

yeah pauses but for more like 1.5-2 seconds. Feels like its really about to crash
i5-6500@3.20
RAM16GB
GPUS MSI GTX 960 4g
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 01:46:41
Link | Citer | R

It's probably NOT related at all with your issue, very confident it's not, but since it's a quick thing to check for, can you try to unload the addon "findall" and see if that helps with those "skips" you're experiencing under those circumstances?
By geigei 2018-02-13 02:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Unplug your ***one by one, in my case it was my plantronics usb headphones.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-02-13 03:05:26
Link | Citer | R

i have a similar issue when i use the bluguide addon. if i move the mouse then the game would freeze for 0.5 to 1.5 sec approximatively (probably while i'm mouving the mouse) then catch up.
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-02-13 06:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried setting the affinity for the program to core 0? On my ryzen cpu windows does not see the game as a game and if its on say core 6 or something it lags like crazy when that core throttles down. Setting the affinity to core 0 did help with my frame skipping as core 0 usually does not throttle down.

Though my frame skips were on average .5 sec avg some times lasting longer.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2018-02-13 07:49:06
Link | Citer | R

had the same problem , game skips here and there . mostly noticable when i moved the camera around my character .

had to do a fresh win install to fix that
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-02-14 14:46:47
Link | Citer | R

So turning findall off fixed it.
Tried it first and the skips stopped completely, also going to set my 3 windowers affinity to CPU0 to see if it does any better
I still get fps drops in omen pretty bad but you know geo bubbles and all that, Thanks everyone!
 Lakshmi.Miang
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2018-02-14 16:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
So turning findall off fixed it.
Tried it first and the skips stopped completely, also going to set my 3 windowers affinity to CPU0 to see if it does any better
I still get fps drops in omen pretty bad but you know geo bubbles and all that, Thanks everyone!

Findall has been causing a problem for me for a long time now too. The game locks up for a second or two, if it locks for too long sometimes even crashes. The game is installed on an SSD, and windower is installed on a different NVMe SSD, so it's not because the storage device is too slow, and I get lock ups even if I have findall loaded on only 1 character.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2018-04-17 07:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Verbannt said: »
Have you tried setting the affinity for the program to core 0? On my ryzen cpu windows does not see the game as a game and if its on say core 6 or something it lags like crazy when that core throttles down. Setting the affinity to core 0 did help with my frame skipping as core 0 usually does not throttle down.

Though my frame skips were on average .5 sec avg sometimes lasting longer.

Do you have any technical argument or evidence to backup that core 0 throttles less down than e.g.g core 6?
I would be highly interested in this behavior.
Please hit me up in pm if I don't responds/Miss you answer
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-04-18 02:58:46
Link | Citer | R

This highly depends on which family of cpu you have, Ryzen used to do this alot, but they released a patch to fix this.

When I run ffxi, it usually sits in core 3 or 4, some times it will go to core 6 (thread 11) in my case the game did preform better in core 0.

In my sister's case using a skylake pc, she has the problem only when a game pad is connected.

my brother using a near identical build to mine has no problems at all, and uses the old plugin unlimited.

I posted what helped in my case, but as with all games that have issues with newer hardware, you may have to test alot of things, turn things off or unplug hardware like the game pad and see if it has an effect.

also the reason core 0 dosent park, though I did say throttle, is because core 0 is responsible for key processes required for windows, I have never seen it below 5%.